Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Patch 3.2.2 Notes Update, Blue Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lilbandit
    lol @ people crying about this totem nerf. you knew it was coming, it was hugely overpowered in arena. you can completely nulify a frost and an unholy DK, and to a lesser extent a blood DK.

whether your other skills are lacking and need buffing is by the wayside, you cannot have an ability which is so damn spammable and cheap and completely nullifies a member of the opposing team.

oh and @ pve - learn to pre-empt the poison/disease incoming, e.g. fights like Yogg-saron, you know its coming, so drop is at the start.
    you either do not know the dk class or your just a complete moron diseases do not make or break any dk spec yes they are useful and yes the boost our damage but it doesnt completely nullify anything when they are dispelled not to mention any pvp dk worth his salt has virulence which will decrease the likeliness of said dispells even without diseases as i stated i crit for 6k plus on 8-900 resil opponents and yes ive proven this the real power behind FS and SS is the fact that they IGNORE ARMOR due to them being a magical type of damage (FS=frost and SS = shadow) this makes them devastating to all opponent plate wearers or cloth esspecially when you have a high str/ap rating pushing them along with a higher end weapon if you are having problems due to disease dispells check your spec and upgrade your gear its that simple

My Deviantart sig by Axa

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuz Kontrol
    Learn to get your facts straight next time. I'm not here crying, "OMG BUFF DKS PLX KTHZ!" or "OMG NERF SHAMANS SO OP". Just trying to state the fact that the totem is a little bit of overkill. I'm not saying Shamans shouldn't be buffed in other areas, but not with this ridiculous totem.
    The fact that I play both a lvl 80 DK and Shaman in arena at 2k rating should justify my response and be enough for me to have my facts straight. The totem isn't and never was overkill, considering how easy it is to get rid of it and how easy it is for the classes who are affected by it to reapply their poisons/diseases. And I didn't say Cleansing Totem needed a buff, it's fine as it is on live, but this nerf is just adding to the pile of shit that is Enhancement and Elemental. Yes, this nerf affects all three specs if you didn't notice, and my main concern with this nerf wasn't Resto. Thus, this nerf is not justified since it is breaking the other two.

Also I'll ignore that petty excuse for an immature retort that is the last paragraph of your post, such manners...

Quote Originally Posted by Kreuz Kontrol
    The totem doesn't have as big of an effect on Rogues as it does Death Knight. Rogue poisons get applied constantly. Death Knights have to use weak one rune attacks to reapply their diseases, not to mention diseases are pretty much a requirement for Death Knight attacks to hit harder than wet noodle since all of them hit a % based on the number of diseases on the target.

"Counter" classes are fine, but Shamans could completely nullify a Death Knight with one single totem. Fair? Not really. It's about the same as back in the day when Shamans / Priests could simply purge / dispel Retribution Paladin seals making them nothing but an auto attacker. (This was before nifty abilities like Crusader Strike and everything that's came after it.)
    Gee I wish Blizzard would apply this same logic to spriest dots. The VT backlash doesn't do shit.

Yeah shaman get nerfed in PvP. Devs lost a few games I bet. I think someone said it best that whenever a class starts to give the top comps some real competition it's nerfed right away. Oh well! People PvPing in this game is at an all time low and sucks the big one.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shaman
    • Cleansing Totem: No longer pulses instantly when dropped.
    That's a fucking PvE nerf. There are a few fights where your whole group is likely to get hit with a poison and you could simply drop the totem as a mass dispel. Example: Second boss in Utgarde Pinnacle when the tank doesn't turn the jormungar away from the group.

Quote Originally Posted by ThiefMaster
    Shaman
    That's a fucking PvE nerf. There are a few fights where your whole group is likely to get hit with a poison and you could simply drop the totem as a mass dispel. Example: Second boss in Utgarde Pinnacle when the tank doesn't turn the jormungar away from the group.
    Oh noes, because healing heroics is srs biz and hardmode.

Its complete bull shit for them to nerf it in this way. Lower the pulse to 1 or 2 seconds if your doing this. I mean really. A DK loses what? 20- 25 % when we use this Totem? Wow... Thats not really that much. First they tell us its redundent to have Earthen Power and Ghost Wolf both give us Snare Immunity. Guess what? Ghost Wolf doesn't do shit for my team mates who are snares does it? They then go and make the Flame Shock Glyph do the same as our T8 2 set bonus for Elemental and not change that because thats sure as hell not redundent at all is it? Man... Learn your own fucking game blizzard and stop catering it to just the Classes the Devs like to play. I've waited a LONG Seven Arena seasons to be competive as Enhance and now you take it all away bit by bit. Great to see you knew about the Holy / Prot palys least season and didn't bother to remove those at the start of the S7. GG, Learn to manage your fucking game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    Shamans are OP atm period.
    The thing i don't understand is why they nerf shamans so fast but not priests.
    ohh the irony, a lock speaking of opness

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant
    srs biz and hardmode.
    All this little shitstain needs to do now is throw in some umadcuzubad and an inb4 and I can check off the last two boxes of Failtroll Bingo! Try working on some originality instead of copying all the other retard little pukes thinkin they're e-thugs.

With that said, the negation of the extra damage gained from diseases by totems has been bantered back and forth enough as it is. That's an obvious point. The main thing that bothered me about the miniscule cost of the Cleansing Totem compared to the cost of one to two runes for constant reapplication was skewed very heavily in the Shaman's favor. A lesser, but equally important, point would be that a moderately deep talent like Chillblains is completely negated by a cheap baseline ability at the same time.

Those two points are where the mechanical imbalance lies.
    It has nothing to do with player skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    The effects of the Cataclysm on Outland
    Just because Azeroth is being affected doesn't mean the threat of the Burning Legion isn't still there (for new toons to experience at least). If anything changes in this regard it would probably be a couple quests that send you there but I wouldn't expect Outland itself to change much since messing with 2 continents is already a lot of work. (Source)

[...] You have to consider the changes with some form of leniency, while technically you could say that if the story progresses then we need to remove a bunch of the content from Outland and Northrend as those are over - but for numerous reasons, you can probably see why that would be a bad idea. This is the same type of thing that happens by just having a persistent world, just because one quest was completed where something was killed doesn't mean it vanishes from your sight forever.

While a level 80 doesn't need to return to the locations of Outland and Northrend and can focus on the new stories - a new character hasn't helped defeat the villains in those areas so they still need to answer the call and fight them off (or in the terms people are tossing around, they need to level). (Source)
    Does this mean they are going to revamp Outland content a bit?
    I think they should scale down all the raids to 5 man lv 68 instance since the 70 raid are never going to be raided again. And this could provide more content with no work at all. Also a lot of people who didnt experience the old raids could do thema again with this strategy (obviously there is still a 25 man raid of that instance for people who want to get the warglaives and all that stuff...)

This or they should totally revamp the dungeons: normal version is for lvl 60-70 players, heroic version is for lvl 85 players. All Raids gets a lvl85 5man and 10man revamp. (5 man gets lvl85 low level epics, 10man gets high level epics).
    This would increase incredibly the content aviable for lvl85 players and also increase the heroics that are "farmable" for badges.
    Also they should add tabards for factions like WoTLK factions have. You know, revamping Outlands isnt always bad, since Northrend are "fresh" and the Azeroth is getting a full revamp, Outlands should get one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Reapertouch
    If this is what Blizzard is trying to achieve. Should people playing other classes be expecting the buffs they bring to raids, to be more simplified in the future? (i.e. no more Imp Power Word: Fortitude or Imp Mark of the Wild)? will they be dumbed down to just one basic buff that a player can cast being ANY spec?
    Thats just sort of what it sounds like what they are saying when it is put like this "Nobody should get brought because they have an awesome buff but are otherwise a liability. You should be able to get most of the buffs and debuffs you really need in a number of different raid configurations, and ideally even taking two players of the exact same spec won't feel like a mistake. The game should be in defeating the boss, not assembling the group." :-\
    Well that is kind of the way they are going with the new leatherworking drums and inscription scrolls that will provide something like the benefit of Blessing of Kings, MOTW etc. But by that logic, I guess we should be expecting to see other class(es) aside from shamans get a heroism/bloodlust buff too. After all, I'm sure I've seen mediocre shammies brought along to a raid just because they have heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascendant
    The fact that I play both a lvl 80 DK and Shaman in arena at 2k rating should justify my response and be enough for me to have my facts straight. The totem isn't and never was overkill, considering how easy it is to get rid of it and how easy it is for the classes who are affected by it to reapply their poisons/diseases. And I didn't say Cleansing Totem needed a buff, it's fine as it is on live, but this nerf is just adding to the pile of shit that is Enhancement and Elemental. Yes, this nerf affects all three specs if you didn't notice, and my main concern with this nerf wasn't Resto. Thus, this nerf is not justified since it is breaking the other two.

Also I'll ignore that petty excuse for an immature retort that is the last paragraph of your post, such manners...
    You're the one who feels the need to result to insults without reason, and "I" am the immature one? Okay.

Let me ask you something. When was your DK in the 2k rating? Right now in this season, or in the last season?

Also, what do you mean how "often" DKs reapply their diseases? They don't. They're not going to Icy Touch / Chains of Ice + Plague Strike when they could be using Scourge Strike, Obliterate, Hungering Cold, or Death Strike.

I'm still not sure why you feel the need to attack me. I don't want your attack nerfed into the ground. The fact is DKs were nerfed a lot since last season and honestly.. you don't need any sort of extra defense against them. You need them against classes that have been OP since day 1 of Vanilla WoW - Rogues (among others).

Also to the other guy.. what do you mean DKs specs don't rely on diseases to do damage? Are you kidding me? Unholy is of course the most reliant and is absolutely crippled without them. Not only does Scourge Strike get its damage increased per disease on the target, it also gets its damage increased from things like Rage of Rivendare (% of damage for simply having Blood Plague on the target) and from the Ebon Plague disease (13% increased magic damage). It's the most horrible ability available if you don't have some diseases running.

Frost, on the other hand, is more-so reliant on just having Frost Fever on the target as opposed to both diseases (but both are better). Frost Fever is a bit easier to apply since it has 2 ways to be applied if spec'd properly, both which are ranged (Chains of Ice / Icy Touch ).

I love how shamans get a few buffs and then are nerfed back to non-existence as fast as they came out of it.

Seriously, Shamans have had the most issues in arena since they came out, let us have our moment to shine please.

And to destro locks saying shamans are OP: WTF?!

I noticed a few people didn't read the original post Ghostcrawler was responding to...PLEASE read it! They are not nerfing Warlocks. They are probably going to BUFF Shaman to make ToW match Demonic Pact! Currently Demonic Pact scales, and Totem of Wrath doesn't. The original post was to bring that up and ask what it going to be done, as eventually ToW will be useless in later content. It was great at 80 when we first started raiding Naxx, but not as much anymore.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Acaiblue
    I love how shamans get a few buffs and then are nerfed back to non-existence as fast as they came out of it.

Seriously, Shamans have had the most issues in arena since they came out, let us have our moment to shine please.

And to destro locks saying shamans are OP: WTF?!

We had our time in vanilla WoW. Apparently we're not allowed to have fun any longer...

Quote Originally Posted by Adsam
    Does it seem to anyone else that Blizz seem to want to gradually, painfully remove shamans from existing in WoW? i mean, 3.2.2 will be stopping ele/enhance shamans from Thunderstorm/Shamanistic Rage while stunned (our only "Real" defence from any class) and now this. Also, not sure of the changes that are in the works at the moment with ToW, but that will no doubt be put outside to die slowly....
    Before I see any more QQ-ing about how shamans need nerfs for any apparent reason, I want you to ask yourself one simple question...... "Have Shamans ever been a threat to me whilst playing in BC or WotLK?"
    just look at this QQing your doing. About nerf TO A CLEANSING TOTEM! what do you think that us deathknight feel when we get 10 nerfs every minor patch. having dancing rune weapon nerfed, having frost tanking and even dps and burst in terms of pvp really nerfed. QQing over one nerf although i know its a big one its not like shamans are gonna get slaughtered with this nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by bio
    your wrong im running around in deadly with betrayer of humanity and even without diseases im critting people for over 6k when they have 8-900resil thats not wet noodle if i get a class out of los of their healer within 10 seconds they are dead end of story not to mention UH is the spec of choice for pvp which relies heavily on SS and glyph of SS which gives a chance to apply all of your diseases on the target to be honest if anything shammies need a buff not a nerf i see a shammy right now and its like ooo free kill with or without diseases on target
    6k crits on 900 resi? looks to me like awsome spec, or is it just uber lieng? give me your armory link and ill actually believe that, or make a video

Shaman
    i hope this is a joke.

Freeze It Now, Eat It Later

i know this thread is not about this but blizz... pay atention! ghostcrawler said cleansing totem was just op. it is. but then look at pally bubble!! imune to any harm for 12 seconds!! while you try nerfing other weak classes your just buffing paladins, i mean ret pallys, 8k divine storm hitting 4 enemies, getting 25% mana evry few secs, just op, and then buble its just unfair.

We are talking about arena right?
    Then how the **** can you say warlocks are op? Our burst is OP i give you that, but our survival is crap so it evens out. I would be glad if they took some burst and gave us survival insted....

Anyway. Shamans whine about warlocks in arena? Shamans whine about rogues in arena?
    Like 99% of all warlocks and shamsn play RLS so shouldn't we be on the same side?

And don't give me crap like "we talk duel/bg", The game isn't balanced around that.