Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Best geared Mutilate raid rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Denide
    Yea it does hurt, but gotta hit that exp cap.
    Pray to the wow gods for the overload of expertise gear thats available to drop
    A wise man once said. Argueing on the Internet is like the special olympics, even if you win you are still a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Voij
    i mentioned that to show that you had a pretty high chance to get your hands on 4pc T8.

And no, it doesn't make sense that your spreadsheet tells you to put +20 Agi in your yellow sockets. (10 Agi+10 Cri should be a lot better... And yes, i'm just using the Pocket Guide values for Mut.)

Tbh i'm really curious why 20 Agi should be better than 10 Agi, 10 Crit and 6 Hit/10 Agi and 14 Crit.
    Statistically speaking, the only time you should use the 10agi/10crit gems in a yellow slot is in two situations:

A) It is the only slot on the item, and the socket bonus is a DPS stat that you can use (i.e. - Agility, ArP, Crit, Haste; if it were hit, I'd use agility gem instead since I don't need hit),

or

B) The other slot(s) on the item is red socket(s) and the socket bonus is a DPS stat you can use.

Other than that, you're most likely going to want to gem straight agility. You choose one blue socket and place a nightmare tear in it (because stamina on the purple gems is useless to Rogues) to activate your meta. Other than that, if the sockets are yellow and blue or red and blue, chances are your best DPS is going to come from gemming straight agility.

<-- OP

Thanks for the profile link, did any of you actually look at my gear though? Any advice welcome.

I fully understand the spec, its all ive played in LK, was mainly wanting to see how other top tier rogues were speccing/gearing for ideas.

Also just noticed Pinch from Preminition only has 5 Expertise, even in that gear set wouldnt that cause issues?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...%27jin&n=Pinch

I like to think I'm a pretty well geared rogue, I really need some damn trinkets tho, blood of the old god drops every time I miss our yogg kills.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Sebastionleo

Quote Originally Posted by Shelke
    Statistically speaking, the only time you should use the 10agi/10crit gems in a yellow slot is in two situations:

A) It is the only slot on the item, and the socket bonus is a DPS stat that you can use (i.e. - Agility, ArP, Crit, Haste; if it were hit, I'd use agility gem instead since I don't need hit),

or

B) The other slot(s) on the item is red socket(s) and the socket bonus is a DPS stat you can use.

Other than that, you're most likely going to want to gem straight agility. You choose one blue socket and place a nightmare tear in it (because stamina on the purple gems is useless to Rogues) to activate your meta. Other than that, if the sockets are yellow and blue or red and blue, chances are your best DPS is going to come from gemming straight agility.
    Yes, i know that. O_o
    What i didn't understand was/is, why Verscide chose to use 2x 20 Agi in his chest and 20 Agi in his shoes.
    Tbh i'm really curious why 20 Agi should be better than 10 Agi, 10 Crit and 6 Hit/10 Agi and 14 Crit.
    Chest:
    2x 20 Agi vs. 1x 20 Agi, 1x 10 Agi, 10 Crit and Socketbonus 6 Hit
    ==> 20 Agi vs. 10 Agi, 10 Crit and 6 Hit or, even more simplified 10 Agi vs. 10 Crit and 6 Hit.

Shoes:
    20 Agi vs. 10 Agi, 10 Crit and Socketbonus 4 Crit
    ==> 20 Agi vs. 10 Agi and 14 Crit or 10 Agi vs. 14 Crit.

in both cases, the orange gem should be undeniably better, but Verscide thought of it differently, which i just don't get. (Especially since he said he spreadsheeted it...)

15+ Year Old Account

Guess gems just come down to personal choice, like I chose to go 2x 20agil in chest and skipped the hit bonus. Was my personal perference but meh.

And 5 expertise on Pinch must be a serious lose on his dps. I would never go below the exp cap just because of bad memories of dodges :<

I'm one of few mutilate rogues on my server, think im the only raiding one horde side really, also one of the best geared on the realm, even though our horde side is totally crap and under populated.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&n=Nømeansnø

Not THE best, but if you'd like a good idea how to gem/enchant/itemize I can certainly point you in the correct direction. Lol at myself before the flames.

I see all these people who are like "omg you cant be below exp cap omg omg omg omg omg you suck."

Seriously, its not that big of a deal. The closer you get to the cap, the worse it becomes. Having the cap is nice, but in decent gear, your rotation is pretty smooth, and you're almost never going to have to cut slice and dice down to 3 or less seconds, so a dodged envenom is not that big of a deal, as long as SnD doesn't fall off.

That said, 5 expertise probably does give Pinch some problems. I prefer to stick around ~20 because you only miss 2-3 envenoms over the course of a fight with 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart
    Also just noticed Pinch from Preminition only has 5 Expertise, even in that gear set wouldnt that cause issues?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...%27jin&n=Pinch
    he could be using the food buff and potion for expertise, even then i don't know if it would cap him.

it wouldn't even come close, Though expertise is really, not something you come by often, maybe he is just sacraficing his raw power stats over expertise

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart
    Anyone know some of the name/armory links of top rogues that raid as Mutilate?
    I don't know exactly what you count as top raiding rogue, but I guess having downed the Valkyr Twins in ToC25 HC just like every hardmode in ulduar except yogg+0 can be counted towards this. So, I raid as mutilate with combat as offspec for twins and anub (not murderable).
    Here's my armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...mmten&n=Kajaro

Btw: I'm still using 4p-T8,5 although I got 3 pieces of t9.45...just waiting for the 4th trophy.
    I've also got Golden Saronite Dragon for combat spec available.

I think Heliaster is the best geared raiding mutilate rogue on Stormrage and probably pretty high up there overall

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ge&n=Heliaster