Best proffession for pally

Ive recently just come back to wow from a break and am ready to get back into the swing of things, Ive got a ret pala (inb4 lolretfotmnoob) and have started lvling mining. Having been away for a while im pretty out of touch with things and would like some opinions on what prof would be best to level out of engi, blacksmith and jc.

thanks for any advice in advance ;D

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Best proffession for pally

Imo go for JC/BS.Since u are lvling mining try to farm as mats as possible for both profs and then abbandon mining.JC/BS is the best combo

I dare to disagree on JC / BS for once:

JC is a certain ofc but BS offer just 40 str (2 extra sockets).

Engineering!

-haste enchant on gloves to stack up your seal fast aswell as ofc make your swings
    -24 crit enchant on boots
    -bombs!

You also gotta consider the "dps increase" in your nitro boosts to get you fast to your target, nobody knows how important this is gonna be in Icecrown Citadel, this have on many times on Icehowl after his charge into the wall saved my stack of seal of vengeance dot from falling off.

Pure patchwerk style: JC/BS
    Real fights: JC/Engi

Interesting concept for Engineering, but sense it can't be measured and crit/haste dont increase exponentially, BS is a safer bet. Also, I know the OP was asking for ret, BS is also the better profession for Prot or Holy so I would stick with that.

bs/jc are best. if u are ret or prot, enchanting is almost as good. if you are holy, enchanting not the way to go. sp for holy is ptless.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    bs/jc are best. if u are ret or prot, enchanting is almost as good. if you are holy, enchanting not the way to go. sp for holy is ptless.
    pure stats are always better and the only source come from Gems or old tbc enchant (give me back :O)
    so enchanting isnt that great
    Quote Originally Posted by skawboen
    You also gotta consider the "dps increase" in your nitro boosts to get you fast to your target, nobody knows how important this is gonna be in Icecrown Citadel, this have on many times on Icehowl after his charge into the wall saved my stack of seal of vengeance dot from falling off.
    its situationnal.. but rarely like this

I'm currently JC and Enchanting.

I like it as it is a very convenient combination that also provides a lot of flexibility.

I can enchant my own gear. I can disenchant old gear and BoP gear. I can enchant my rings with suitable buffs for each of my three specs.

Quote Originally Posted by skawboen
    I dare to disagree on JC / BS for once:

JC is a certain ofc but BS offer just 40 str (2 extra sockets).

Engineering!

-haste enchant on gloves to stack up your seal fast aswell as ofc make your swings
    -24 crit enchant on boots
    -bombs!

Pure patchwerk style: JC/BS
    Real fights: JC/Engi
    I'd have to disagree with eng personally. BS gives you the 2 sockets, so +40 str. Your points for eng:

1) Haste on gloves. Haste is very meh for retadins, and getting this means you won't get greater assault. This is 44AP vs. 68 haste(340 haste for 12 secs every minute). The AP enchant is better.

2) 24 crit to boots. Crit is good but you are losing 32 AP enchant. Just from gear it should be easy for a ret to get 30% crit, and this only adds .5%.

3) Bombs...fun but, really?

4) Nitro boost run speed: Most fights PoJ would suffice.

BS: +40 str, +76 AP. ENG: +68 haste, +.5% crit, 5 second run speed increase.

I like BS personally

Edit: Forgot about Crusher to gloves, changed AP accordingly
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux
    I'd have to disagree with eng personally. BS gives you the 2 sockets, so +40 str. Your points for eng:

1) Haste on gloves. Haste is very meh for retadins, and getting this means you won't get greater assault. This is 35AP vs. 68 haste(340 haste for 12 secs every minute). The AP enchant is better.
    My Gloves have + 44 ap on them :>

scared myself for a second, yes Crusher +44 AP. I just got new boots last night and had greater assault in my mind since thats the best for boots, forgot about Crusher
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface