Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who else thinks...

PvE Paladins are the most complicated healers...When I leveled my paladin to 70 before the expansion I wish I had known what I was getting myself into...I think Blizzard needs to step back and realize what they've done. They've taken an extremely simple healer and turned it in to the most complicated bull crap...Who's with me? and what do you think Blizzard should do?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Who else thinks...

Quote Originally Posted by Jolipop
    PvE Paladins are the most complicated healers...When I leveled my paladin to 70 before the expansion I wish I had known what I was getting myself into...I think Blizzard needs to step back and realize what they've done. They've taken an extremely simple healer and turned it in to the most complicated bull crap...Who's with me? and what do you think Blizzard should do?
    I'm guessing this is a troll attempt, due to:
    a.) New user Posting
    b.) Paladins having the least amount of healing tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    I'm guessing this is a troll attempt, due to:
    a.) New user Posting
    b.) Paladins having the least amount of healing tools.
    Gasp! Troll?... ??? sad face...

I totally disagree! They have all kinds of unnecessary crap that I have to constently refresh...to those who paladin heal and do it well...big props but I just cannot grasp the concept I guess.

15+ Year Old Account

Gasp! Troll?... ??? sad face...

I totally disagree! They have all kinds of unnecessary crap that I have to constently refresh...to those who paladin heal and do it well...big props but I just cannot grasp the concept I guess.
    You have 2 heals and 3 buffs to keep up a minute- Compared to all the other healing classes/roles this is nothing.

You have 2 heals and 3 buffs to keep up a minute- Compared to all the other healing classes/roles this is nothing.
    I find it hard to do all this and still keep track of my healing target and making sure he's alive...and all the other stuff that comes with boss fights...then again its probably because I don't use macros...macros are evil things that don't always work...

BUT

whats so complicated about a priest, or a druid? or even a shammy. All a shammy has to do is spam chain heal and they're top heals. Druid spam instant cast heals maybe a big heal here and there...and they're top heals. I haven't played priest since bc, but its still to my understanding...all they do is heal...

15+ Year Old Account

I find it hard to do all this and still keep track of my healing target and making sure he's alive...and all the other stuff that comes with boss fights...then again its probably because I don't use macros...macros are evil things that don't always work...

BUT

whats so complicated about a priest, or a druid? or even a shammy. All a shammy has to do is spam chain heal and they're top heals. Druid spam instant cast heals maybe a big heal here and there...and they're top heals. I haven't played priest since bc, but its still to my understanding...all they do is heal...
    Druids have to HoT multiple people, use Innervate when needed, and monitor multiple targets to ensure that their HoTs have a near 100% uptime. They are also 1/3rd of the classes that can dispel Curses.

Shamans have to keep up Earth Shield, and have to know when use CH, RT, HW, and LHW, as well as Cleanse and Purge, in addition to monitoring totems.

Depending on the Priest, they are either Raid healing or MT healing- They have multiple procs to watch, as well as knowing which heal to use out of their 5-6 or so heals. They also have use PW:S on all applicable targets.

Paladins have to judge once a minute, and buff the MT with the BoL and SS buffs, which both last 1 minute each if talented. They have only 3 heals, the least amount of all healing classes, and need to cleanse when needed. Although there are multiple Auras, generally you only use 1 in a fight and (almost) never change it in a fight.

BUT

I dont care that my following comment is overused, cause according to your view of other classes ways of healing, this is true.

Target main tank. Now bind every single key to FL.
    Start headbutting your keyboard to fucking shreds. Loot epics.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gotSilk?
    I dont care that my following comment is overused, cause according to your view of other classes ways of healing, this is true.

Target main tank. Now bind every single key to FL.
    Start headbutting your keyboard to fucking shreds. Loot epics.
    FoL spamming isn't viable for HM healing: Nice troll attempt though.

FoL spamming isn't viable for HM healing: Nice troll attempt though.
    Neither is Chain Heal spamming, see where im going?

Topping healing meters and facerolling an instance are totally different things. You can do 5 billion overheal and be number one overall heal and still wipe on the first boss because you are just spamming the heals regardless of the situation. For example, any sham can spam CH and "win" on the healing meter. However, a GOOD sham will use the right spells for each situation and actually talk with the other healers so they don't end up sniping each others heals and wasting mana.

