Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So shaman totem nerf.

Guild Leader and I got into an argument. He thinks that the totem should not be nerfed because shamans are already underpowered and underrepresented in arena's. He also feels that they SHOULD keep their niche against DK's so that DK's actually have to try harder to kill something.

MY argument was that it gets rid of diseases too easily at little cost, and it takes me much more cost to apply the diseases.

Re: So shaman totem nerf.

Your guild leader is a retard. Shamans are highly represented if you look at any stat sites. They don't need a niche against DK's. It's the same thing as how plague strike and blood plague used to be the only thing keeping druids from decent ratings. Now cleansing totem and abolish disease are what's keeping dk's pretty much dead last in all brackets.

Blizzard has proven that they are both mercurial and arbitrary when it comes to balance changes. They let druids and dks run amok for an entire season and nerf warlocks in less than a week. They usually do not look at the big picture when it comes to shit, and often they react more to the psychological effect than actual result (see fear vs. stun).

This hurts shamans who suffer enough. And yes, if you take away resto they have pretty bad arena representation.

However, this is not just some debuff that has to be reacted too- this is a core part of dks dps, and shamans basically had an auto defense against it. (Blizzard hates that.) So this is kind of the same scenario as with the totem stomping macros.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

Quote Originally Posted by omegatrigun
    Your guild leader is a retard. Shamans are highly represented if you look at any stat sites. They don't need a niche against DK's. It's the same thing as how plague strike and blood plague used to be the only thing keeping druids from decent ratings. Now cleansing totem and abolish disease are what's keeping dk's pretty much dead last in all brackets.
    I thought it was that they are mostly fotm facerollers..oh wait.

Blizzard is the only retard in this case. As usual, instead of assisting the dk's keep their diseases up easier, or making them harder to remove, they choose to nerf a totem which has been fine since vanilla, and which shamans use for more than just battling dk's. Heck, we need it against rogues much more.

Totem-Spamming for non-targeted party dispelling of disease and poison at the same time can't be overpowered, no-no... *cough*

/petattack Cleansing Totem
    /thread
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by lizard
    /petattack Cleansing Totem
    /thread
    They fixed it last patch. The only totem stomping macro that works now would be the mouseover ones.

I don't like how the nerf came about is all. A QQ thread about how Blizz keeps nerfing DKs, morphs into a thread about how GC is unhappy that UHDKs use Obliterate over Scourge Strike. He then digresses to how Cleansing Totem is op ect and then (basically since it negatively impacts DKs) justifies a nerf for it.

I can understand the point that it's an AoE Abolish Disease (and therefore I accept that it is somewhat op), but at the same time Cleansing Totem is an Abolish Disease that everyone can 'dispel'. It's a strange cheap combination between Mass Dispel and a pulsing totem, but you can't straight up compare it to either. You can't compare it to Mass Dispel because it doesn't remove beneficial buffs including 'non-removable' effects (and therefore can't have that high of a mana cost), and you can't straight compare it to other pulsing totems because it has the instant dispel component (making it stronger than a pure pulsing totem but still can't raise the mana cost because it does only have 5 hp).

In the end we'll have to see how it works out. I guess Shamans will have drop the totem and then wait a GCD to start mashing cure toxins. Maybe a resto talent that adds a sacred cleansing effect to Cleansing Totem or Cleanse Spirit would be nice.

15+ Year Old Account

if your a Dk and you lose to a Shaman you suck, it doesn't get any more complicated than that.

By the way big surprise blizzards punching bag gets another kick in the balls.

Let's just hope Blizzard is better at balancing their check books then they are at balancing classes.

Ill admit, cleansing totem was pretty stupid vs. DKs, espicially since it was not only an AoE cure disease (completely kills pestilence) but because its in the physical school so even while silenced you could spam cleansing totem and the DK would do like half damage to you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Well, Dk's have talent, which reduces chance that their disease would be cured by 30%, so instead of nerfing shammies again they just could buff it to 40% or smth.

I say to becouse Cleansing totem nerf = we're rlly fucked vs rogs :<

No guts, no glory.

Quote Originally Posted by Stronghoof
    Well, Dk's have talent, which reduces chance that their disease would be cured by 30%, so instead of nerfing shammies again they just could buff it to 40% or smth.

I say to becouse Cleansing totem nerf = we're rlly fucked vs rogs :<

The issue with Cleansing was that you could spam drop it, it would dispel multiple targets, and it didnt even need LoS. You've still got normal cleanse, don't be lazy and make sure to use all your gcds if you really think you'll have trouble against rogues

all classes that have dispel protection have 30%, they're not gonna just buff dks to 40

The proposed nerf isn't enough. Good luck with your mouseover macros when the totems are under a bridge or behind a pillar btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensword
    Does anyone have any idea how this is broken down by spec, I would imagine that Resto Shaman would be highly represented however I am not so sure about Enhancement or Elemental. I can see any spec other than Resto taking a nosedive in representation after 3.2.2 with the nerf to Cleansing Totem and Earthen Power
    Almost all of them are resto in the higher brackets.

By Class Breakdown and spec for 2200+

2v2-9th place for shaman // 51% is resto, 49% elemental
    3v3-4th place for shaman // 33% is resto, 54% elemental, 13% is enhancement
    5v5-2nd place for shaman // 16% is resto, 77% elemental, 7% is enhancement

2v2-7th place for DK
    3v3-7th place for DK
    5v5-10th place for DK

So yeah, Elemental and resto shaman are highly represented on the higher brackets. Thought it has always been that way. The earthen power nerf thought, I don't understand since enhancement has, well crap rep.

I think you guys are forgetting that they balance around group pvp and not 1v1. Cleansing totem is an aoe dispel for your whole group with little cost, which is why it was nerfed.

This thread is full of LOL. To the Shamans crying about this fix, thank you for reaffirming my hatred towards humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by acidragoon
    I think you guys are forgetting that they balance around group pvp and not 1v1. Cleansing totem is an aoe dispel for your whole group with little cost, which is why it was nerfed.
    It's been that way since Classic WoW.

Its first tic has always been on the drop since TBC.

You are not the only class Shamans can Cleanse. We been cleansing Other classes Rogues and Posions for so very long now. Posions for a rogue is like diseases for a DK. What I mean by that is that posions are a very big part of the rogue class for Arenas just like how diseases are a big part of the DK class for arenas.

Why are they changing it right now when DKs started to complain about thier diseases being cleansed so easily? Why not increase Virulence to 15/30/45 or 20/40/60% resistance for your diseases to be cleansed? How does Nerfing cleansing totem help death knights when most of there time, thier diseases are on a single target and will still be cleansed just as easily(thought, it will take about .3-1seconds longer depending on thier haste)?

The problem is DK count too much in there dot too buff there damage, but I do not feel its too powerfully for the shamans totem being able clear all of them in one go because after all shamans caint remove magic debuffs
    If life were easy, Where would the fun be in it

How about:

Keep Cleansing Totem as it is. Make it drain 10% of their max (not BASE!) mana each time it pulses ;P

That way the bastards wont just leave it out!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.