Thread: Ret hate.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Ret hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakuru
    I hate retadins too. Why? Because they decided each battle in 3.0, don't need alot of skill. I know after the damage part you need to have some skill but come on, look at the skills its all deal x dmg, deal x dmg. While every other class has: deal x dmg if blabla.
    This is what all the "real" players (like myself)have been asking for.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prm
    Just watch the BlizzCon cast (if you havent already or was there) and check the dude on Class Q&A who plays ret and asks about MS for ret. He is the reason I hate ret palas.
    Common mis-conception- He didn't ask for MS, but rather brought up the topic of MS (then said he was a Paladin).

  2. #22
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Ret hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    not too hard when you got weapon with 10% more dps then the other classremind me the skill it take to play a war, a mage, a warlock.. etc?

    i should probably stop giving Blessing to people.. you cant respect me then no Blessing for you!
    Try keeping up a Affliction rotation- In TBC (as a DW warrior) you had to time your slams perfectly to not loose DPS- You also had to be sure to not stack too much haste (which is now a problem with Destruction builds) or else you gib your rotation.

  3. #23

    Re: Ret hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    The problem here isn't Blizzard, it's that people care too much.
    This is so true.

    Case in point: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patch...-06-04-01.html. Blizzard makes more fun of Rogues in there than any other class. Nagrand has a quest where you kill an Undead Rogue to prevent him from stealing some Gnome's pelts, and Dalaran has another stereotypical Undead Rogue with the title "the Griefer". Are Rogues supposed to hate Blizzard for joking around?

    What about the "Shadowmourne is a Hunter weapon" or before that, "we haven't decided what the next legendary will be, but it's not a Hunter weapon" stuff? Hell, even the BoA Herod's Shoulder is a joke on Hunters because you'd see so many back then using it despite the fact that it's useless for them. They made a perfectly usable item just to make fun of a single class, for Christ's sake.

    If you're really offended by Faesroll or Isimode, who by the way I found hilarious, as did many other players, then maybe the problem doesn't lie with Blizzard. The blog post says many players didn't roll Paladins in TBC because they didn't want to play an underpowered class that was often laughed at. Does it mention the many, many more people that were never interested in Paladins before but rolled one anyway in WotLK because they "heard Ret was good"?

    I have nothing against Ret Paladins. But I think you're overreacting here. You can't say going from the worst spec in the game to becoming what was arguably the most overpowered spec in PvP (in 3.0, mind, not now) isn't a dramatic change. Obviously there's going to be some repercussion because it was such a memorable turn. And if those two poor guys in Icecrown offend your little elf heads so much, refer to the Exp cancellers in Org/SW. They're lv 19 Rogues with typical twink gear. OMG BLIZZ MAKES FUN OF MY CLASS WTF
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

  4. #24

    Re: Ret hate.

    Paladins have become faceroll. I am levelling my paladin who was my main in vanilla and who I rerolled away from because in vanilla paladins were a joke. Now the difference is unbelievable. I kill mobs as fast as, if not faster than I did on my rogue, warlock or shaman. On a class with plate armour that can heal, cleanse itself and bubble I find that ridiculous. The most absolutely bullshit retardfest ability now has to be Hammer of Wrath. Instant cast, >50% crit chance and given how easy it is to reduce a target beneath 20% these days, almost certain death even if your target runs.

    Really, stop lying to yourself and catch up with the rest of us. Ret is OP and should have been nerfed into oblivion ages ago.
    PvP is for those of lower intellect. Only someone with a low IQ would look at class imbalances, gear issues, racials, RNG, level advantages and number advantages and then claim that it was their skill was the main deciding factor in a battle. That's if they win. If they lose, the above will all of a sudden become relevant to them.

  5. #25
    I am Murloc! Nienniora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    5,161

    Re: Ret hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Try keeping up a Affliction rotation- In TBC (as a DW warrior) you had to time your slams perfectly to not loose DPS- You also had to be sure to not stack too much haste (which is now a problem with Destruction builds) or else you gib your rotation.
    ya.. i leave Affliction out since i never see any anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkle
    Paladins have become faceroll. I am levelling my paladin who was my main in vanilla and who I rerolled away from because in vanilla paladins were a joke. Now the difference is unbelievable. I kill mobs as fast as, if not faster than I did on my rogue, warlock or shaman. On a class with plate armour that can heal, cleanse itself and bubble I find that ridiculous. The most absolutely bullshit retardfest ability now has to be Hammer of Wrath. Instant cast, >50% crit chance and given how easy it is to reduce a target beneath 20% these days, almost certain death even if your target runs.

