15+ Year Old Account

Toc 10 Heroic Lord Jaraxus

After the changes to Lord Jaraxus this week which basicly means more adds, and what seemed to be alot more damage I was just wondering if people have any suggestions on how to deal with the fight - seeing as we had some "issues" with it (not getting alot further than 1 minute or two into the fight before all were killed).

So far we have set all dps to deal with portals /volcanoes (to get max one mistress) and interrupt fireballs as best possible so besides spreading out more (which makes issues in regards to incinerate healing) its hard to tell what else we can do atm - besides the obvious of improving dps / healing, or is it going so far as "bring the class not the player" .
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Re: Toc 10 Heroic Lord Jaraxus

Yes, thanks to Blizzards and their ultimate wisdom on equal dmg among classes, this is one fight where you really wanna go heavy on range and screw the melee.
    Both the Maidens and the Infernals move, and the Infernals does aoe dmg, here range dmg is far superior to melee. That is not to say it can't be done with heavy melee group, just gonna demand a lot better group in regard to heals and dps.

10+ Year Old Account

you are purging/spellstealing his damage buff??

if not gives the healers a little more time to breath, and if you got a mage spellstealing there will be a serious dps increase by him/her

indeed, the difficulty of the fight did jump from the increase in add spawn rate.
    if a second mistress spawned we were just playing catch up by then. We had all non healers dps the portal, the MT would pull jaraxus over it and the melee and himself would assist as well. We also run 2 healer for jaraxus so that might also help with buring the portal quickly.

We went in melee heavy for this fight as well. Though typically the OT (paladin), I tanked the boss in this situation with our druid tank going for the portals. I would pull the boss next to the portal and volcano to allow for a faster melee switch while still letting their cleave hit the boss. Our druid would go into cat form to help bring down the portal/volcano a bit quicker. The only dps that would stay on the boss for us was our shaman who was interrupting and purging. The key to this is a pretty much instant switch and after we got that down, it was easy.

15+ Year Old Account

ok, thx - might consider keeping down on the melee (more than atm ) and try with 2 healers for that one fight as well. Did read another topic that mentioned it could be easier since the faster the portals go down the less damage raid should get.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Our tactic:
    1. Only use one tank. Its a bit harder to tank that way, but its quite doable and the additional dps helps alot.
    2. Divide your ranged/healers into groups of 2 and spread those groups evenly around the boss in the middle with enough range to the melee/tank/each other to avoid lighning chains >2. Keep in mind the "burning feet" debuff though so no standing on top of each other.
    3. When a portal/vulcano spawns every dps goes for it. After the portal/vulcano goes down our melee go back on the boss and ranged kill the add.

We do it every week and found no problem here. We have 2 tanks 2 healers and 6 DPS . When portal comes every DPS (have macro to target portal/volcano) and nukes it down. We never get more than 1 mistress and 4 infernals. Whit infernals you need to keep your eyes open coz when they start to move as fireball and stops somewhere (usually near healers) they start to do hellfire so everyone have to know how to move.

Well, if your dps arent using a /tar nether portal macro, thats lost time targeting. I cant 100% confirm this, but i believe our healers even throw their highest dps spell at the portal. Its basically a do or die situation with getting the portal down before 2 mistresses spawn. The volcano isnt that bad, we commonly allow 4 to spawn and really have no problem.

Unless your dps are shit you dont need any /tar Portal macros. Just roll with 2 tanks, 2 healers, 6 dps. Get everyone to switch to Volcanos / Portals as soon as they spawn. You should NEVER get more than 1 mistress and rarely get more than 3 infernals. Have everyone dps the adds down asap as well. Interrupting the fireball isnt that important (i.e. dont sacrifice add dps to interrupt). Basically its just a question of whether you have the dps and hps to do the fight. Its a gear check, nothing more (unless your tactics are REALLY bad).

This is not really mentioned often, but the mistress' kiss is actually quite an issue that is not brought up. While some classes (maybe pallies, droods) will have to limit their casts, priests, locks and mages especially might want to consider getting power auras to detect it early, and quickly use a macro

For example, a fire mage

/stopcasting
    /tar Lord J
    /cast Frostbolt
    /targetlasttarget

or a holy / disc priest for example

/stopcasting
    /tar Lord J
    /cast Mind Blast
    /targetlasttarget

You might already know this, just throwing it out in case it helps. More basic things that sometimes overlooked

-Mark your 2 (or 3) healers with something dbm wont use. Let your healers shoutout preemptively at anyone who likes to sit himself at a corner (for some reason hunters are especially guilty of this :P).

