my thoughts about the epic Arthas fight

I thought about this fight, as a mix out of Yogg Saron:
    Sylvanas, Tirion, Darion Morgrain, Jaina Proudmore are like the keepers

Sylvanas (-> Aspect of the Windrunner, Movement speed increased by 5% and Haste rating by 5%)
    Jaina(-> Aspect of Magic, increases Spelldamage and Healing by 5%)
    Tirion (-> Aspect of Light, decreases Frostdamage by 10% and prevents dead Players to be raised as undead)
    Darion (-> Aspect of Shadow, decreases Shadowdamage by 10% and increases physical dmg by 5%)

Hardmodes are without those Aspects.

Arthas has the ability to raise dead Players as Ghouls/Undead/Banshee's who serve the LichKing.
    When the help of Tirion is activated he will instantly handle and kill raised dead, with 1 min CD.

The Fight begins when all Players enter the IceThrone Room and Arthas says something like:
    "Well done mortals, your journey was long enough, now you will serve the one and only king!"

Phase 1: You just kill many adds, like @ Kel Thuzad fight in Naxramas, but Arthas will freeze (dispellable) players who stand nerby and cast Death n Decay under them.

Sometimes he fears players with his deathcoil and heal some of the Adds.

Phase 2: "Well done heroes of Azeroth, now you'll fight a real Enemy!"
    Arthas throws Frostmourn into the raid which is stuck on the ground, freezes the ground and deals 100k Frostdmg to every Player who stands like 20y away to each other. The Dmg is splittet up to near standing Players.
    Now the whole ground is frozen and deals a identicly dotdebuff to the raid like Hodir.
    Frostmourne rises out of the ground and starts attacking the raid.
    Frostmourne is tauntable and does all 8 secs an Cursedstrike, deals 20k physical dmg plus 10k addiotional frostdamage.
    The Cursedstrikes leaves a Debuff on the Tank which reduces Armor by 5000 and is stackable, the debuff lasts 10 sec.

All 45 seconds, Frostmourne flys up in the Air, targeting a Random Player and falls down into the ground. All Players and the targetet have to run away. If Frostmourne hits the or a player he will instantly die and Fronstmourne spawns a cold of the North AoE Dmg field (dealing 9k Frostdmg/s) on the ground.

When Frostmourn is about at 5% phase 3 starts.

Phase 3: Froustmourne flys back to Arthas, Arthas rises from his Throne and starts attacking the raid.
    All 30 Sec. he Casts Unholypowers, Arthas sucks all life out of the ground and deals everyone who stands near to him 10k Shadowdmg/sec and heal himself with damage dealt.
    As long as Arthas stands in this Area his attacks hit for 30% harder.

Cursestrike from Phase 2 continiues in this Phase and all 45 secs he will throw Frostmourne up in the Air similar like in Phase 2, but he will throw AE DeathCoils to the Raid (Fearing Players for 3 secs).

Everytime a Player dies (hardmode or Tirion CD) he will rise him as an servant of the lich king, Tanks/Melees as Ghouls, Casters as Liches and Healers as Banshees.

Every 25% of his Life, he will gain 15% Attack Speed.

At 25% of his fight Arthas starts sometimes make a whirlwind like Leotheras fight, when this whirl ends he's got a Aggroreset.

Just the second you bring him down to 0 HP, the 4 Aspects join the fight (even in hardmode) to give him the killing blow.
    Nobody can Attack Arthas, see this as a little in fight Sequence.

There are little conversations like:
    Tirion: Now you will fall, young prince
    Jaina: Arthas, what have you become

and so on, Chris Metzen will do this fine :-)

Then you see Tirion, attacking with the Ashbringer Arthas, Ashbringer meets Froustmourne and a big explosion of holy light on the screen.

Ashbringer and Frostmourne are shatterd, Arthas dead body and Tirions dead body lie on the floor.

But then, somethings comes out of Arthas Armor:
    The Soul of Ner'Zul, Phase 4 starts.

Ner'Zul deals a big amount of shadowdamage to the whole raid, maybe the tank needs shadowresistance?
    But hes got big resistances to all magic schools, except holydmg where he's vulnerable for the double amount of dmg.

This Phase is the Dpstest, lots of healing to the raid, because he deals, death n decay, AE Shadowbolts, Blizzards and grounded fire (Ner'Zul was a shaman :-) and you have to bring him down as fast as possible.