    Really, stop lying to yourself and catch up with the rest of us. Ret is OP and should have been nerfed into oblivion ages ago.
    lvl80 > before that..
    scale badly, always been, always will

  6. #26
    I am Murloc! Nienniora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    5,161

    Re: Ret hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ihatepallys
    I bet the people who post they hate paladins secretly have a paladin alt. I was first attracted by the Crusader against the scourge aspect of a Paladin and I personally hate the people that do nothing but flame Paladins. We don't flame your class so don't flame ours. Oh and Crusader Strike our main strike is really lackluster it should do something more than just http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=35395.
    your name is pure irony xD

  7. #27
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Ret hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnett
    I have nothing against Ret Paladins. But I think you're overreacting here. You can't say going from the worst spec in the game to becoming what was arguably the most overpowered spec in PvP (in 3.0, mind, not now) isn't a dramatic change. Obviously there's going to be some repercussion because it was such a memorable turn. And if those two poor guys in Icecrown offend your little elf heads so much, refer to the Exp cancellers in Org/SW. They're lv 19 Rogues with typical twink gear. OMG BLIZZ MAKES FUN OF MY CLASS WTF
    There are class stereotypes for most of the classes in-game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkle
    Paladins have become faceroll. I am levelling my paladin who was my main in vanilla and who I rerolled away from because in vanilla paladins were a joke. Now the difference is unbelievable. I kill mobs as fast as, if not faster than I did on my rogue, warlock or shaman. On a class with plate armour that can heal, cleanse itself and bubble I find that ridiculous. The most absolutely bullshit retardfest ability now has to be Hammer of Wrath. Instant cast, >50% crit chance and given how easy it is to reduce a target beneath 20% these days, almost certain death even if your target runs.

    Really, stop lying to yourself and catch up with the rest of us. Ret is OP and should have been nerfed into oblivion ages ago.
    QQ more and wear Resilience.

  8. #28
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Ret hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    ya.. i leave Affliction out since i never see any anywaylvl80 > before that..
    scale badly, always been, always will
    Affliction is (on a Patchwerk fight) the highest DPS spec for Warlocks every 15 out of 60 minutes with the Felguard out- I'll eventually have my lock D/Sed for Destro and Affliction once I'm 80 and have more money.

  9. #29

    Re: Ret hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Usually our one Hunter averages 9k to 10k DPS on that fight and Im right behind with 8.2k or so- But yes, its becasue of the mechanics of the fight that Melee should be doing better.
    11.2k on Twins last week. That fight is all about who can grab the most orbs. If you have bad ping, you wont do high dps on that fight cause some one will always get the orb first, even if you think you did. Fortunatly I have good pingedge.

    On topic, after buying the streaming coverage of Blizcon, and watching the class discussion pannel, I cant say I was too pleased when they said "no ret questions". Obviously they were joking, but when you commit soo much time to this game, and particularly this class.. it does sting a little when they put the class down. (I KNOW!! THEY WERE JOKING)

    Of course.. when the ONE ret paladin dude asked a question it had to be a competely retarded one.. made me cry. If I had been there I would have asked:

    "You just said in your pannel you plan on making Totems more 'fun', at what point are you going to make Auras 'fun' since they have had 0 attention since Vanilla, not counting mount speed."

  10. #30

    Re: Ret hate.

    Well, we're not the only ones who have suffered this. Remember Resto Druids and Warlocks in S3? Death Knights ring any bells? What about rogues? Shamans in pre-BC? Every class has / has had its haters.

    The reason why Paladins receive hate is the mentality of: 'U can do leik 5k dps as soon as u 80 an u faecroll arena an bg an paladins r fcuk annoying bcuz they look gay lol an every1 haz 1 as well wiv super saiyan hair an ofc i dont'

    They obviously fail to remember the old days, when, mainly ret, was harder to play. The only thing that they seem to remember is how they got destroyed in 3.0.2 when Blizz, let's face it, kinda messed up the balancing of the spec at that time. But now, Ret is fine, well at least in my opinion. My point is, is that each class has its fair share of haters, and in a poll on these forums I saw recently, Paladins were not really hated. Death Knights, Rogues and Druids more-so I believe. :P

    Also, believe it or not, a lot of Paladins DID NOT roll their class because it was OP.