-Make sure those with legion flame on their feet are not going out towards the edge (as some videos suggest). Generally it is better to do a zigzag (like playing snake)

Did Heroic-10 Jaraxxus with my guild and got it down in 4 attempts on the first night of trying our the Heroic version. Here's some tips on the basics of the fight.

Heroic-10 Jaraxxus is pretty much Jaraxxus in the normal versions. Except, Volcanoes and Portals are mobs themselves and act as generators. They must be shut down ASAP and be first on priority. Jaraxxus is definately, and positively not a DPS race. Take your time, it's not like his Enrage timer is 4 minutes. First thing that comes up several seconds after the pull is the creation of the Portal. All DPS are required to immediately switch when they spawn, and you should never have more than 2 at a time. If your DPS is awesome or lucky, you can get only 1 to spawn. After the Portal is down, Maidens are next in line and carry from there on.

The Volcano will spawn a while after your DPS are finished, and again, all DPS switch to the Volcano. Preferably, you should not have more than 5 infernals (more will cause much havoc). Ranged should be picking off the infernals and maybe a few melee if your ranged group is minimal, or just not getting them down quickly. Purge the Nether buff off Jaraxxus as well, or better yet, Spell Steal it if you have a mage. Legion Flames is pretty much same old, and heal people that need the overhealing or... yeah. You know what happens, but it's not much of a big deal if you let one slip by.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshy
    Im under the assumption that they forgot shamans existed so they just need to find a few minutes to draw up a few lines but just keep putting it off since they are too busy pretending to nerf paladins.

Majesty

Shaman's are pro interrupts for the fight.

Have them focus Jaraxxus and use a /cast [target=focus] Wind Shear macro and they will be able to interrupt every single cast on their own even while DPSing adds.

There's no need for /target macros for the Volcanos/Portals either. The portals always spawn to his left side so when it is 1-2 seconds till next portal make sure people are aware and melee move over and then everyone will be ready the second it pops.

1 tank, 2 healers, rest dps.

Balance the dps between ranged and melee and it works just fine.

Everyone switches to volcanoes and portals.

You want to get 1 mistress and 3 infernals max.

Only ranged kills the adds for us.

Easiest fight in the instance in my opinion.
    Yea it's me.

1 tank on heroic ?

yeah, nice try, how about going to actually do that

Even though we use 2 tanks, why shouldnt 1 tank be possible? It's not like dps is anywhere close near the MT threat with all the target switching. It's a bit more chaotic though with all the running around, but very possible.

10+ Year Old Account

the way we do it is: at the 1st portal. all dps use their trinkets and CD's. we get only 1 mistress. at the volcano, every1 need to kill it, but no need for CD's. ranged kill the infernals. at the 2nd portal, 2min CD's is maybe back, but when the portal comes, pop Bloodlust and nuke the portal and kill the mistress. Dispell/purge/spellsteal the debuffs on the boss and interrupt the fireballs. EZ win

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I noticed last night that the portals/volcanoes always seem to spawn about 5 yards to the back and right of wherever Jaraxus is facing when he summons them (over his left shoulder basically). We were able to easily burn down portals by getting everyone into the predicted spot just before they appeared. We never had more than 1 Sister or 2 Infernals.

It can get tricky if he decides to target someone with an Incinerate Flesh just as he summons, since his facing changes. However, as long as I tanked him in one spot, the portal/volcano spawn locations became very predictable.

Tips:
    1:Use BL 3 sec before the first portal.
    2:Make sure dps knows that its about bursting the portal/volcano and not sustaining normal rotation (ie: shamans use frostshock/rogues use evis etc.)
    3:Have OT mark inferanls so ranged know which to kill first.

we usualy only have 1 ranged dps (me, ele sham) and i can kill the infernals rather quickly... we usualy get 2-3 infernals and usualy kill jarax be4 he spawns a second volcano.

However, our group is pretty well geared and i can see this fight being hard w/o a Warrior MT and atleast 2 ranged dps.

From what i know, groups who are trying to down him for the first time Can not allow more than one mistress to spawn or its a wipe.