Thread: Stupid dropps

Stupid dropps

Am I the only one that get uppset when lets say a T8 for rogue drops from Emalon and you have no rogues in the raid?

I dunno how many times this has happened do you guys but it has happened one time to many for me, isn't it time for blizz to maybe to a twist in how dropps work?
    What I was thinking about was that the drop chance of a Tier item was equal to the % of the raid that could use that tier, so lets say we had 5 paladins, warlocks and priest they would have 20% for a tier to drop for them. Then if there were 10 for each of the other tiers they would have 40% chance each.
    Ofc this is how it could work on bosses that drop a random tier token.

For VoA they could do the same only that the % would be of how many of that class there is, so in a 10 man if u bring all classes there is 10% for each, but if u don't bring a hunter but a second paladin then the paladins will have 20% and the rest 10% each.

Plz reply what you think of this, downsides you can think of or your own experience of how a VoA raid went horribly wrong and nearly no1 got any loot because you didn't bring a class :P
    This is my character. There are many like him, but this one is mine. My character is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life. My character, without me, is useless. Without my character, I am useless. I must play my character true. I must play better than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must kill him before he kills me. I will...

Re: Stupid dropps

no, it's more fun going somewhere in the hopes of getting something than knowing that something will drop that you can use.

It's doesn't have to be something YOU can use, the right class item can drop but for the wrong spec, or it doesn't drop at all. The point is that someone in the RAID get something for them
    This is my character. There are many like him, but this one is mine. My character is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I must master my life. My character, without me, is useless. Without my character, I am useless. I must play my character true. I must play better than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must kill him before he kills me. I will...

Deleted

Yeah let´s bring 10 paladins or 10 druids and you are 100% sure something for that class will drop. Or let´s have the RL invite only shaman dps "being shaman himself" just to ninja the items. I feel that it´s annoying when something the raid can´t use drops but we have to think about everything else aswell.

You're crying about random loot being random?

How would you feel if you were the only person in the raid that could use that particular item, giving you a 4%(10% in 10m) chance of even having it drop? Your idea would just lead to people raid stacking to get particular items to drop.

Also, if ONLY items that somebody could use dropped, how could I flood the AH with 10g abyss crystals to make mad profit?

Its just luck of the draw. I hate it too Lol

You didnt raid in vanilla i quess, how fun do you think it was to get 40 peeps to down a boss and then have paladin tier gear drop when you play as horde

Quote Originally Posted by Schweddy
    You didnt raid in vanilla i quess, how fun do you think it was to get 40 peeps to down a boss and then have paladin tier gear drop when you play as horde
    Except of course, that didn't happen. Vanilla tier gear for shamans/paladins was added to the loot lists for Ally/Horde in BC.

On topic, no, make a decent raid with 1 of each class, its already free lootz, why make it easier?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

I agree it's annoying to get "useless" drops... but I don't just see it in PUGged VoAs, but in guild runs of Uld and, more unfortunately, ToC. This is most frustrating when there are a LOT of drops that would benefit the raid, but you get one of the handful that can't.

The problem is, this is a "slippery slope" issue.

Once you say "let's only drop stuff for which there are classes present," you open the gate for the next phase: "let's only drop stuff for which there are classes/specs present." And once you do that, it becomes, "let's only drop stuff that's an upgrade for the classes/specs present" - and drop shards for the rest. Since different folks have different ideas on what's an upgrade (which is a whole other discussion), this would invariably lead to even more QQ...

Personally, I think Blizz took the right approach (and also agree with them that they didn't go nearly far enough): streamline the stats so that there are less "useless" drops. Bonus spell damage and bonus healing were rolled into "Spell Power". Melee haste and spell haste were rolled into "Haste". Cataclysm is going to take this one step further, apparently.

First thing I thought of when I saw the thread title was http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30621

Nothing can shake my believe that this world is the fruit of a dark god whose shadow I extend -- Emil Cioran