Thread: Motivation?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21

    Re: Motivation?

    Because being world first or server first is the only challenge left in the game?
    Do not trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
    God's in his heaven. All's right with the world.

  2. #22

    Re: Motivation?

    To feed their massive egos, and to get the "woow" feel

    Why do people farm the baron rivendare mount when they could just get the undead mount?

    The wooow feel

  3. #23
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,592

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pewzor
    What do you think Motivates a guild to be worlds first?


    I dont see the point myself unless theres money involved.
    Internet fame, and for the top-end world guilds, there actually is some money involved. They usually have sponsors that pay them for downing content, so that they can take time from what they do when not being world firsts to be world firsts. These guys hafta eat and stuff, too.

    Other than that, I have no idea.

  4. #24
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,241

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by darkfireyguy
    Bragging rights I would guess
    Pride.

    Could be pride in the "bad" way: "Hah! I'm better than you, 'cuz I got a world first!"

    Could be pride in the "good" way: "I'm proud that I was able to set myself a goal and accomplish itself; makes me feel good about myself."

    Either way... "bragging rights" is a good answer.

  5. #25
    Scarab Lord Nest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Finlanders
    Posts
    4,793

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthunter
    To feed their massive egos, and to get the "woow" feel

    Why do people farm the baron rivendare mount when they could just get the undead mount?

    The wooow feel
    This.
    They want to be unique in game, cause they can't be unique IRL.
    Heyoo!

  6. #26
    Herald of the Titans kailtas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,959

    Re: Motivation?

    Because its extremely hard and time consuming, some ppl are motivated by ppl saying they wont make it
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

    - Prince Malchezaar

  7. #27

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nest
    This.
    They want to be unique in game, cause they can't be unique IRL.
    Why the hate?

  8. #28

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    Because its extremely hard and time consuming, some ppl are motivated by ppl saying they wont make it
    This user has been banned.

  9. #29

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pewzor
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pewzor
    yeah thats true. so you think there compensating for somthing :P
    there - referring to a place, location whether concrete or abstract

    they're - a contraction of the words they and are

    hope this helps

  10. #30

    Re: Motivation?

    What motivated you to make this thread?

    Attention.

  11. #31

    Re: Motivation?

    you cant tell me if you didnt have the skill/resources to get a world first in a raid or a world first in general (80, professions etc wtc) you wouldnt do it, lets see when you succeed people on your sever will pretty much know you own the content thats gota be a nice stroke to the gamers ego and who doesnt like that (who ever says they dont is full of gnomish lies!)
    i quoted chex!

    /brofist

  12. #32

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sansai
    First of all, I think it's rediculous that u you compare world class athletes to ppl that sit on their ass 24/7 pushing a few buttons in the right order like someone allrdy said.
    What makes a cricketer want to be the best? What makes a tennis player strive for glory? Same thing as these guys. It's no different, and you can't say it is just because it's a computer game. These "WoWHardcore"(not derogatory, just true :P) people have the same feelings and desires as those they play to be the best in any sport.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohyeahv1
    you cant tell me if you didnt have the skill/resources to get a world first in a raid or a world first in general (80, professions etc wtc) you wouldnt do it, lets see when you succeed people on your sever will pretty much know you own the content thats gota be a nice stroke to the gamers ego and who doesnt like that (who ever says they dont is full of gnomish lies!)
    /agree /agree /agree

    Hell yeah if I could I'd be up there doing it with the rest of them! Unfortunately being a student trying to make a living and study... meh, some of you know how that is :P
    "Certainly no one who is not a desirable parent should be permitted to produce progeny." - Tesla knew WoW was coming.
    (these two are in order of posting)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chockolate View Post
    Derp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chockolate View Post
    I was actually expecting more people to agree with me. It seems like these forums are a place where young adults can show their debating skills.


  13. #33

    Re: Motivation?

    i strive for it (and never accomplish yet) because i know IF i even get close to it i did my very best. if i do my very best and shit gets done then i'm content and had fun.
    imagine downing the boss as a chocolate cake. its awesome and is delicious. getting a world first is like getting a cold glass of milk with it

  14. #34

    Re: Motivation?

    Where is this topic about? Could you please be more detailed? Putting a link in the OP would be nice. :P
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&cn=Jeffx

  15. #35

    Re: Motivation?

    Some people like being the best. ;D

    Also if you are dps do you try and top the meter, or just chill there and spam random buttons hoping the guy you are fighting dies?

  16. #36

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    Internet fame, and for the top-end world guilds, there actually is some money involved. They usually have sponsors that pay them for downing content, so that they can take time from what they do when not being world firsts to be world firsts. These guys hafta eat and stuff, too.

    Other than that, I have no idea.
    People like you, saying shit like "top end guilds get paid for downing content" as if it were fact, are retarded and don't understand what sponsorship means. Notice how all of Ensidia's UI's are in a widescreen format? all big resolutions? that's because what sponsors DO give are things like that; monitors, mouses, keyboards, computers, etc. Ensidia(or any top guild) raid members don't get a check mailed to their house because they got A Tribute To Insanity. Stupid, just stupid.


  17. #37

    Re: Motivation?

    WoW is one of most progresive game for last few years.
    Btw can someone say me what had been motivation for football( only one game desire this name ) to make teams, to play and broke there legs in 1890 -1930 year. Most of them, dont get paid for this. Love in game.
    I love this game.

  18. #38

    Re: Motivation?

    I kinda feel bad for the other members in the top guilds next to the officers etc..

    I mean Kungen is popular yes, who can name me the other 25 people in the raid whithout googling it. Anyway weird question on this topic...who doesn't like to be known?

  19. #39
    Scarab Lord Nest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Finlanders
    Posts
    4,793

    Re: Motivation?

    Everyone who compares WoW with sports makes me want to rage.
    Heyoo!

  20. #40

    Re: Motivation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac
    I kinda feel bad for the other members in the top guilds next to the officers etc..

    I mean Kungen is popular yes, who can name me the other 25 people in the raid whithout googling it. Anyway weird question on this topic...who doesn't like to be known?
    I can still remember about perhaps 10 other raidmembers if I focus :P (but not because im fan of Ensidia, I just watched the Illidankillmovie so often, because I liked the music :P)
    Muqq, Buzzkill, Inthya only to name a few.
    nachtticket.blogspot.com
    music blog, mainly (black) metal
    last.fm/user/veash

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •