Thread: Motivation?

Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Motivation?

    What do you think Motivates a guild to be worlds first?


    I dont see the point myself unless theres money involved.

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire darkfireyguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    456

    Re: Motivation?

    Bragging rights I would guess

    Also I bet it helps out their guild recruitment a great deal
    Proud Healer Since 2007
    "Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid."

  3. #3

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by darkfireyguy
    Bragging rights I would guess

    Also I bet it helps out their guild recruitment a great deal
    yeah i guess but why would you do to improve your Guild recruitment to the dregree where its going to effect your life outside of wow.

  4. #4

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pewzor
    What do you think Motivates a guild to be worlds first?
    Provement of a biggest e-peen evar?
    FEAR the slayer of the gods, catcher of the souls, the doomsinger of everlasting sunset, the immortal happy-burn-till-not-even-ashes-remains prophet! The Sunflower!

  5. #5

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dostus
    Provement of a biggest e-peen evar?

    yeah and this i dunno what e-peen is suppose to prove either i mean like why just why?

  6. #6

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pewzor

    yeah and this i dunno what e-peen is spouse to prove either i mean like why just why?
    It's a man's duty to prove that he has something bigger than your's Ultimate- just biggest.
    FEAR the slayer of the gods, catcher of the souls, the doomsinger of everlasting sunset, the immortal happy-burn-till-not-even-ashes-remains prophet! The Sunflower!

  7. #7

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dostus
    It's a man's duty to prove that he has something bigger than your's Ultimate- just biggest.
    yeah thats true. so you think there compensating for somthing :P

  8. #8

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pewzor

    yeah and this i dunno what e-peen is spouse to prove either i mean like why just why?
    spouse - either member of a married pair in relation to the other; one's husband or wife.

    suppose - to assume (something), as for the sake of argument or as part of a proposition or theory

  9. #9

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by nowimnothing30
    spouse - either member of a married pair in relation to the other; one's husband or wife.

    suppose - to assume (something), as for the sake of argument or as part of a proposition or theory
    Thank you.

  10. #10

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pewzor
    What do you think Motivates a guild to be worlds first?


    I dont see the point myself unless theres money involved.
    What motivates a pro athlete to try and win a championship? They stop getting paid after then end of the regular season and could go home to spend their 25 million, they do it to be the best.

    Some people want to be winners at anything they do. Hell, in some places they have competitions on who has the best looking lawn in the neighborhood.

  11. #11

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by stonedviper
    What motivates a pro athlete to try and win a championship? They stop getting paid after then end of the regular season and could go home to spend their 25 million, they do it to be the best.

    Some people want to be winners at anything they do. Hell, in some places they have competitions on who has the best looking lawn in the neighborhood.

    the thing is that being a pro Athlete well stay with you forever and being pro at world of warcraft wont thats all.

  12. #12

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pewzor

    the thing is that being a pro Athlete well stay with you forever and being pro at world of warcraft wont thats all.
    I'm guesstimating here but i'd say a good 80+% of pro athletes end up as nobodies when they stop playing, you have the micheal jordan's that everyone would recognise on the street and then you have the other 80% of the teams he was on that nobody remembers.

  13. #13

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by stonedviper
    I'm guesstimating here but i'd say a good 80+% of pro athletes end up as nobodies when they stop playing, you have the micheal jordan's that everyone would recognise on the street and then you have the other 80% of the teams he was on that nobody remembers.
    lol yeah right. After reading this i was like, who's Micheal jorden.

    i guess in the end everybody is a nobody to someone right?

  14. #14

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pewzor
    lol yeah right. After reading this i was like, who's Micheal jorden.

    i guess in the end everybody is a nobody to someone right?
    Exactly, so why not do everything you do in life to at least try be a somebody even if it's only for a year, a day, 15 minutes?

  15. #15

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by stonedviper
    Exactly, so why not do everything you do in life to at least try be a somebody even if it's only for a year, a day, 15 minutes?
    Yep true, thank you.

  16. #16
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    17,698

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pewzor
    What do you think Motivates a guild to be worlds first?


    I dont see the point myself unless theres money involved.
    In my book it is crap and you are a sad fellow if you believe it. If I paid you 5000 Euros a months you still wouldn't magically develop the skill to be world first and if I paid you 500 000 Euros you would have the skill to buy you 25 players maybe and get the money because you are their manager.

    People do things because they want to - and MAYBE they come to a point where they are so good that somebody wants to sponsor them. Especially in Europe, the sums paid to professional gamers are low...in Korea you can actually be a star. They have their own game channels and tournaments all round the year.

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  17. #17

    Re: Motivation?

    to be proud on pve progress reminds me on people who write first in the comments section of any article. first of all how many guildy do actually train on ptr before the content gets live? its only a very small amount of guilds who take this "competition" serious the rest isnt in the competition they dont even try because they have better things to do. pve is not hard and never was, people who think they are "good gamers" because they are far in progress have never been really good in a pc game and thats why they dont have a clue waht real gaming skill means. pushing 5 buttons in the right order while avoiding fire walls has not much to do with being an athelete who plays at the limit of that what a human is capable of. pve you can learn in a few days or even less. pvp is a different story.

  18. #18
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5,274

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pewzor
    What do you think Motivates a guild to be worlds first?
    What motivates you to even login at this stage of the game?

    World First is a fine example of a reason to actually play the game.

  19. #19

    Re: Motivation?

    For fun? Don't you do things for fun without any other things that motivate you?


  20. #20

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian
    For fun? Don't you do things for fun without any other things that motivate you?

    To some, the fun lies in being best at something.
    Bragging rights is a legit reason to get world first.

    With that said, world first at singing with a hat on might not be worth mentioning.
    "He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool." — Brigham Young

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •