Trinket Question (Retribution)

I wonder if Death Knight's Anguish still outweights Banner of Victory for my Paladin.
    Note that Death Knight's Anguish is almost always on its internal CD and I think the crit bonus is (still) noticable as I see that I crit much more as the fight goes along with the trinket stacking.
    The Question is if the 1000 AP are worth more than 181 crit rating. (Ignoring the armor penetration, because it sucks anyway)

Or is there another option than Banner of Victory outside of raids because I don't plan to raid. (also, if this is important on the weight of certain stats?)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Trinket Question

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    I wonder if Death Knight's Anguish still outweights Banner of Victory for my Paladin.
    Note that Death Knight's Anguish is almost always on its internal CD and I think the crit bonus is (still) noticable as I see that I crit much more as the fight goes along with the trinket stacking.
    The Question is if the 1000 AP are worth more than 181 crit rating. (Ignoring the armor penetration, because it sucks anyway)

Or is there another option than Banner of Victory outside of raids because I don't plan to raid. (also, if this is important on the weight of certain stats?)
    Crit is better by AP but not by a ratio of 10:1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Crit is better by AP but not by a ratio of 10:1.
    Then I have to compare proc rates and how they "flow" in fights? Because if it procs as the Mirror of Truth than..fuck the ratio, I stay green iLevel 138. Also, I guess there aren't really good other choices? I can't check emblem vendor right now.
    Samin
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted

there is a better option...

mirror of truth, you don't need to raid for it, and crit outweighs ArP. the proc is 8 AP less, but that is negligible.

edit: did not check your armory, since it is offline. but if you already have it, then you could go for DMC:Greatness (but that would cost 6K).

15+ Year Old Account

Then I have to compare proc rates and how they "flow" in fights? Also, I guess there aren't really good other choices? I can't check emblem vendor right now.
    It depends on what your other trinkets are, and often you will be raiding/pvPing/Arena-ing (?) on a regular basis.

It depends on what your other trinkets are, and often you will be raiding/pvPing/Arena-ing (?) on a regular basis.
    - As I wrote I don't plan to raid (nor do I pvp often) so the chance you see me in a raid is very low.
    Also I linked armory on the "Paladin" text.
    I already have mirror of truth as second trinket (and I am very disappointed...very very very rarely see the buff, e.g. compared against death knight's anguish it's a joke)

..ah well..armory down.

DMC: Greatness..forgot about that..well I'm a scribe but only have one card of the set yet. Maybe I do some farming and try my luck.
    Samin

15+ Year Old Account

- As I wrote I don't plan to raid (nor do I pvp often) so the chance you see me in a raid is very low.
    Also I linked armory on the "Paladin" text.
    I already have mirror of truth as second trinket (and I am very disappointed...very very very rarely see the buff, e.g. compared against death knight's anguish it's a joke)

..ah well..armory down.

DMC: Greatness..forgot about that..well I'm a scribe but only have one card of the set yet. Maybe I do some farming and try my luck.
    Hence why I asked

DMC: Greatness is the second BiS trinket available for use: You easily make use of it up to (and maybe past) level 85. If you only plan to use the trinkets for doing Dailies, however, in the long run it won't matter as you will tear through most quest mobs with ease.

Hence why I asked

DMC: Greatness is the second BiS trinket available for use: You easily make use of it up to (and maybe past) level 85. If you only plan to use the trinkets for doing Dailies, however, in the long run it won't matter as you will tear through most quest mobs with ease.
    Single mobs don't reach me anymore since the hand of reckoning change ;D
    But I quite frequently run 5 man heroics (also their "hard modes" aka GotH achievements) and there it is always nice to be a bit better (also killing elites in front of icc is fun!)
    Samin

As others have said, use Mirror of Truth. Its a great trinket for the work required to get it. Your trinket options are very limited if you can't raid, but here is a short list of possible replacements for your green trinket that are available from heroics or the AH.

[Darkmoon Card: Death] is a very good trinket that costs significantly less than Greatness.
    [Incisor Fragment] good trinket for the static AP buff and the ArP isn't absolutely terrible. I am not recommending ArP to rets but this trinket is still good.
    [Meteorite Whetstone] Lots o' crit and a good proc.
    [Sphere of Red Dragon's Blood] You aren't hitcapped and this trinket might offer the biggest DPS gains for you.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    As others have said, use Mirror of Truth. Its a great trinket for the work required to get it. Your trinket options are very limited if you can't raid, but here is a short list of possible replacements for your green trinket that are available from heroics or the AH.

[Darkmoon Card: Death] is a very good trinket that costs significantly less than Greatness.
    [Meteorite Whetstone] Lots o' crit and a good proc.
    I will watch out for those. The haste on the last one would be nice "on use" for SoV application. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    [Sphere of Red Dragon's Blood] You aren't hitcapped and this trinket might offer the biggest DPS gains for you.
    I am. Against Level 82 bosses in 5 man heroics, which is the thing I go for (and even if I consider raid bosses then I still only miss 33 rating according be.imba (Dreanei)..
    Samin

I am. Against Level 82 bosses in 5 man heroics, which is the thing I go for (and even if I consider raid bosses then I still only miss 33 rating according be.imba (Dreanei).
    Good grief. I took the time to make a heroic drop list and still had the 8% hit in my head (not to mention I slipped on the Heroic Presence).

Its just a thought, but if you happen to get the polearm from H ToC, you will fall below the hitcap and the Sphere would be a great fit for your setup.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD