Thread: new BM 51 point

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

new BM 51 point

Exotic pets are cool and everything, but should they really be only attainable with a 51 point spec? Im not complaining that SV or MM hunters cannot obtain them, i just think that bm is getting screwed. SV gets exp shot, mm gets chim shot, where is the spec related shot for bm? Or just an alternative for the current 51 point they have now. Id love to hear your ideas.
    I was thinking of a proc that your pet can initiate, similar to lock and load, that can increase the damage of one of your shots like arcane shot, or maybe it can cause your enemy to be more vulnerable to the hunter's attacks for XX amount of time. Im not sure, we all know BM dps is subpar to the other specs. And not every1 enjoys the playstyle of SV or MM.
    Im not saying the exotic pet talent sucks,its just not game breaking. Maybe giving an ability the hunter can cast like kill command, that does an effect like the rogues killing spree or a warriors slam (based off the hunters bow). I think that would be a great addition and still focuses on using the pet.

Deleted

Re: new BM 51 point

Well the spec is called "Beast mastery" so it's all about them beasts, thus it's not strange they don't get a 51 point talent shot.
    Besides, it's one of the cooler 51 talents in the game.

Problem is that Blizzard cant seem to balance and make the pet part of Beast Mastery work, thats why BM's dmg suck so bad atm, and lets not even talk about a pet having less HP that its master its so stupid hehehe.

But maybe, just maybe the new stat scaling for hunter pets in 3.3, will give pet the HP they need along with proper damage.
    R.I.P World of Warcraft 2004-2009 The Casuals whiners finally killed you, one wonders how casuals can overcome reallife, they must cry alot at work and out in the big world, when stuff is to hard and time consuming. Maybe god will helps casual scrubs handle real life? nobody knows.

15+ Year Old Account

Got the solution.

'Pet shot' X% of base mana
    Instant cast.

Puts an arrow in the beast's ass, shooting your beast to the enemy, exploding like a critter from WC3.
    Dealing Y damage based on Attack Power and a debuff that stuns the enemy every 2 seconds. This debuff makes a chimaera charge the enemy all the time. Your pet is destroyed on hit. Deals +25% damage when shooting your Devilsaur or Rhino.

See? Explosion shot and Chimaera shot in one! Happy now?

I'd like to see a Metamorphosis as the 51 talent, alongside exotic pets
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

new hunter patch notes
    blues said that they are debating wether or not to resesign Kill Command to be sumthing more simmiler to Lock and Load. I agree that excotic is not very..exciting but it is cool to run around with a corehoud I think it is a unique talent and it should be a 51 point in BM..afterall..we master beasts..exoctic beasts...lawl
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha
    Got the solution.

Instant cast.

Puts an arrow in the beast's ass, shooting your beast to the enemy, exploding like a critter from WC3.
    Dealing Y damage based on Attack Power and a debuff that stuns the enemy every 2 seconds. This debuff makes a chimaera charge the enemy all the time. Your pet is destroyed on hit. Deals +25% damage when shooting your Devilsaur or Rhino.

http://www.mediazine.net/view/family...s_cat_launcher

the solution!

Just tack on a "also increases all damage done by the Hunter's pet by 5%" (maybe as high as +10% pet damage) in addition to the talent's current affects so that Hunters who choose not to use an "exotic" pet have additional reason to invest a point in the talent.
    I > U

15+ Year Old Account

It's always the same though. In beta, Exotic Pets was 'Uber cool' and so was say, Metamorphosis. Now see what happened to them.

IMO...

51 point talent...

Enrage.

Your pet gains an additional happiness level called Enrage. While your pet is under Enrage, it deals 180 percent damage, and all normal attacks have a chance of increasing the Hunter's ranged attack power by 50. Stacks up to 5 times.

This buffs your pet a ton, and it also provides you with an AP buff, which in turn provides your Pet with even more AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Rule #84 of WoW: Saying "Rotation" doesn't automatically make you a good player... or even a competent one.

15+ Year Old Account

The 51 point talent should also allow you to use your pet as a mount.
    Mímir, 100 Night Elf Hunter, Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Callsign Grunge
    IMO...

51 point talent...

Enrage.

Your pet gains an additional happiness level called Enrage. While your pet is under Enrage, it deals 180 percent damage, and all normal attacks have a chance of increasing the Hunter's ranged attack power by 50. Stacks up to 5 times.

This buffs your pet a ton, and it also provides you with an AP buff, which in turn provides your Pet with even more AP.
    This looks cool although it would be better to have the AP buff to be percentile (soz if thats wrong word for % :P) then a fixed number to scale better with gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Marath
    this^^^
    This user has been banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravasha
    Got the solution.

Instant cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Marath
    I use to play a game called 'Postal2: Share the Pain' (old game) and in it you can grab a cat and put the front end of the gun inside the cat's ass then you can shoot the cat! SO funny lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklisted
    Maybe giving an ability the hunter can cast like kill command, that does an effect like ... a warriors slam (based off the hunters bow). I think that would be a great addition and still focuses on using the pet.
    You already have something like that... It's called steady shot.

I think the 51 point talent shouldnt be new exotic pets...

It should be your pet becomes....

A BEASTIE!!! !!!

The 51 talent is a nice talent although it should have something like this added : + your exoti pet critical dmg hits have 10% chance to increase the dmg of your stead, aimed or arcane shot by 15% and your critical strikes have a 5% chance to make your pet next critical strike ifnore 30% of your targets armor. This way you are not OP and neither is the pet and you have a nice sinergy that can add up to 250-450 dps more which is enough if you like your exotic pet.

Beast Mastery
    Rank 1/1

You master the art of Beast training, teaching you the ability to tame Exotic pets and increasing your total amount of Pet Skill Points by 4. Also increases your chance to critically hit by 6%, increases your pet's attack power by 6%, and when your pet deals a critical hit with any attack, you have a 6% chance of allowing the use of Kill Shot regardless of the target's health state.
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

You do get 4 pet skill points, which for a ferocity pet means your pet gets 20% of your stamina and 15% of your ap, and does 6% more damage. So its not that bad if you think about it.

i want a pet+master morph!
    You cannot bandage a bleeding target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinnerbone
    This gets my vote for thread of the month.
    If WoW was "just" a game, you wouldn't be in this forum.