Thread: Ret hate.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Ret hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Seriously?? Have you only been playing this game or been involved in game forums for like 10 months?

Paladins have always been hated on. Rets and Shocks were always getting harassed in vanilla and TBC. The OP buffs in early WotLK only added fuel to the fire that had long been burning.

I was pretty disgusted with the way pallys were insulted repeatedly by Blizzard at Blizzcon, but then it happened. It happened and I couldn\'t say a word because they were right. When that dipshit asked the Ret/MS question I just /facepalmed. We deserved every damn bit of it because of that guy.
    ...? Unless you leveld a Pally up at the start of Wrath, then you would know how insane they were at teh start of Wrath at max level. And they were insanely easy to play, you hit three buttons for large hits that killed everyone. Rets have not always been hated on. Until Wrath noone cared about them.

This mentality has been around as long as paladins have had a Retribution tree. A hybrid shouldn\'t do as much damage as a \"pure\" is the reason why rets had always fallen short in the Damage Done department. Now that the gap has been closed between Rets and \"pures\" the hatred has only gotten worse.

A class that can heal with the best of them, tank as the best of them, and DPS near the top is bound to piss off a lot of players.

I think its kinda funny that this post is coming from a warrior. One of the all-time weakest classes against paladins and currently the weakest of tanks.
    You...Do know Warriors were the strongest for quite a long time right...? And...just..no..?

Why are you so violent?

Really, people like you are PART of the reason people make fun of Ret. Because idiots like you fall for every trick and give them a cheap laugh. It is even more funny when you ahve no idea what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    The problem here isn\'t Blizzard, it\'s that people care too much.
    This, so much this.

Also, as for the article on the first page, I wish the person would take it down. I skimmed through it just to find complaint after complaint. Jeez people, calm down. Why do people get so mad because Bliz has some fun with THEIR game..?
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by wannaspoon
    yea on an opener i'm down 6k~hp i usually get you down to 6k before you even find your freedom button
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentWolf
    No one likes or respects retardins. No one. And you know it perfectly. So.... Stop whining or reroll.
    actually your wrong. People who raid with ret paladins bring a lot to the group. Replenishment, Massive DPS, more Pally buffs. People who hate on a class are either following a crowd or got hit with the massive OPness of ret when LK came out.
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    ...? Unless you leveld a Pally up at the start of Wrath, then you would know how insane they were at teh start of Wrath at max level. And they were insanely easy to play, you hit three buttons for large hits that killed everyone. Rets have not always been hated on. Until Wrath noone cared about them.
    You...Do know Warriors were the strongest for quite a long time right...? And...just..no..?
    They still hated them for not "choosing a viable spec"- The number of times in WSG I heard "reroll holy" or "Heal like you are supposed to" is beyond anything else.

Although having Divine Storm do Holy damage was quite insane

Also, as for the article on the first page, I wish the person would take it down. I skimmed through it just to find complaint after complaint. Jeez people, calm down. Why do people get so mad because Bliz has some fun with THEIR game..?
    This.

Why are you so violent?
    I enjoy how much you fail at reading comprehension.

i hate them so much.
    mostly because there are SO MUCH rets who grind your ass of.
    in ws there is ALWAYS 1ret out of 30classcombinations.
    i agree i have 80 resiliance and dont stand a chance anyway, but its just anoying.
    always wings trinkets, 4gcds pewpew where a mage would had cast 2 fbs or nova or something
    freedom is the rest.

PS i only hate ret, prot and heal are ok
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsilly
    actually your wrong. People who raid with ret paladins bring a lot to the group. Replenishment, Massive DPS, more Pally buffs. People who hate on a class are either following a crowd or got hit with the massive OPness of ret when LK came out.
    you gotta admit though, 3.0.2 before wrath hit stores was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fun in bgs. every five mins, bubble>wings > jump in a group of horde > DIVINE STORM > 4 kbs.

but yeah then we deff needed a nerf now we are fairly balanced in the dmg department, just wish I could get an interrupt....

Quote Originally Posted by Perudo
    About those patch notes... blizzard makes fun out of every class and everything in those notes since it is fake ones!
    ...My point exactly? I mentioned Rogues because they have stuff like this:

New level 35 quest series added which teaches players to detect stealth. We feel that by this time, players have lived in fear of Rogues long enough.

The Raid UI now allows a maximum of 3 rogues or hunters per raid.
    But if you want me to break it down even further, what I mean is: Both Blizzard and (especially) the whole WoW community make fun of every class. I've never seen a Hunter being "offended" about the whole Huntard thing, or a Balance Druid crying because of oomkin jokes.

They're not mocking anyone in particular, they're poking fun at a class, often at their own balancing flaws. I understand Ret is probably up there in the nerdrage-o-meter with DKs and Rogues, and I understand that most people absolutely despise your spec/class/hair/whatever and sometimes even refuse to invite you to PuGs if there are other DPS classes available (I admit I've been guilty of this), but in this case you're turning it into plain paranoia.
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Schippi
    i hate them so much.
    mostly because there are SO MUCH rets who grind your ass of.
    in ws there is ALWAYS 1ret out of 30classcombinations.
    i agree i have 80 resiliance and dont stand a chance anyway, but its just anoying.
    always wings trinkets, 4gcds pewpew where a mage would had cast 2 fbs or nova or something
    freedom is the rest.

PS i only hate ret, prot and heal are ok
    Learn to Kite or CC if they pop wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko
    you gotta admit though, 3.0.2 before wrath hit stores was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fun in bgs. every five mins, bubble>wings > jump in a group of horde > DIVINE STORM > 4 kbs.

but yeah then we deff needed a nerf now we are fairly balanced in the dmg department, just wish I could get an interrupt....
    On a decent CD.

Why are you so violent?

Really, people like you are PART of the reason people make fun of Ret. Because idiots like you fall for every trick and give them a cheap laugh. It is even more funny when you ahve no idea what you are talking about.
    What are you talking about?? None of that post was violent. I know that warriors were the best tanks until Wrath, but I also know that they have always been very vulnerable to ret pallys in 1v1 situations. Did you misquote me or something?? Feel free to point out anything that would make you believe that I have no idea what I am talking about.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

What are you talking about?? None of that post was violent. I know that warriors were the best tanks until Wrath, but I also know that they have always been very vulnerable to ret pallys in 1v1 situations. Did you misquote me or something?? Feel free to point out anything that would make you believe that I have no idea what I am talking about.
    Ret has trouble (or can have trouble) with Prot Warriors, but thats due to them, well, having high CA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Learn to Kite or CC if they pop wings.
    On a decent CD.
    of course, or they could make it like windshear where it only interrupts for 2 secs (all you really need) and make it a judgement not on the normal judgement cd (but unaffected by judgement cd reduction affects....well maybe not LIKE windshear but a carbon copy :P )

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Ret has trouble (or can have trouble) with Prot Warriors, but thats due to them, well, having high CA.
    I was mostly referring to DPS spec vs DPS spec. Throughout TBC and thus far in Wrath, a ret pally had a decisive advantage when wearing equivalent gear. The odds of winning for a ret have been slightly reduced in Wrath as compared to TBC though. It was very common for Rets to beat MS warriors in TBC with 50% HP remaining and not blowing bubble.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    I enjoy how much you fail at reading comprehension.
    Thank you! I love you too!
    Really? So back when ret was put a seal on and hit them a few timesi n thirty secs and judge (pre BC) they owned warriors?

And really, commen sense is my problem. You believe every damn peson is serious when they crack a joke about rets (Unless your whole post was a joke).

*Shrugs* But believe I am wrong if you want. I know most rets have to win every battle, or just toss an insult like our tj freind. The only real saving grace are the few rets who can get a joke or who atleast know what they are doing, such as Ronark or (dare I say it) Nillo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

15+ Year Old Account

I was mostly referring to DPS spec vs DPS spec. Throughout TBC and thus far in Wrath, a ret pally had a decisive advantage when wearing equivalent gear. The odds of winning for a ret have been slightly reduced in Wrath as compared to TBC though. It was very common for Rets to beat MS warriors in TBC with 50% HP remaining and not blowing bubble.
    This is true yes.

Thank you! I love you too!Really? So back when ret was put a seal on and hit them a few timesi n thirty secs and judge (pre BC) they owned warriors?

And really, commen sense is my problem. You believe every damn peson is serious when they crack a joke about rets (Unless your whole post was a joke).

*Shrugs* But believe I am wrong if you want. I know most rets have to win every battle, or just toss an insult like our tj freind. The only real saving grace are the few rets who can get a joke or who atleast know what they are doing, such as Ronark or (dare I say it) Nillo.
    I still laugh when I saw the old http://www.wowhead.com/?item=19815 which read:

"The doll resembles a paladin or an adolescent girl"

Seriously?? Have you only been playing this game or been involved in game forums for like 10 months?

Paladins have always been hated on. Rets and Shocks were always getting harassed in vanilla and TBC. The OP buffs in early WotLK only added fuel to the fire that had long been burning.

I was pretty disgusted with the way pallys were insulted repeatedly by Blizzard at Blizzcon, but then it happened. It happened and I couldn't say a word because they were right. When that dipshit asked the Ret/MS question I just /facepalmed. We deserved every damn bit of it because of that guy.
    You are right the Pally hate did not start with Wotlk

Trying to be nice about it I will say Paladins have always been A exceptionally easy class to learn in fact a Paladin is the only single class in the game who can do 95% of there meximium potentially while literally rolling your face over your keyboard.

It was only tolerated up until the release of wotlk because well lets face it they had a single raid spec and that was Holy.
    Then of course wotlk comes out and Paladins who's only weakness in group pvp has always been lackluster damage suddenly gain a crapton of Unmitagatable damage while retaining there superior defensive capabilities and the ability to heal there team mates.

