Thread: Motivation?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Motivation?

To feed their massive egos, and to get the "woow" feel

Why do people farm the baron rivendare mount when they could just get the undead mount?

The wooow feel

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pewzor
    What do you think Motivates a guild to be worlds first?

I dont see the point myself unless theres money involved.
    Internet fame, and for the top-end world guilds, there actually is some money involved. They usually have sponsors that pay them for downing content, so that they can take time from what they do when not being world firsts to be world firsts. These guys hafta eat and stuff, too.

Other than that, I have no idea.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by darkfireyguy
    Bragging rights I would guess
    Pride.

Could be pride in the "bad" way: "Hah! I'm better than you, 'cuz I got a world first!"

Could be pride in the "good" way: "I'm proud that I was able to set myself a goal and accomplish itself; makes me feel good about myself."

Either way... "bragging rights" is a good answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthunter
    To feed their massive egos, and to get the "woow" feel

Why do people farm the baron rivendare mount when they could just get the undead mount?

The wooow feel
    This.
    They want to be unique in game, cause they can't be unique IRL.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account

Because its extremely hard and time consuming, some ppl are motivated by ppl saying they wont make it
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by Nest
    This.
    They want to be unique in game, cause they can't be unique IRL.
    Why the hate?

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    Because its extremely hard and time consuming, some ppl are motivated by ppl saying they wont make it
    This user has been banned.

Thank you.
    yeah thats true. so you think there compensating for somthing :P
    there - referring to a place, location whether concrete or abstract

they're - a contraction of the words they and are

hope this helps

What motivated you to make this thread?

Attention.

you cant tell me if you didnt have the skill/resources to get a world first in a raid or a world first in general (80, professions etc wtc) you wouldnt do it, lets see when you succeed people on your sever will pretty much know you own the content thats gota be a nice stroke to the gamers ego and who doesnt like that (who ever says they dont is full of gnomish lies!)
    i quoted chex!

/brofist

Quote Originally Posted by Sansai
    First of all, I think it's rediculous that u you compare world class athletes to ppl that sit on their ass 24/7 pushing a few buttons in the right order like someone allrdy said.
    What makes a cricketer want to be the best? What makes a tennis player strive for glory? Same thing as these guys. It's no different, and you can't say it is just because it's a computer game. These "WoWHardcore"(not derogatory, just true :P) people have the same feelings and desires as those they play to be the best in any sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohyeahv1
    you cant tell me if you didnt have the skill/resources to get a world first in a raid or a world first in general (80, professions etc wtc) you wouldnt do it, lets see when you succeed people on your sever will pretty much know you own the content thats gota be a nice stroke to the gamers ego and who doesnt like that (who ever says they dont is full of gnomish lies!)
    /agree /agree /agree

Hell yeah if I could I'd be up there doing it with the rest of them! Unfortunately being a student trying to make a living and study... meh, some of you know how that is :P

i strive for it (and never accomplish yet) because i know IF i even get close to it i did my very best. if i do my very best and shit gets done then i'm content and had fun.
    imagine downing the boss as a chocolate cake. its awesome and is delicious. getting a world first is like getting a cold glass of milk with it

Where is this topic about? Could you please be more detailed? Putting a link in the OP would be nice. :P
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormscale&cn=Jeffx

Some people like being the best. ;D

Also if you are dps do you try and top the meter, or just chill there and spam random buttons hoping the guy you are fighting dies?

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    Internet fame, and for the top-end world guilds, there actually is some money involved. They usually have sponsors that pay them for downing content, so that they can take time from what they do when not being world firsts to be world firsts. These guys hafta eat and stuff, too.

Other than that, I have no idea.
    People like you, saying shit like "top end guilds get paid for downing content" as if it were fact, are retarded and don't understand what sponsorship means. Notice how all of Ensidia's UI's are in a widescreen format? all big resolutions? that's because what sponsors DO give are things like that; monitors, mouses, keyboards, computers, etc. Ensidia(or any top guild) raid members don't get a check mailed to their house because they got A Tribute To Insanity. Stupid, just stupid.

WoW is one of most progresive game for last few years.
    Btw can someone say me what had been motivation for football( only one game desire this name ) to make teams, to play and broke there legs in 1890 -1930 year. Most of them, dont get paid for this. Love in game.
    I love this game.

Deleted

I kinda feel bad for the other members in the top guilds next to the officers etc..

I mean Kungen is popular yes, who can name me the other 25 people in the raid whithout googling it. Anyway weird question on this topic...who doesn't like to be known?

Everyone who compares WoW with sports makes me want to rage.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac
    I kinda feel bad for the other members in the top guilds next to the officers etc..

I mean Kungen is popular yes, who can name me the other 25 people in the raid whithout googling it. Anyway weird question on this topic...who doesn't like to be known?
    I can still remember about perhaps 10 other raidmembers if I focus :P (but not because im fan of Ensidia, I just watched the Illidankillmovie so often, because I liked the music :P)
    Muqq, Buzzkill, Inthya only to name a few.
    nachtticket.blogspot.com
    music blog, mainly (black) metal
    last.fm/user/veash

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac

I can only bring to mind a handful, mostly DKs due to the fact I lurk on their forums for advice, but it's the guild name that everyone remembers, and anyone in Ensidia already has that.

As far as why people aspire to world firsts, it's about the only achievement left in this game that is worth anything. At least in Wrath, the content has become so damn easy that it isn't about who's killed what, it's about who took the shortest time to kill it. With the current level of difficulty in ICC world/server firsts aren't important because anyone can accomplish it with mostly 0 wipes, but when Heroic mode is released, we'll start to see something a bit more meaningful.
    This user has been banned.