Spriest's current state! (shadowpriest.com)

Hi ppl....

Found this very nice reading!
    in case some of you doesnt visit the homepage, ill link the thread here!

http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=23440

Pretty much explains every issue atm!

P.S. Is it possible that someone could post in on the US wow forums, since it is the only forums "The Blues" are reading! (at least it feels like that!).

P.P.S. Just saw its alrdy posted there! Could anyone maybe /bumd the thread then! pretty pls..
    According to blizzard:

Paladins : Lovedolls

Priests : Swineflu

Re: Spriest's current state! (shadowpriest.com)

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/classrank/8

This gives a pretty good overview of where we stand.

/sarcasm on
    But not to worry, according to blizzard the average 60 more spell power and 50% increase on improved spirit tap proc we will get with 3.2.2 will fix everything :
    /sarcasm off

Quoting Ghostcrawler : "We don't think Elemental (or Shadow for that matter) are as low as a lot of players of those respective specs seem to believe, but both received small buffs. While it wasn't necessarily our intention, both of those tweaks happen to be relatively tricky to theorycraft out, so the jury is still out on what kind of buff they will provide or if they will be considered "enough.""

And unfortunately dps in not the only SP issue, quasi inexistant raid utility has not been adressed at all.

/bangs head on the wall.

Yep, it has been said many times before, and i will (also) make that statement!
    Sometimes i really doubt that Blizzard know for sure what current issues the class have.
    Even though a lot of very nice posts are to be found on blizz's forums, GC keeps talking bs.
    I really do appreciate that he takes time to answer people on the forums:

Partly because I do somehow see what he knows about the class (Which isn’t enough, and makes me understand why we still have issues).

Secondly because its nice to see, what solutions/suggestions they have of fixing the current issues(even though the Dev’s are making silly solutions).

It feels like they dont wonna waste time on fixing us, but instead make some fast small buffs like more Sp out of spirit!?

Because, spirit is soo important for a spriest to stack right?!
    Eh!? Tbh they should spend time on fixing our scaling issues, and keep their spirit for themselves.. :<
    According to blizzard:

Paladins : Lovedolls

Priests : Swineflu

I think people that have been shadowpriests over the years are masochists.

From everything I've read, the numbers posted on wowmeters and from my own experiences it seems that Shadow priests in decent guilds (ie: with decently geared and good/experienced players) are at the bottom of the barrel dps wise.

I've really started even to feel this even more with the release of TOC. As we've been gearing up I find myself slipping further and further down the dps charts.

The answer that some people have is that we're:
    a) a hybrid
    b) the utility we bring to a raid

Ok. We're a "hybrid" but that doesnt mean that pure dps class (or even an arms war) should be able to outdps us by 1000+ dps.

The utility:
    -Well fort and spirit can be provided by any priest and I can pretty much guarantee that they'll be at least a disc/holy priest in the raid.
    -Mana regen: A lot of pure dps classes provide this so its really nothing special
    -Healing (Vampiric Embrace): A ret pally can provide significantly more healing than we can. What healing we can provide is pretty small.
    -3 percent hit: wow. We're not the only class to be able to provide this buff and seriously since TOC pretty much all casters are way over hit.

So TLDR:
    -No buffs that make us stand out in a raid
    -No utility that make us stand out in a raid
    -Sub-par and falling dps versus pretty much everyone else

Conclusion:
    I still love my shadow priest but I apparently I'm also a masochist.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elicium
    I think people that have been shadowpriests over the years are masochists.

From everything I've read, the numbers posted on wowmeters and from my own experiences it seems that Shadow priests in decent guilds (ie: with decently geared and good/experienced players) are at the bottom of the barrel dps wise.

I've really started even to feel this even more with the release of TOC. As we've been gearing up I find myself slipping further and further down the dps charts.

The answer that some people have is that we're:
    a) a hybrid
    b) the utility we bring to a raid

Ok. We're a "hybrid" but that doesnt mean that pure dps class (or even an arms war) should be able to outdps us by 1000+ dps.

The utility:
    -Well fort and spirit can be provided by any priest and I can pretty much guarantee that they'll be at least a disc/holy priest in the raid.
    -Mana regen: A lot of pure dps classes provide this so its really nothing special
    -Healing (Vampiric Embrace): A ret pally can provide significantly more healing than we can. What healing we can provide is pretty small.
    -3 percent hit: wow. We're not the only class to be able to provide this buff and seriously since TOC pretty much all casters are way over hit.

So TLDR:
    -No buffs that make us stand out in a raid
    -No utility that make us stand out in a raid
    -Sub-par and falling dps versus pretty much everyone else

Conclusion:
    I still love my shadow priest but I apparently I'm also a masochist.

You don't know masochism unless you played a spriest in vanilla

Done. And for some reason though Ive always levelled as a holy priest.

My name is Elicium and I like pain.