Of course for Raiding paladins are hated because of the Faceroll dps (A lot of people envy Paladins for having such a low skill curve.

90% of Ret players are Fotm rerolls who failed at Arena on there shaman/hunter/warlock/Dk
    Also does not help the paladin cause that prot paladins are stupidly overpowered at the moment because of Ardent defender

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by skrump
    It was only tolerated up until the release of wotlk because well lets face it they had a single raid spec and that was Holy.
    Then of course wotlk comes out and Paladins who's only weakness in group pvp has always been lackluster damage suddenly gain a crapton of Unmitagatable damage while retaining there superior defensive capabilities and the ability to heal there team mates.
    Wise Raid groups used all 3 specs, albeit it was limited to 1 Ret and 1 Prot.

Thank you! I love you too!

Really? So back when ret was put a seal on and hit them a few timesi n thirty secs and judge (pre BC) they owned warriors?

I really have no idea where you are coming from as your posts are pretty far out there.

You kinda didn't read my post correctly. I said during TBC and Wrath (not pre-BC). Yes, in pvp gear during TBC, I believe I would have had at least a 75%+ chance of beating a pvp geared warrior in equivalent gear. It happened all the time. Warriors have always complained about there difficulties beating oppenents 1v1. They were too needy of heals and defensive cd's(ie. dispel or freedom).

Changes to warriors within the past few months have helped them out tremendously. Juggernaut was a huge buff for them as clearly displayed by their arena representation.

I don't "have" to win every battle. There are many many players out there who are better PVPers than I am. If I am dueling a player that I feel I should beat, I'll be a bit upset with myself if I screwed up and lost. That doesn't mean that I am going to nerdrage on the person I dueled.

I have no problems with people that crack jokes about rets. Retlol, Retardin, and the like are all titles that Ret pallys have earned over the years. Its just like the title Huntard. There are many bad Ret pallys and thats unavoidable. The Blizzcon guy kinda pissed me off because....
    a) he cares about this game enough to buy a ticket to Blizzcon
    b) he is stupid enough to pose that question in front of tens of thousands of people when he should damn well know how much people dislike the mere thought of buffing rets
    c) he made every one of us look like idiots

It has nothing to do with how "easy" the class is.

I honestly think most of the resentment towards ret paladins stems from the fact that when most people think "paladin" they expect to see healers. DPS warriors had the same stigma for a while too... everyone wanted to see a tank when they invited a warrior. Here's a typical sample conversation as a ret paladin in TBC:

Some random guy: "LFM Heroic Mech"

You: "I'll go."

SRG: "Can you heal it?"

You: "No, I'm ret."

SRG: "lolret, no thanks"

After about a month of that, I said screw it and went Holy for the rest of the expansion, and ended up clearing Sunwell. I did get to go Ret for fights like Brutallus, but for the most part it was such a useless spec that people developed a real stigma towards it.

Enter 3.0, where Blizzard overhauled Ret, and gave them a bunch of tools to hit people with... and overdid it big time. This turned the flames of resentment against people that rolled a healing class but refused to heal(I mean what are you, bad?) into a genuine inferno of ret hating rage.

I do find it ironic however, that most of the people I know that scream about overpowered ret paladins play classes like rogues and hunters... and wouldn't rolled a healing class if you put a gun to their heads.

The ones that don't call you out on your rambling, nonsensical ret hater apologist posts, you mean.

I'm guessing you're a prot paladin that doesn't pvp. How far off am I?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tjanson
    It has nothing to do with how "easy" the class is.

I honestly think most of the resentment towards ret paladins stems from the fact that when most people think "paladin" they expect to see healers. DPS warriors had the same stigma for a while too... everyone wanted to see a tank when they invited a warrior. Here's a typical sample conversation as a ret paladin in TBC:

Some random guy: "LFM Heroic Mech"

You: "I'll go."

SRG: "Can you heal it?"

You: "No, I'm ret."

SRG: "lolret, no thanks"

After about a month of that, I said screw it and went Holy for the rest of the expansion, and ended up clearing Sunwell. I did get to go Ret for fights like Brutallus, but for the most part it was such a useless spec that people developed a real stigma towards it.

Enter 3.0, where Blizzard overhauled Ret, and gave them a bunch of tools to hit people with... and overdid it big time. This turned the flames of resentment against people that rolled a healing class but refused to heal(I mean what are you, bad?) into a genuine inferno of ret hating rage.

I do find it ironic however, that most of the people I know that scream about overpowered ret paladins play classes like rogues and hunters... and wouldn't rolled a healing class if you put a gun to their heads.

The ones that don't call you out on your rambling, nonsensical ret hater apologist posts, you mean.

I'm guessing you're a prot paladin that doesn't pvp. How far off am I?
    It wasn't a useless spec: You just had to have the right buffs in the right group for it to be useful (I.E. WF, LotP, etc.)