Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: 3.2 patch - is that making your guildies leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Demonnk
    We are not some super-hardcore raiding guild but we managed quite well in Ul25 downing Yogg quite early and having few HMs done.

ToC is quite a disappointment for me and my guildies. We clean Toc 25 normal in about 1.5 h on Wednesday, Toc hard is beyond us at the moment sadly for the lack of dps – the step up in difficulty is just too big for the Beast and still, the instance itself is a joke in fact, 5 boring bosses and no lore, no environment change – the same barren landscape of Colliseum

Ulduar is like heaven compared to Toc because of its diversity.

Several of very active players (like 10-15% of guild roster) left because there is just nothing to do these days, they logged in around 18.00 and left 20.00 bored like hell…

I am wondering whether you have the same experience in your guilds and whether you see that attrition is increasing.

I don’t flame or blame anyone, I just see that Blizzard decided on a marketing strategy which is just not appealing to me.
    What server do you play on?
    Were you in Memories? xD

10+ Year Old Account

Oddly enough, 3.2 is bringing my guild back together. Several of our best guys are coming back for this content and also the return of Onyxia.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

I play Aerie Peak, Xenofusion

The funny thing is my guldies managed to kill Anub 10 man hero last night + with Uldu we had 2 x10 with Glory of the Raider - so we have some skilled players there - and we just cannot manage the Beasts.

Still, I do not complain about difficulty, cause one-shotting hero bosses would be much worse, I am just unhappy with the overall 3.2 and so little things to do..

Just 5 heroic bosses (not worth mentioning 25 normal) to keep us occupied for the next 6-7 months before Icecrown? I hardly see that...

Onyxia will be fun event more than proper raiding. I really do hope that they will quickly introduce some another raiding instance like Zul'Aman back in TBC - quick but fun.

Uldu HM are fun but not rewarding - since we grind Uldu for so long now that I can run in this instance blindfolded (run, not fight).

We will try to do Algalon now 10 and 25 cause its the only worthy challenge now.

In addition - apart from raiding they did not add enough content to keep players occupied. For some weeks I run heroics like crazy to gear up my DK tank/dps and having achieved that, I am still bored again

Deleted

Me and alot of my friends, actually i think most of them, quitted right after the release of 3.2.. The game was way too broken for us.

We are not some super-hardcore raiding guild but we managed quite well in Ul25 downing Yogg quite early and having few HMs done.

ToC is quite a disappointment for me and my guildies. We clean Toc 25 normal in about 1.5 h on Wednesday, Toc hard is beyond us at the moment sadly for the lack of dps – the step up in difficulty is just too big for the Beast and still, the instance itself is a joke in fact, 5 boring bosses and no lore, no environment change – the same barren landscape of Colliseum

Several of very active players (like 10-15% of guild roster) left because there is just nothing to do these days, they logged in around 18.00 and left 20.00 bored like hell…

I am wondering whether you have the same experience in your guilds and whether you see that attrition is increasing.

I don’t flame or blame anyone, I just see that Blizzard decided on a marketing strategy which is just not appealing to me.
    So let me get this straight....... you cleared joke ToC normal you walk into HM coliseum, figure out your dps sucks cock and then you say its not appealing although you havent even down the first damn boss in hardmode coliseum??? I thought thats what people wanted! Hard content please do us a favor and gtfo. Several of your guildies left because u had nothing to do?? How about attempting beasts Hardmode???

Just 5 heroic bosses (not worth mentioning 25 normal) to keep us occupied for the next 6-7 months before Icecrown? I hardly see that...
    I know that this is a highly talked about topic, but we certainly won't be waiting 6-7 months for Icecrown, it's most likely going to be half that. Which is probably why there's a little bit of a flat line in content since there's two big releases in the near future in ICC and Cata, so they'd be saving up a lot of big things for then. I also assume it's where a lot of their time is dedicated at the moment.

I used to raid, but it's just not my thing. I'm playing 6 hours a day levelling alts, professions, making gold etc. Saying 'This raid is too hard, Blizz sucks, I quit' seems a little stupid in my opinion.