When you bring him down, you can loot a Legendery item (only hardmode +0), the grip of Frostmourne (the blade himself is shattered), which starts a questline something like "The corruption of this sword is finaly dead, but when you hold the grip you feel massive powers in your hand).

Well that are my thoughts about an epic fight, please dont judge my Englisch skills, because its not my mother tongue.

Upgrades to my thoughts are welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.
    Aion is merley a setback!

Re: my thoughts about the epic Arthas fight

they wont make it so much like yogg, they know better even tho it may be blizzard. honestly eh very cliché and predictable
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

Imo they will make the fight more complicated than that
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    In short, go back to heroics, farm some t10, get hit capped, learn to gem, get real professions, read the sticky, then delete your toon, mail me your gold, and pick up Aion.

yay this sounds like fun :P no it doesnt 100k plus 20yrd range = WTF GHASKGDHJAGSFHGADHKF..... but would be pretty much the most epic fight in the history of wow... needs more deathgrip+ aotd+ loads of ghouls and stuff AND MORE CRITS MWUHAHA, cool story bro
    This user has been banned.

Well, I guess it's 95% safe to say that both Tirion and Darion will be present at the final showdown in Icecrown. Tirion is the new Ashbringer after all, and Darion seeks revenge. Blizzard also said Varian and Varok Saurfang will race against each other to reach the next floor in Icecrown Citadel. So I guess they will join the fight too. Also, don't forget Muradin said he would go after Arthas. Sylvanas has a score to settle. Jaina was once a good friend of Arthas.

I love the idea of faction heroes being there to help as well. Each faction would get help from different heroes.

Alliance Horde

Melee DPS hero: Varian Saurfang
    Ranged DPS hero: Jaina Sylvanas
    Support hero: Muradin Thrall

The support hero would do DPS too, though not as much as the melee or ranged DPS heroes. They would instead focus more on supportive buffs and abilities.

There wouldn't be much difference between the faction heroes. For example Varian and Saurfang would do the same thing.

Each hero (including Tirion and Darion) does a good amount of DPS and have some cool abilities. They also provide buffs for the whole raid. All in all they make the fight against the lich king easier. Tirion and Darion will always be included in the fight. But you may choose what of the other three heroes you make take with you. Each hero you decide not to take with you makes it quite a lot harder. Hard mode would be to do the fight without any of the alliance or horde heroes.

tbh i think thrall will be in the fight and it wont be tirion that lands the last blow i think this is how it happens to stumble upon shadowmourne.. you needa do something in the fight to get thrall and not tirion to land the final blow and shadowmourne flies outa the debree of the axe that thrall has levaing behind a dead thrall and a corrupted axe left behind?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

don't really care how the mechanics will be

BUT

imo arthas should be really really really hard so that the world first takes like at least 1 month+

If it involves ground breaking and raid falling on something/somewhere, I'm outta there.

Seriously, I'll HS out. Fuck it, I've seen enough of it already.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

As long as Saurfang doesnt die, and the fight isnt LOLFARM after a few weeks i would be more then Happy

SAURFANG FOR WARCHIEF!!! \o/

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ss-Time-Warden

Let's all put this link in our sig, and pray that the 4th expansion of WoW includes THIS Hero Class! =D

fighting frostmourne is tricky anyway, i heard rumours only illidan was ever to survive a hit from it.

Double Dmg for Holy?

GG stacking retadins!

Blizz is not that stupid...

Wow you totally did just make a fight stealing bits and ideas from a lot of other raids already in the game! WOOOOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatinia View Post
    Deathwing begins to explode as he explodes

Quote Originally Posted by DreadLobster
    Wow you totally did just make a fight stealing bits and ideas from a lot of other raids already in the game! WOOOOW!
    omg i know, if he slacks a little more, and retcons in some aliens, hes gonna be a blizzard developer in no time at all!

I am quite sure Muradin Bronzebeard will appear in Icecrown, related to the Arthas encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by Akmed
    omg i know, if he slacks a little more, and retcons in some aliens, hes gonna be a blizzard developer in no time at all!
    totaly, probably head dev even :O Making Arthas scream "TASTE THE FROST OF FROSTMOURNE!" waaay too much will totaly get you that job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolatinia View Post
    Deathwing begins to explode as he explodes

Quote Originally Posted by DreadLobster
    then make it better and stop QQ'ing
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.
    Aion is merley a setback!