Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Druid healing and 10-man raids

Quote Originally Posted by axio
    I have the WG glyph for 25 mans and I can usually stand between casters and melee and get 60% of the raid with 1 spell.
    So er.. wild growth hits 15 people now ?

Quote Originally Posted by paul2k9
    I was referring to using it in a 10 man, 6 / 10 people = 60%. Think about it.

Oh, and another thing. If your clicking the spell, stop. Bind them. Then get an addon like healbot, or you can use mouse-over healing (which is what I use). More info on mouseover healing can be found here: http://www.wow.com/2008/04/20/macro-...lls/#continued

And just because everyone says to hot the raid doesn't mean you can't use Nourish. If a single target took damage and your HoT doesn't have enough time to tick before he gets a heal then just use Nourish.

Here's your job as a resto druid, you blanket the raid with hot's, in 10 man this is very easy to have every raid member with rejuv, every 5 seconds you should wild growth (WG is a bit buggy, I use a macro personally to target myself then target last target when I cast it). Keep regrowth / rejuv / lifebloom on MT to help vs spike damage. gg 9k HPS. If anyone get's really low swiftmend or NS+HT, if there off CD use nourish, dont use regrowth on the raid.
    I agree regrowthing the raid is something i have moved away from also but i think resto druids are better spot healers then anything else especially in 10 mans. Yes on fights like Valkries you might need to only worry about raid healing but on most fights anytime the raid isn't taking damage you should be keeping the tanks hot'd up and topped off.
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

Quote from: paul2k9 on September 20, 2009, 11:56:58 am

I was referring to using it in a 10 man, 6 / 10 people =
    on the Wild growth topic it isn't as glitchy as you think it just only hits a radius around teh target burning it on almost every CD is worth it even if it only hits your target imo and being able to nourish 6 targets from one spell is invaluble.

Quote Originally Posted by doomchken
    on the Wild growth topic it isn't as glitchy as you think it just only hits a radius around teh target burning it on almost every CD is worth it even if it only hits your target imo and being able to nourish 6 targets from one spell is invaluble.
    No it is glitchy, sometimes it wont cast because one of the 6 people is out of range or dead, even when you try and cast it on someone beside you, the best way is make a macro to target yourself, cast wg, targetlastarget. Use it every 5 rejuv's.

No it is glitchy, sometimes it wont cast because one of the 6 people is out of range or dead, even when you try and cast it on someone beside you, the best way is make a macro to target yourself, cast wg, targetlastarget. Use it every 5 rejuv's.
    Wild growth is glitchy, but I'm not sure why you would have it target yourself?

This is the macro I use for Wild Growth (mouse-over)
    #showtooltip
    /cleartarget
    /cast [target=mouseover,noharm,exists] Wild Growth
    /targetlasttarget
    If you don't have it clear target then it may or may not go off, or at least cause it to act funny.

About raid healing, Wild Growth every time its on, Rejuvenation + Swiftmend every 15 secs, Nourish spam. If you have 8.5 4 bonus, Reju idol and Spark of Hope then its even more fun.

Resto druids HAVE to learn to Nourish. Skip this foolish Regrowth, its not trendy anymore, cause its too slow. And Lifebloom is only good ONLY for tanks. Raid healing with lifebloom is a lottery, unless you have mega skill with bloom calculations.

Everything got changed, playstyles too...

hm i guess i don't pay enough attention to who my WG's hit. Still its a nice HoT even on one target since it ticks every second.

Everything got changed, playstyles too...
    Definitly and i personally love the new nourish crits over 50% of teh time 1.2 second cast and hits a target with 1 hot for over 11k. all for ~500 mana.

When I am resto specced for raids, and I've healed everything from uld25/10 full clear to totc25/10 up to FC, I am a big fan of Rejuv and 1-2 lifebloom ticks, plus Wild Growth on every opportunity. The trick I've found for letting Wild Growth be most effective however, is to actually target the boss or a hostile add / npc, and cast WG on that target .. doing so immediately allows the spell to choose the closest 6 targets in need of healing around that mob / npc. Then on the next WG cooldown, I'll pop it on a member of the ranged, depending on range / raid comp. I also use Nourish / Regrowth as needed on either tanks or casters who are dropping too quickly. I'm easily able to keep a full 10m raid w/a rejuv on everyone and usually 1-2 lifeblooms rolling on the tanks at all times. Trees FTW! /grin

Of course. Or are you telling us that you only used one glyph of WG, and not a whole stack at once? +10 targets! ;D
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.