Gundrak, Oceanic PvP

We are having some of the same issues to face roll lol-mode and the first HM boss is well hard. First problems is the DC boss that seems to get 2 or so people every pull so the first week with that we were just that short on DPS to make it to phase 2. This week we replace the people with DC issues and make it to phase 2 and now just have to spread out more and not lose DPS in that phase. we made it to phase 3 this week but with like half a raid and 1 tank but we are making progress. out 10 man groups have gotten past this point so i find doing the 10 mai's first makes the 25 manes easier just need more people exposed to it and more 245 loot. But i think out guild is going to have problems fill raid nights if all we do is lol-mode 25 and then HM i don't know how much more Uld 25 we are going to do or just work on HM in there too. I do have a feeling we are going to be losing raiders left and right till 3.3 and if that is anything like ToC once Wrath is "done" people won't stick around long.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever
    So let me get this straight....... you cleared joke ToC normal you walk into HM coliseum, figure out your dps sucks cock and then you say its not appealing although you havent even down the first damn boss in hardmode coliseum??? I thought thats what people wanted! Hard content please do us a favor and gtfo. Several of your guildies left because u had nothing to do?? How about attempting beasts Hardmode???
    /sigh... some people just cant read with understanding

I never said that I blame blizzard for making Toc hero too hard.. The problem is rather that Toc normal is too easy (and no challenge, no sense of reward whatsoever) + Toc normal and hero is just the same in principal - simply THUS BORING

I can imagine that once we down Toc hero finally, that we will not enjoy it as much as downing Yogg the first time or doing Vexax hard mode before nerfs..

I dont know why Blizz decide on such course but I say that they made a mistake because people are getting bored and might leave the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Delever
    That's just it though, isn't it. ToC normal is a complete joke. ToC-10 hard mode is also fairly easy, requires a bit of class balancing here and there but every boss is straight forward enough in lvl226 gear. And no, that's not out-gearing the instance. All of these can be EASILY cleared in 1 night, ToC25 first, then split the raid into 2 groups for the 10-mans.

ToC25 hard mode meanwhile... the beasts is SWP difficulty quite easily, around Kaelcgos / Brutallus level. The amount of healing, DPS, tanking gear requirement, it's all Brut-style. There was nothing in TBC which was as hard before then, that includes KT, Vashj, and Archi. (post fix, pre-nerf ofc) And Patchwerk in Naxx40 was no-where near as harsh.
    There lies the problem; guilds who can clear the 10-man version with 45+ attempts remaining, can't kill the 25-man because Icehowl keeps enraging at 10% - 20%. With a DPS-heavy raid.

There's nothing wrong with the rest of the fight; phases 1 and 2 are just as survivable as the 10-man. It's that huge increase in DPS requirement which is the problem. This clearly isn't our DPS being bad, they easily can do enough for almost every hard mode in Ulduar (except YS +1), but we still can't quite beat the enrage.

Now, this isn't to say I want this boss nerfed. It's fine as it is, however, we clearly need to farm the other modes first in order to get our DPS high enough, the alternative is to recruit the "best" classes for this one encounter and stack the raid.

Result? Everyone's bored. We're down to a 2 day raid line-up, and only 1 of these days will give a substantial amount of upgrades (ToC 10, 10hc, ToC 25). The other day we can go and see if we have the DPS to kill Icehowl today. If not, it's back to farming content we've been doing for months, on the off-chance we get some useful drops from FL, or XT002 hard mode for once, and perhaps some attempts on firefighter, or enough fragments for another hammer, but we'll be sharding 90% of the loot anyway.

And it's at this point that alt runs start. People are THAT bored.

Yes, my guild fell appart because of it
    every active person disappeared and canceled their subscription eventually...we just weren't impressed by the game no more...and we've been around since pre-TBC actively raiding AND very successful at it.
    http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k131/meggot/lol4thzh7.jpg

We've only poked totc25 hc once and that turned out grim due to 3-4 members of the raid (including a tank) dcing during gormak and not being able to log back in till we wiped, even so the stepup is huge, these fights are the equivilent of the harder HMs in ulduar.

I think as a guild we'll clear totc normal then just hit ulduar and try and progress on getting ironbound drakes, totc seems really just lame...sitting in a ring with a few makebelief spectators is just not epic at all.

This is the problem with designing the same encounter on 4 different levels (10/25 normal/hm)...why can't blizzard get off their arses and create a real instance (or 2) with 9/10 + bosses like ssc/tk combined or mh/bt, not 5 bosses tuned in 4 different ways

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Latonus
    Yes, my guild fell appart because of it
    every active person disappeared and canceled their subscription eventually...we just weren't impressed by the game no more...and we've been around since pre-TBC actively raiding AND very successful at it.
    Something like that for us as well. All of us were playing from the start or 1.5, 1.6 at the latest, and people just started droping out sometimes in the middle of TBC. Actually i was among the most stuborn ones. But the first started droping out with the introduction of T5+ equivalent badge gear. That's when the wow concept started to fall apart for me. I can still remeber inspecting people in T1 as i leveled, only a few people on the server have had sth like 5-6 pieces, and now i have an three alts with full T7.5 (since i stoped playing, probably would have had all of them in next tier as well if i had continued).
    I'm just sad that the old WoW is gone, but at the same time happy to know i was a part of something much more special than what we have today.

