10+ Year Old Account

Levelling as Disc?

Is it any good?

Re: Levelling as Disc?

Quote Originally Posted by TeriyakiNinjaChicken
    Is it any good?
    Does it sound any good? really? If the answer is no then the answer is no. If the answer is yes the question was wrong, right? good and no.

hai2u2 ???
    Born under the Discipline tree.

Some people level as disc from level 70 but i recommend you to level as shadow.

Shadow obviously is better, but if you can find a way to run a million instances it might not totally suck.
    When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly. But now Haruko is here. That's how I know there really is a world outside.

10+ Year Old Account

im leveling my Priest with my GF on her rogue i am Disc i can damage and heal.. its pretty fun but i wouldnt advise going disc outside of a group
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

15+ Year Old Account

You can but it's not as fun or as effective as shadow while levelling, as most of your time is spent killing stuff outside of a group. My priest is currently levelling as a disc/holy hybrid (smitelol) because it's unique and fun.
    For the Alliance!

am i the only one thinking that disc is fun for lvling? just got Power Infusion and i kick ASS! (zomg!!) :-* :-*

10+ Year Old Account

o it is fun i just wouldnt do it alone you can but i wouldnt
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

I leveled as Disc, I know I wasn't going as fast as I could have if I was shadow, but I had fun. + you NEVER die and Reflective shield is fun to :P
    "For if men needed speech in order to learn to think, they had a still greater need for knowing how to think in order to discover the art of speaking"

Quote Originally Posted by TeriyakiNinjaChicken
    Is it any good?
    "Good" as in "fun"? Up to you to define what is fun for you.
    "Good" as in "efficient"? No. Go Smite + Spirit Tap until level 50, then Shadow.

you need to think about what you want.. fast leveling, go shadow, you will be 80 in no time, and have almost no down time (you will in the start, before you get spirit tap)

if you in 60+ want to be able to heal just on a small basic in instance, disc, is quite good, BUT, it's way way way slower than shadow and you should only take it if you wanna do some healing in instance (imo)
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

I switched between Disc and Shadow a lot while leveling... Shadow is faster, but Disc isn't as painful as most people would lead you to believe...

I levelled 70 to 80 as Disc. Its obviously not going to be as fast as shadow but its perfectly possible and of course - you can run lots of instances as a healer.

But with dual spec's now available - once you get high enough level to dual spec - honestly - just buy dual spec and take shadow as your other spec and go shadow for solo'ing. Its much much faster/easier.

why'd you even wanne do it, as shadow is so superior, it plays like heaven, i'm leveling a priest in shadow, it's level 53 now and the dmgoutput is awesome, little downtime. and i got a 1.6k crit yesterday, try that with disc :P

I leveled 1-73 as Disc. It's boring, slow, but you never, ever die (unless you fuck up).

And Shadow has less downtime, too.

If you actually commit to it leveling as Disc works. Your goals should be Life Tap (not improved), Searing Light, Reflective Shields... etc. The base is this. The main option is to go down Disc deeper and get a bunch of the best healing talents, or go more Holy and increase your damage even more.

You will be dropping things a lot faster than you'd expect, but it will be slower than Shadow. Also, if you have a friend to level with it's much different. If they're a non-Warlock caster then you should go Shadow and your primary goal will be to keep Replenishment up for them. If they're melee you should go Disc and pick up Reflective Shields.

The other possibility is to level through BGs, it's quite slow, but depending on your battlegroup you can just go Disc and work your way up like that... the problem is the best way to do it is in AV and you'll be wasted space (see: two-shot by white attacks from people in T9).

I've never understood people who say that disc is a slower level (between 70 and 80) than shadow. It's not a good spec for soloing group quests, but finding a group when you're a healer is never really a big problem. Back when wrath launched I leveled to 80 as holy and hit 80 a few hours after the first spriest in my guild did, he'd had an extra day off work over me to do it so in terms of /played time I was probably ahead of him. I didn't even have glyph of smite.

So long as you have spirit tap 3/3, Divine Fury 5/5 and Searing Light 2/2 either holy or disc can be used to make a good levelling build that can also heal instances.

I just realised, my char was pretty old but always has been disc..

I did actually level up in disc 70-80 but there was one big difference from the rest of the posts who are talking about killing stuff - i levelled up in instances as a healer so a bit different perspective.
    I was never a fan of questing and i liked healing people plus at that time in the game there wasn't many good levellers around so i had a good group of people who we farmed dungeons with non stop.

Born under the Discipline tree.

i lvled shadow until 64 i hated it all the way just wasnt my cup of tea. at 64 i switched to Disc. wtv spec u choose u HAVE to take spirit tap. Disc was just amazing, No downtime at all...allways full mana and full health. my kill rotation was penance holy fire mind blast penance dead. i personally found it alot faster then shadow for the simple fact that you can heal yourself and AOE lvl ( power infusion + holy nova spam + reflective shield )and you will NEVER die. but thats just me i absolutly hated shadow.

I did 1 - 80 using an holy/disc spec.

During TBC i played the shadow priest for too much time, so i decided to level as holy.

The spec was something like that http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bVcbuhhiohoZ0exhbrqbZh