As for holypala healing, out of trees, disco/holy priests and shams, I find that Hpalas has the most boring and easy playstyle. That's coming from someone who plays a ele sham with a 3 button dps rotation. Make sure you are using the appropriate addons such as a decent unitframe addon (X-Perl) to keep track of the raid and focus on MT/OT, a buff addon to tell you when stuff procs, an action bar addon (Dominos) and if you are really lazy, make some mouseover macros so you can heal without even clicking on ppl.

#showtooltip Flash of light
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists] Flash of light
    Would be a nice spammable FoL macro to use with Grid/Healbot
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Haomarush&cn=Nuds

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gotSilk?
    Neither is Chain Heal spamming, see where im going?
    Nowhere: If you read my post, I listed all the healing abilities of a shaman, outside of LE procs.

Troll.
    Why do people even answer him? Damn obvious.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nest
    Troll.
    Why do people even answer him? Damn obvious.
    I said that in my first post. :P
    As for answering, I'm bored while making Chicken for dinner and scanning the AH.

FoL, HL, HS. Not very many heals.

Beacon/SS. Not exactly very much to watch, refresh them once a minute on the tank or whoever you have it on.

Freedom, Protection, Sacrifice. I've seen so many baddies never use them. Ever. Not to mention tards still specced into ret for more crit, instead of raid wall.

Cleanse. Once again, I've seen so many baddies never use this. Saved people from running into additional trash packs/fire/void zone, etc, while feared by cleansing them.

We are by no means the hardest healers to play, but we aren't the two button spec everyone seems to make us out to be.

Druids have to HoT multiple people, use Innervate when needed, and monitor multiple targets to ensure that their HoTs have a near 100% uptime. They are also 1/3rd of the classes that can dispel Curses.

Shamans have to keep up Earth Shield, and have to know when use CH, RT, HW, and LHW, as well as Cleanse and Purge, in addition to monitoring totems.

Depending on the Priest, they are either Raid healing or MT healing- They have multiple procs to watch, as well as knowing which heal to use out of their 5-6 or so heals. They also have use PW:S on all applicable targets.

Paladins have to judge once a minute, and buff the MT with the BoL and SS buffs, which both last 1 minute each if talented. They have only 3 heals, the least amount of all healing classes, and need to cleanse when needed. Although there are multiple Auras, generally you only use 1 in a fight and (almost) never change it in a fight.
    My guild brings two priest two paladins a druid and 2 shammys.

now what my guild expects me to do is beacon my MT and SS my OT and keep my judge up with another paladin
    so going back and forth in between 3 targets keeping them alive keep track of my mana and my mana cooldowns along with the things that come with a raid boss is complicated for me.

and I don't believe in spam healing, but its hard not to over heal almost 95% of the time with that many healers

and even after alllll of that I don't get into raids often because they favor shammys...sad...face...

15+ Year Old Account

My guild brings two priest two paladins a druid and 2 shammys.

now what my guild expects me to do is beacon my MT and SS my OT and keep my judge up with another paladin
    so going back and forth in between 3 targets keeping them alive keep track of my mana and my mana cooldowns along with the things that come with a raid boss is complicated for me.

and I don't believe in spam healing, but its hard not to over heal almost 95% of the time with that many healers

and even after alllll of that I don't get into raids often because they favor shammys...sad...face...
    Why are you SS-ing the OT?

i'd suggest Healbot or Grid, but the OP will probably come up with some righteous bs why he wouldn't use em.
    "Twinking is a way to invest in a different type of game balance at early levels. If you think that twink groups invest all of that gold and attention merely to roll noobs, you are mistaken. " -Blue post

Now with patch 3.2, we're technically supporting twinking by allowing players who aren't level capped to play in Battlegrounds without risking leveling up. -Blue post

I'm loving the replies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    I'm loving the replies.
    Ba-da-ba-ba-ba.....

Why are you SS-ing the OT?
    Cause SSing your Beacon target is a waste of a HoT?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.