A few members have decided to take a break from raiding and/or the whole game until patch 3.3 comes out. They think the new raid instance is too bring. I sort of agree with them and I am considering taking a break too.

So Normal is too easy and Heroic is too hard. There really is no pleasing everyone.

To me it's somewhere between normal mode being done asleep and heroic being doing the same instance again on the same reset for little to no purpose. I haven't even bothered with clearing it.
    When you consider going to heroic after you just did normal mode with a PUG a thought that comes through my mind is that the next instance can be done with your hands tied to your feet and your keyboard glued to the balls and get a free upgrade so I can wait for something that actually baits interest with no need to bother doing the same instance again.
    While doing it the second time is doing it with an actual challenge, it's still doing it a second time. I don't feel like the gear upgrade means anything I honestly just cba.

I like leveling chars, but honestly I just play them a week or two at 80, because by the time I have replaced leveling gear by doing heroics I outgear ulduar.(this is not even overestimation) And since I cba with raiding, I go for the next alt.

I think a lot of my boredom with raiding can be summed up by giving a short description of the raids since wotlk came out.

sarth: did it the day I dinged 80 with 16 people. If you feel like crying from lack of challenge, this would do the trick.
    naxx: Takes just about a full day with a poor pug zZzZz. the challenge in this instance is to stay awake and persuade 24persons into staying till the end. (This is harder than it may appear)
    malygos: Good in terms of difficulty. if the other 2 raids was like this in terms of difficulty vs. reward vs. interesting encounter mechanics then I probably wouldn't have taken a break from the game untill ulduar came out.

Ulduar: fun the first time you do it. it felt rewarding at the time. hardmode works out fine. like it the way it's done. only complaint is that it is too long. I usually did it in 1 run since I did it with pugs. I get so tired of raiding by the time we get to freya I want to quit. So, I cleared it a few times with my alt and had raid break till ToC came out. (haven't even bothered to clear it 10man with my alt)

ToC: the first time I bothered with this instance I 1shotted the bosses with a pug. I haven't cleared it(all bosses weren't out at the time), I have no interest in attempting to.

So here I am, doing the odd pvp and gear my chars in heroic
    If something doesn't happen by the time I have one of each class decked in epix. then I guess it's the end for me as well.
    3.2 should have been a minor patch like onyxia will be.

also, I'm guildless now. raiding is not something I cba committing to anymore.
    "He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool." — Brigham Young

Yea I am getting quite bored as well, really only log on to raid and even half the time I skip the raids due ot work and sickness etc. It happens, I know that many people left between the pause between BC and its first patch and people leaving now until the next patch/expansion. It just happens.
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance - The 6 P's

H25 ToC is already beginning to feel too easy after 2 weeks we're on anub (first week latency on our server made icehowl near impossible to clear 3 charges) this kinda progression speed is mind-blowing. anyone who put in the time learning felmyst/twins/mu'ru pre-nerf is probably feeling the same.

/shrug i just keep little boxes in grid filled until loot pops up wtb ICC

At least we got something to do between ulduar and Ice Crown. In TBC id welcome a instance like this, seeing how much time you had between being done with BT, to you saw SWP. That break made ppl quit.

Look at all the QQ threads about Faction Champions cockblocks even in normal, look at WoW progress and you see the truth is somewhere in the middle....not even 50% of raiding guilds can clear TotC 25 in normal.

How is that?
    TotC 25 is pugged by random people and cleared in a flash.
    How is that?

It is the 3rd raid tier in WOTLK and easier than Karazhan.
    I am just thankful they have Heroic version (hardmodes) - at least that keeps us busy. Its besst that they created Faction Champs + Anub Arak fight I like - at least these have good ideas and not boring bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by zukai
    at least u can do yogg and toc normal- my guild lost ALL of the raiders, so we havent killed yogg and the group that we've built back up hasnt gotten past jormugars
    sounds like my guild, we got past Mimiron once, looked at general then every transfered off the server, back to the server, then the wonderful retarded faction change came, and now we lost them to horde side. Just got to Mim again last night, dont really have the right people but we are going to try to get past him and maybe someday see Yogg. As for ToC, we get to the faction champs and thats it, none of us are arena players so we are having huge issues with how to deal with them...