I love how Ghostcrawler somehow thinks that 3% to hit and VE are amazing for utility.

Does Ghostcrawler raid often with people who aren't hit capped?

Maybe this is why he fails so much at understanding the problems?

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Just rename Mind blast, into shado...I mean Mindbolt make it a 3 second cast, no cooldown, make imp mind blast remove 0.5 seconds, keep the debuff and make mindflay a pvp/situational spell. Problem solved in pve but welcome to being exactly the same as a warlock.

Obviously nerf dots needed also before the lolskill knife and storm spammers come along and QQ..
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

buffing a class is a fine balancing act. I'd rather see small increments/changes to bring things more in line than a large sweeping change that will simply either A) not get implemented at all or B) get nerfed again at a later date anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by nilmer

And unfortunately dps in not the only SP issue, quasi inexistant raid utility has not been adressed at all.

/bangs head on the wall.
    Get with the program, with the current 'bring the player not the class' philosophy there is no class utility. If you think that's a bad policy then you need to argue the direction the game has taken is bad but they can't go back in time and change the direction, it's simply a wasted argument.

First off all, there's blue posts at the EU forums as well.
    If you write a good post which gets a lot of feedback they do tend to answer it.

As for shadow being low, it's a scaling issue. We're pretty much stuck at the same dps as early into ulduar.
    I'm starting to want to experiment with different gem-choices, what if we have a soft cap on spellpower or something that stupid?

One issue I have with SP dps, is that people are mostly like "you can multi-dot" etc.

But this is just padding out the meters and doesnt address the main issue of single target dps. Sure there are instances where mind sear aoe might be appropriate, but in most cases its the single target dps where we could use some attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Get with the program, with the current 'bring the player not the class' philosophy there is no class utility. If you think that's a bad policy then you need to argue the direction the game has taken is bad but they can't go back in time and change the direction, it's simply a wasted argument.
    there are 2 specs that are being left behind, elemental shammies and spriests. they CAN do something about this, spriests used to be in the same situation but offered a lot of UTILITY, so it was accepted.

now, we offer LESS utility than a lot of other classes and there is NO reason to bring an spriest instead of class X

just no reason at all, so instead of "bringing the class, not the player" people can argue that "bring any class/player except spriests"

even an elemental shaman brings more raid utility.

it sucks, not what spriests are supposed to be about. GC just has very little knowledge about priests in general. remember, he said that mind control was useful in PVP because we could blow the other team's CDs in arena.

WRONG, later said he meant pve but the subject was about spriest PVP, he just doesn't know much about priests. you can't adjust something when you don't know anything about it. look at the nerfs/buffs since 3.0, it's ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Prior to the "death" of the never living Smite spec, I loved how everyone was still going off on "You bring no useful utility! Worthless spec!". Oh, the irony.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Mind Soothe: PVP ability - Reduces the target's range of spells by 10 yards for 10 seconds.

Improved Shadow Fiend: Your shadow fiend duration is removed and acts as your companion, but deals 30% less damage and no longer returns mana. Shadow Fiend gains a new ability called "Shadow Leech" which can be used every 5 minutes.

Veiled Shadows: Edited so that both Shadow Fiend and the ability Shadow Leech now share this talent.

Dispersion has been removed and replaced with the vampire's fabled ability "Gaseous Form"

What it does, I'm not sure... but it'd be better then Dispersion.

I also love how blizzard so wants Dispersion to be a Shadow Priest's escape ability, and yet we're still affected by stuns, DK pulls, fears, and rogue poison.

If the Shadow Priest isn't fixed by 3.0 (Expansion) then I'm giving up and rolling a Worgen Warlock. As much as I love Shadow Priests, I've been putting up with Blizzard's bullshit since the beginning of Wrath's Beta when they decided it would be a good idea to butcher our utility.

Looked up the definition of dispersion today and found:

Dispersion: A shadow priest's ability to CC themselves in PVP. Can be useful in PVE in certain situations.

On a more serious note though, I'm seeing myself falling further and further behind after every TOC clear(not just by a couple hundred dps either). Luckily I'm the RL so I won't be kicking myself out anytime soon, but with the tons of hit gear available, the disc and holy priest bringing fort and spirit, other pure dps classes regening mana and ret pallies providing substancially more raid healing via damage... why bring a shadow priest?

Its not for the utility, its not for the buffs, its not for the damage...so it seems to be getting to the point where other than the fact that I'd be really upset at booting myself from the raid I'm thinking it would be better to bring another mage, lock,etc...

I love playing a shadow priest, I'll always play a shadow priest but I'm starting to think that I need to shelve him for a bit.

The EU poster hits the 2 problems right on the head (for PvE).

We don't scale. SPriests were fine in Naxx, but as the gear progression has gotten larger, we've fallen completely behind. Also, we get almost no benefit from haste. I don't even notice when I have herosim, it doesn't change my rotation at all.