Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Growl keeps missing

So.. I just went for the weekly VoA 10 man with my feral druid alt, and as I ran in to tank the boss, I missed faerie fire, boss didn't hit me, I had 0 rage, so I decided to Growl - and I missed.. so it went for one of the eager dps'ers.. i waited another 4 sec (T9 set bonus ftw! :P) and Growled again - missed... and... 4 secs later Growl missed.. And that caused a wipe..

Please don't respond with "Hunter should have MD'd." or something, I want to know if there's something wrong with my gear/spec, because I should be melee hit capped - I have 272 hit rating = 8.30%

Armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Ju%C3%ADcylucy

From what I know, they made Growl a melee ability and I have spoken to our MT Feral druid and he says, he never miss Growls when he's hit capped. I even missed Growl once I had the glyph that gives 8% more hit on growl/roar.

Any ideas?
    - Neehla

Deleted

Re: Growl keeps missing

As far as i know, growl is still considered a spell (you can't growl when silenced), which puts it at 17% chance to miss against a raid boss. Even with the glyph you would have a 9% chance to miss.

Whatever happened to furor proc > enrage > Faerie Fire? :P

15+ Year Old Account

stay out of cloud which gives 50% miss debuff :

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Obviously run with Growl glyph. And bring lots of FR/SI Glyphs with you. They cost the same as potions, so if you can't live with just having Maul/Growl and either FR/SI depending on which one you prefer, bring lots of them. But I'd say Growl is pretty mandatory. Sometimes people dislike Maul because of either you only have 1 target, or you are doing an achievement where hitting adds will ruin the achievement.

The Cloud was probably your issue, I've never seen him cast it so early though ???

Also taunts do indeed use the melee hit cap, which is 8% for feral druids.

Edit:
    # Taunt: The chance for this ability to land successfully on its target is now increased by hit rating.
    Apparently I remembered the patch notes wrong, I remembered this patch saying it used the physical hit cap... Spell hit it is. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    As far as i know, growl is still considered a spell (you can't growl when silenced), which puts it at 17% chance to miss against a raid boss. Even with the glyph you would have a 9% chance to miss.

Whatever happened to furor proc > enrage > Faerie Fire? :P
    FFF (feary fire feral) and growl (like all other taunts) are spells and thus use the spell hit and cap (17%) so if you are melee hit capped you sill have 9% miss chance (glyph is there to close the gap to the 17% and thus makes your taunt spell hit capped once you are melee hit capped)

with your gear and specc there is nothing wrong, fact is if a hunter should have ... but you know that
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

I forgot to mention - this way on Emalon, no -hit chance debuff from him

Whatever happened to furor proc > enrage > Faerie Fire?
    Was on cd, cause the add tank was too slow and as I said, faerie fire missed as well x(

Quote Originally Posted by Varon
    FFF (feary fire feral) and growl (like all other taunts) are spells and thus use the spell hit and cap (17%) so if you are melee hit capped you sill have 9% miss chance (glyph is there to close the gap to the 17% and thus makes your taunt spell hit capped once you are melee hit capped)

with your gear and specc there is nothing wrong, fact is if a hunter should have ... but you know that
    According to wowhead.com http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=6795 is Physical.

physical does mean it can't be resisted by magic resistance and can't be dispelled

a warriors taunt is physical too, but it can miss on raidbosses due to beeing a spell ...
    same for hand of reckoning just that reckoning is holy ...
    same for unholy command that is physical again ...

and each of that abilities has a glyph assigned to it that gives 8% additional hit to that ability to close the melee/spell gap
    Welcome to the Internet, where the men are men, the women are men, the children are police officers, everyone is correct all of the time, even when they're wrong, and where opinions are more valid the more insults and swear words you include with them.

I just had the idea that Growl was a melee ability and thus being capped at 8%. In my group I didn't not have imp. faerie fire/misery and I didn't have a draenei in my group. And neither did I have the glyph which puts me 8.70% under the cap, so I guess it's just stupid Rng at its best?

15+ Year Old Account

i am hit capped my growl also missed soemtimes bot verry verry rarely

u sure it was missed and not immune ? since there might have been DR the taunt

TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Weird, I have missed taunt to on emalon on my warrior alt too it's very frustrating, I have 10% hit(too much hit on gear + draenei).

Regardless of what the uninformed may have said above, Growl *DOES* use your melee hit chance (which is why the glyph is 8% and why, for example, a priest glyph of mind control is 17%). Faerie Fire uses your spell hit chance. Demo Roar I'm not sure of, but the rate at which it's resisted makes me think it's spell hit chance.

Anyhow, as for the issue of being melee hit capped and still missing growls, I'm going to go on the theory of taunt DRs. What class was the add tank? I'm thinking a possible AoE taunt to round up the adds as well as an accidental direct taunt on the boss.

15+ Year Old Account

Wow at so many people not even reading the original post.

I would pop an enrage/barkskin on the pull or at minimum enrage about 10 seconds before you run in so you have rage in case you get really unlucky with resists. It happens.

I've been tanking Thorim and burned taunt, challenging roar and had to wait for taunt to be up again. Rng is rng.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

growl requires 17% hit. The change you may be thinking of was when blizz allowed melee hit rating to affect it.
    Unless you're a mt and gear for survival, you should absolutely have the growl glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    Unless you're a mt and gear for survival, you should absolutely have the growl glyph.
    Imo, even if you're MT the Growl glyph is pretty much a must for anyone, simply due to the nature of some fights. (Tank swaps on Thorim, threat reset on Jormungar burrows, for example)

It can avoid potentially nasty situations.

15+ Year Old Account

i think u guys are forgetting the power of the other glypths

20% more healing on u for 10 secs every 3 mins

15% extra hp for 20 or 28 seconds every 3 mins

and ofc the all imba maul 2 targets
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

glyph of maul is just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by bavarcarus
    glyph of maul is just annoying.
    It's required to tank. Sorry, but tanking two adds and only mauling one of them is not going to but it for threat. A 1k swipe every 1.5 seconds is not going to hold threat from a rogue doing 5k dps.
    As for the other glyphs, the frenzied regeneration requires a global cooldown and that really hurts it with me.

it is possible to switch targets ya know, also I can't say I care about trash or 5 mans. There's very few, if any, bossfight situations where the annoyance of randomly hitting something near me is overcome by the desire to keep stupid dps from getting themselves killed. All I do in groups is mash swipe/maul while tabbing through to see if anyone's catching up on something. In any case that rarely overcomes the DK and/or paladin tank aoe threat in our 25 mans, Maul glyph might get me 2 but there isn't really any point.