  11. #31
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Ret hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowhammer
    11.2k on Twins last week. That fight is all about who can grab the most orbs. If you have bad ping, you wont do high dps on that fight cause some one will always get the orb first, even if you think you did. Fortunatly I have good pingedge.
    Well we didn't beat them lost night, even after 1 shots on all the other bosses XD

    Quote Originally Posted by Bron
    People just need a class to hate so it makes them feel better about themselves really.
    Just don't read the hate posts on mmo champion, sadly this place is full with unskilled players who can't handle it that x class counters them, so they come here make up a bunch of numbers, use some swear words and call their friends to back them up.

    Btw NERF rogues, last time I was against one he got me to 70% before he died, like wtf nerf now.
    They've always been like that :P

  12. #32

    Re: Ret hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnett
    About those patch notes... blizzard makes fun out of every class and everything in those notes since it is fake ones!


    FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen
    Safari: Fighting with Sawk/Mienfoo/Tyrogue

  13. #33

    Re: Ret hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by wannaspoon
    I'd have no problem with no brained ret play style if you lost eye for an eye... Lets give the faceroll spec damage that they don't even have to click a lit up button for.
    Eye for an eye sucks for a PvP talent.

  14. #34

    Re: Ret hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by ewhenn
    Eye for an eye sucks for a PvP talent.
    yea on an opener i'm down 6k~hp before you even find your freedom button

  15. #35

    Re: Ret hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by wannaspoon
    I'd have no problem with no brained ret play style if you lost eye for an eye... Lets give the faceroll spec damage that they don't even have to click a lit up button for.

    You mean the talent that absolutely nobody with a brain takes? Yeah, nerf the HELL out of it, please.

    Are you retarded?

  16. #36

    Re: Ret hate.

    BTW Ronark, I completey agree with you on wishing they would make ret harder to control your damage. There is already a pretty big gap between great retadins, and average ones, but it could be alot bigger of a gap.

    Great rets can shine, its just that bad rets can do pretty good damage with out thinking.

    I'd like it to get to the point that great rets shine, and Bad rets do horrible.

  17. #37

    Re: Ret hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkle
    Paladins have become faceroll. I am levelling my paladin who was my main in vanilla and who I rerolled away from because in vanilla paladins were a joke. Now the difference is unbelievable. I kill mobs as fast as, if not faster than I did on my rogue, warlock or shaman. On a class with plate armour that can heal, cleanse itself and bubble I find that ridiculous. The most absolutely bullshit retardfest ability now has to be Hammer of Wrath. Instant cast, >50% crit chance and given how easy it is to reduce a target beneath 20% these days, almost certain death even if your target runs.

    Really, stop lying to yourself and catch up with the rest of us. Ret is OP and should have been nerfed into oblivion ages ago.
    I wonde if he knows that HoW has always had a high crit chance and has been there since TBC. I also wonder if he realises that once your targets get a decent amount of health that HoW wont kill them when they are at 19%. Also wonder if he doesn't realise that the other execute moves are also instant cast and have high crit chances...

    Alnd I wonder what spec he is lvling his other chars as because enh shamans kill shit just as quick as my ret did in 3.0.2, if you spec destro for lock (best for lvling imo) you imolate, chaos bolt to conflag and shits dead (which is WAY faster than ret can kill) as for rogue go sub for lvling youjust premed to ambush to evis and dead.

  18. #38
    Immortal Ronark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    7,252

    Re: Ret hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowhammer
    BTW Ronark, I completey agree with you on wishing they would make ret harder to control your damage. There is already a pretty big gap between great retadins, and average ones, but it could be alot bigger of a gap.

    Great rets can shine, its just that bad rets can do pretty good damage with out thinking.

    I'd like it to get to the point that great rets shine, and Bad rets do horrible.
    Sorta like Feral kitties

  19. #39

    Re: Ret hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Sorta like Feral kitties
    Cross fingers for a good Cata overhaul!

  20. #40

    Re: Ret hate.

    Quote Originally Posted by wannaspoon
    yea on an opener i'm down 6k~hp before you even find your freedom button
    Eye for an Eye Rank 2
    All criticals against you cause 10% of the damage taken to the attacker as well. The damage caused by Eye for an Eye will not exceed 50% of the Paladin's total health.
    Ah. So before I can click on my freedom button and keyboard turn around to hit you, you've done sixty THOUSAND in critical damage to me. Do you have some sort of GM tabard or something? Run along, you terrible useless troll.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •