Poll: Which is better?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Ele 4P T8 or 2P T9?

Should i drop a piece of 219 T8 for a piece of 232 T9? Is it a DPS increase to drop the 4 piece bonus for the 2 piece bonus of T9?
    Mounts at level 20? When I was your age, we had to walk on FOOT across the wetlands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoshoes
    Stupid Arthas. Worst ret noob ever. Whatever you do, don't join an instance with him!

Though I hear he's rerolled Deathknight now and changed his name.

Re: Ele 4P T8 or 2P T9?

4t8 is better. with the changes in 3.2.2 it'll be a lot better.

t8 2pc + t9 2pc < t8 4pc when you compare the dps from these set bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by Phriktion
    t8 2pc + t9 2pc < t8 4pc when you compare the dps from these set bonuses
    I'd go with this, but this is just an unedicated guess.

Still, T9 has iLvl 232 and is thus bound to have better stats than T8.

I recently switched (see armory) to 2T9 + 2T8.5 + my awesome resto shamy gladiator pants (thanks koralon!). Rawr suggested it and I followed^^
    This space is available for rent!

Deleted

T8 4pc is better than T8 2pc + T9 2pc.

Unless you think the gear you are changing it with will give you 70 more DPS. (which isnt that hard to do if you are getting the 25 man stuff)

yep,
    232 is not worth it
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

i instantly dropped my t8 4 set for 2 2sets. im saving up 100 badges though for my chest and pants, cause i dont want to break my crit chances on flame shock. Or until they change the glyph of flame shock. which ever happens first

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Burningtotem
    i instantly dropped my t8 4 set for 2 2sets. im saving up 100 badges though for my chest and pants, cause i dont want to break my crit chances on flame shock. Or until they change the glyph of flame shock. which ever happens first
    Thats a very bad idea, you lose about 90 DPS going from T8 4pc to T8 2pc and T9 2pc

Both the 2pc + 4pc on both sets give you roughly 270 DPS. But the DPS on each is not equal (for example, the T8 2pc does not give you the same DPS as the T9 2PC).

T8 Set Bonus DPS
    2pc = 125 DPS
    4pc = 155 DPS

T9 Set Bonus DPS
    2 pc = 60 DPS
    4 pc = 210 DPS

So as you can see the early T9 does not even compare to T8 4pc. You lose about 90 DPS switching down.

So once you get 4/5 T9, switch to T9, until then use 4/5 T8 + 1/5 T9.
    Once you get the 4/5 T9 bonus (20% LvB Damage) Switch your [Glyph of Totem of Wrath] into [Glyph of Lava]. This will boost the T9 set bonus even more and make the combined set bonus's favor T9.

That is true if you only consider the bonuses. But the T9 itself gives more dps than the T8 too, with its amount of SP, haste and crit. More than 90 to justify a switch ? I do believe so, especially if you pick 2 ilv 245 pieces (like I am in 3 badges, can't wait, aiming for helm and chest first, and with hope of being lucky on koralon).

And when you'll be 2p T8/2p T9, consider removing the Flame Shock glyph (on 3.2.2 of course) for having both ToW glyph and Lava glyph. Can't wait to see my LvB crit at 15k again.

Deleted

The only way you would get the 90 spell power + (Enough to warrant the change to T9 2pc) is if you had T8 (10 man) and upgraded to the 25 man T9. Remember, you are already using 1 T9 anyway, so you would need to gain 90 DPS in 1 item change.

Quote Originally Posted by clampy
    The only way you would get the 90 spell power + (Enough to warrant the change to T9 2pc) is if you had T8 (10 man) and upgraded to the 25 man T9. Remember, you are already using 1 T9 anyway, so you would need to gain 90 DPS in 1 item change.
    Sorry, didn't clarified it: it wasn't 90 sp you needed to get, but 90 more dps.
    Which I'm sure you acquire by switching from T8 ilv 226 to T9 ilv 245.