Milling Bug and Inscription Woes?

As the title says...
    Inscription 446/450
    Herbalism 450/450

1. I was trying to mill some Goldclovers. The milling bar comes out and after it has finished, no pigments! The flowers are still there though. Tried to reload UI but each time this happens, I have to relog. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

2. Reason I levelled Inscription because I wanted to make the Darkmoon cards without having to buy any mats. But right now, I'm stuck with a hell lotta Ink of the Sea and very minimal Snowfall Ink. 6 per random card made....

Question is.. are there any specific herbs that has a much, much HIGHER chance of obtaining Icy Pigment?

Question 2: What the hell do I do with all the Ink of the Sea? 17½ stacks to be exact. I try to sell them off by making Glyphs but thats not going very well. Suggestions?

Re: Milling Bug and Inscription Woes?

1) - sounds like a UI bug or something. Tried it with addons disabled? Updated all addons recently?
    2) Welcome to the real world matey... :P For a start (at least on my server) unless you make a card for greatness deck, you're looking at a huge loss (150g for mats, cards sell for <10g).

There is a tier of northrend herbs with slighly higher icy pigment % chance (25% i think) - i have some addon that gives me the % chance but i don't know off the top of my head

At least on my server, the entire glyph market is ruined by two people who just cba to do 'proper' undercutting. e.g. 3 glpyhs at 25g from 3 diff people, then 20 all at 2g from one person. That's for all glpyhs, including those from book of mastery

Only option is to spend a lot of time each day finding what happens to be in demand (or planning ahead pre-patches) - you can swap ink of the sea with any of the older ones in Dalaran - can make quite a bit off older minor glyphs.

But at the end of the day, at least on my server, you cannot make ANY profit from ANY proffession anymore - there are too many people and every item is flooded.

good luck ;P

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

You can swap 10 ink of the sea for 1 snowfall ink in dalaran at the inscription store ^_^. That should be enough help. About your bug , it's probably addon related, i've never seen it myself.

Adder's tongue,icethorn,lichbloom have higher chance of a pigment.You can swap inks of the sea for snowfall ink.Must be a UI bug and dont bother selling glyphs rarely u sell anything cause your always undercut
    Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill
    That's like Darth Vader arguing to Luke that "The Death Star really isn't that great, sure it blows up planets on a 75 second cooldown, but the weakness is that while blowing up a planet it isn't blowing up any other planets, unless they are in the same solar system, and if they are LoL L2Play stuipd planets....being in the same solar system! hah!"

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.

I had the same problem but with Enchanting, I tried Disenchanting a piece of gear and nothing happened. Not sure how it fixed itself so I'm no help to you.

But I had a friend who had herbalism, he farmed herbs for two-three days, made me mill and make ink FOREVER, but in the end he made 2 Greatness decks and a ton of other decks with extra cards and I got a massive tip ;D. If you have time and are willing to gamble making cards its not as bad as people say it is. Two-three days worth of herbs = a lot of Ink of the Sea which = a lot of Snowfall Ink, and the Eternals you get from herbalism alone, only money you really spend is the parchment :P

Deleted

about the milling, i had the same problem with prospecting. i exited the game, restarted and it worked again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnadriel
    You can swap 10 ink of the sea for 1 snowfall ink in dalaran at the inscription store ^_^.
    Quote Originally Posted by bo7like
    You can swap inks of the sea for snowfall ink.

OMG you guys just made my day. I've never been to the Inscription store in Dalaran because I power levelled my Inscription to make the cards and I was only Level 65 back then.

Awesome, going to go get rid of 10 stacks right now.

Thanks all!

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account

it's a bug, i had the same problem with some prospect and milling, just move the stacks in your bag and mix them

Yep used to have the same bug with prospecting sometimes. A 5 stack of ore just didnt wanna be prospected... same as your herbs. restack with others and it usually works.

As for darkmoon cards and making money of glyphs... on my server it got rather ridiculous as some people sell glyphs for 44s to 1g. Oh well. Theres other markets to explore I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Destard
    it's a bug, i had the same problem with some prospect and milling, just move the stacks in your bag and mix them
    Have the same thing with prospect and milling but it only happens when I have auto loot turned on.

Deleted

Goldclover, deadnettle, fireleaf, tiger lily and talandra's rose have a 250% chance to get white pigment and 25% to get green per milling so on average 10 inks of the sea and 1 snowfall ink per stack.

Icethorn, adder's tongue, lichbloom have 300% and 50% respectively so 12 white and 2 green inks per stack.

hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhunter

OMG you guys just made my day. I've never been to the Inscription store in Dalaran because I power levelled my Inscription to make the cards and I was only Level 65 back then.

Awesome, going to go get rid of 10 stacks right now.

Thanks all!
    In my experience trading IotS made it unprofitable making the cards on my realm. A back of the envelope calculation showed me I could just buy a DMG for less than it would cost me to make it. The only way that I make a profit from inscription is by creating glyphs from the regular ink.

Your mileage may vary ofc.

10+ Year Old Account

I always get that bug thingy when i try to mill tiger lily, its only with that herb.
    and relogging helps by me :P

"Don’t focus on the one guy who hates you. You don’t go to the park and set your picnic down next to the only pile of dog shit."

Quote Originally Posted by Destard
    I know this is unrelated to the topic, but how do you get a signature like that that links to WoW's armory? The graphis are pretty schweet.