Thread: Totem Nerf

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Totem Nerf

Quote Originally Posted by tacklebox
    Diseases stack pretty fast. Even if you're doing nothing but spamming cleansing totem, you're still doing nothing but spamming cleansing totem. I dont see how that's overpowered.
    DK, in all simplicity can do one of the two things in their 10 second baseline rotation:

1. Stack diseases doing little to no damage
    2. Do meaningful damage with main strikes (provided diseases are up)
    3. Do prot warrior level of damage with main strikes (without diseases)

By ensuring that diseases never stick on target, you ensure that DK is never able to do meaningful damage with main strikes. It's just that simple.

P.S. Yes, I know 1. is false when running shadowfrost. The entire point is however that shadowfrost is dead. Blizzard wants it dead really bad and wants it to stay dead.

Look on the bright side. So long as shaman healers carry bloodlust, you'd have to be truly nerfed to the ground, at least to the extent that DKs have been nerfed in last patch before people start swapping you out of 3s and 5s caster teams. Bloodlust is just that gamebreaking when going for the kill.

Im not a DK or a shaman, but the instant cleanse everyone spell on a low GCD and low mana cost seems like it would be pretty redicolous against DKs. It was bad enough when shamans and their teams were immune to fear with instant tremor, and its bad now that enhance shamans and their teams are immune to slowing effects. Yes, shamans arent powerful in arenas right now, but should be buffed in other ways then being able to clear all diseases from their whole team in 3 seconds for a low mana cost.

And to those complaining about rogues applying poisons so fast... They are balanced around having poisons up at all times if they are on a target. If they applies poisons slower, then they would deal far less damage, and would never be able to keep up with their target. Rogues are already one of the most kitable classes in the game. Just ask all the high end arena Marksman hunters what happens to a class thats based on poisons and cant apply them very quickly.... OH WAIT there are no high end marksman hunters cause they cant get poisons on their target and lose 25% of their damage!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by tacklebox
    Diseases stack pretty fast. Even if you're doing nothing but spamming cleansing totem, you're still doing nothing but spamming cleansing totem. I dont see how that's overpowered.
    i play both, DK and an elemental shaman. actually you're wrong, diseases do not stack pretty fast and if you have to use all your runes just to keep diseases up, your damage really does suffer a lot. cleansing totem is a real pain in the ass for every DK, there's no doubt about that.

BUT:

there are so many classes, who can completely counter other classes (not just be incredibly annoying, like cleansing totem is)... frostmages vs warriors, rogues vs everyone? what about warlocks vs elemental shamans? and what about restoduids dominating the arena for an entire expansion (and they're still overpowered!)?

it's hilariously unfair, that shamans get taken away the only really mighty weapon they've had in the past years against any class. especially because that class is the death knight, who has been dominating arenas ever since they were introduced.

and, DKs, be honest... you're still pretty insanely viable in every bracket and you've never ever lost a match JUST because of cleansing totem.

Quote Originally Posted by Extouch
    I so lol'd when I read this, compared to all the other classes which is getting nerfed sideways all the time, a 'lil totem cleansing nerf is just.. nothing.
    I don't know if this is a joke or not. But let me clue you in on the fact shamans are still at the bottom of the pack in pretty much all aspects of the game.

Either way, you're an idiot.

After reading most of the posts, I'd like to start mine with a little vent for all the butthurt Kids, adults, elderly, don't really know your true age, don't really care:

Stop being idiotic about DK's joining the game. They are here to stay, so shut the fuck up for christ's sake.

It's absolutely incredible how many people still hate them for living.

Or "not" living.

Anyways,

I play a DK, an enhancement/resto shaman and a couple other classes.

DK's have a Hell of a time putting up diseases with Cleansing being spammed currently. So No it wasn't balanced.

Is DK Dps balanced currently? No, Not entirely. It's much better than it used to be, but it's getting the ARP Nerf again, so stop complaining.

I feel for Other Shamans with the earthen power nerf, but the cleansing totem one IS justified.

So stop being idiots.
    This won't affect good players.

IE: Get good or gtfo.
    <3

P.S.

One more little rant:

To the 2 idiotic scrub fuck shamans that are pissed about this (the Ones with 1600-1700 +Heals on their Sig),

/Facepalm.

Leave.
    Now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_
    DK, in all simplicity can do one of the two things in their 10 second baseline rotation:

1. Stack diseases doing little to no damage
    2. Do meaningful damage with main strikes (provided diseases are up)
    3. Do prot warrior level of damage with main strikes (without diseases)

By ensuring that diseases never stick on target, you ensure that DK is never able to do meaningful damage with main strikes. It's just that simple.

P.S. Yes, I know 1. is false when running shadowfrost. The entire point is however that shadowfrost is dead. Blizzard wants it dead really bad and wants it to stay dead.

Look on the bright side. So long as shaman healers carry bloodlust, you'd have to be truly nerfed to the ground, at least to the extent that DKs have been nerfed in last patch before people start swapping you out of 3s and 5s caster teams. Bloodlust is just that gamebreaking when going for the kill.
    And This ^

EDIT:

One more thing, in no way Am i saying that Shamans are fine.

They aren't.
    They need buffs.

Without a doubt.

Spamming cleansing totem will just make you die a bit slower, unless the DK dps is lower than our searing totem (which I don't think is possible since DKs start at lvl 55). I can't believe DKs were complaining about not being able to kill us fast enough. Spoiled brats.

people who complained about cleansing totem being op are facerolling death knights who suck at every other class

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Yeah, they are never going to let shamans do well in pvp - not sure why. Oh well.

I kind of doubt it has anything to do with pvp balance... Its just a matter of people purposely using cleansing totem over their actual spell. Why have the innate ability to remove poisons and diseases at all, if we can do so faster and to more targets at once with cleansing totem? Thats not to say there aren't other useless abilities, but the point of having it in totem form is for it to be passive, whereas the spell is active. I don't PvP so I can't really speak to that, but I know I take advantage of instantly being able to cleanse 5 people at once pretty frequently in raids/5mans.