Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Ahn'kahet, the hardest heroic instance?

with any gear pertaining to ur class that has the color purple.. no heroic should be hard.. imo the ppl u partied with just sucked... h-ok can be done in less then 15 minutes by chain pulling to the 2nd boss and then chain pulling to the last boss lol.. luckily on my server pug's aren't all that bad 80% of the time.. anyways id say h-up is a little tough when you freshly hit 80 and can not run to the end of the gauntlet on the third boss.. most ppl understand occulus now which doesn't make it all that bad and h-toc can easily be done with ur shammy healer that u hate so much.. even with low dps, i can chain heal forever on that fight as im constantly getting mana back
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Arason
    Am I the only one thinking ToC heroic is piss easy?
    ToC can be living hell for healers, especially black knight and paletress (however its spelt)

No, it really is easy if everyone knows what the hell they're doing. The sad thing is, is that usually they don't know what they're doing. Like, literally, the day 3.2 launched (well, that night cause of patching f***-ups) I got a complete PuG for H ToC and we oneshotted it (no, I've never done the PTR, so I didn't know much about it other than what I'd heard). And remember, that was on patch day (meaning lag and server crashes immanent). Then, sadly enough, the next day I got in a pug with a terrible group :S Personally, I think it's mostly luck when it comes to getting good groups with complete strangers.

But, personally, I think Occulus IS the hardest lvl 80 Heroic simply because of the coordination it takes on the last boss. Particularly coordinating time-stops for his enrages and where to fly for Phase Shift. I personally love the instance. The fights are fun and you actually have to do something other than roll your face across the keyboard to do them. It's just the coordination required is neigh impossible for a lot of the people who just want to be carried into the shiny purples.
    We are the internet we dont care about you. We just want to poke you with a pointy stick
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    Furthermore to hate gearscore for 'denying you access to raids' is like hating your credit score for denying you access to a loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiecutter
    Loken in HoL. Tougher than the Naxx bosses tbh
    Group wiped and I solo'd him from 30%-dead on my prot pally.

OP - Can we get an armory link to your toon?
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

It depends. You can usually tell by looking at how much damage the DPS is taking on the first boss if they know what they're doing. Hint: they shouldn't be taking any damage. The hunter's multishot: avoidable by minimum-range. The rogues poison: lol. The warrior's whirlwind: not very hard to avoid, he doesn't exactly spam it. The mage's damage: only when the other mobs are dead should melee be anywhere near. It's the healer's job to keep the tank alive in this fight, as he'll be taking huge amounts of damage, even with good gear.

For 2nd boss, you either get the LOL pala which everyone can JUST LOOK AWAY FROM, and a bit of dispelling, or you'll get the priest which is harder, but (and get this!) you can INTERRUPT!! seriously, all it does is spam holy damage, and you can keep it spell locked the entire fight.

And as for the last boss... /sigh. Phase 1 is a complete joke if you've got a healer who can cleanse. In phase 2, either AoE the adds in the middle, or nuke the hell out of the boss so they'll all detonate. Don't all run around like headless chickens chasing lose mobs, this phase is no different than phase 1 if there's 2 or 3 adds that "escape". In phase 3, hug the boss and nuke, be ready to hit health pots / stones.

As for Loken, it's easy. It's all about cooldown usage. Mages can Iceblock during the AoE, Warlocks can hit health stones, rogues can cloak, and so-forth. And everyone has health pots. Besides this you can just hug the boss and nuke. Not hard. The difference here is that so many don't know the fight and stay at range. This causes wipes.

And, as others have said, there's very few that know Occulus. The 3rd and 4th bosses are things you'll wipe to, but are perfectly doable in blues. Even though the 3rd boss has huge pauses in combat where people can regain mana and bandage. Yeh, bandaging. Remember that? It's what you do when you're on low health and not taking damage.

Back to the OP, yes AK is tricky stuff, the first boss requires some AoE, and most importantly, a DPS switch on the adds. The trash after the 2nd boss can also be some tricky pulls, the trick is not to skip any and pull patrols first. And also not stand in the fire.

Better make a 'update' and say that Loken indeed is relatively easy nowadays, seriously most of the heroic groups I am in everyone have atleast 3 tier pieces and Valor - Conquest gear and we just burn through everything, but back when people weren't decked in decent gear, Loken WAS hard. Or rather, the only boss that could wipe groups more than once (wipes on other bosses, anywhere, being due to stupid mistakes, usually...). I think we wiped on him 3-4 times the first time I did HoL, shortly after reaching 80 for the second time, I was on a Holy Priest. When we finally got him down I were just wondering how anything but a Holy (group healer) priest could heal through it.
    Maybe we just messed up on movement, can't remember really.
    Besides, a blue post mentioned Loken being the hardest 5man boss anyway

i saw lokjen... i didnt really see what they said but im a shaman and i popped bloodlust at the beginning of the fight and we killed him before it timed out so yea... not too hard... we also had nature resist totem so we could withstand the nova and we had a good healer... but yea... he was down insanely quick... but yea he was hard before everyone got good gear and that was definitely the most wipe inducing boss imo
    That you're offended becuase of such a stupid reason as someone suggesting implementing a custom used in the west world, of which it's history and mythology Warcraft is mainly based upon offends me.

As a Pally healer, the hardest thing to heal in heroics right now, is the 3rd phase of black night in toc hc.
    One bad used global cooldown and someone will die! (note that im not bad geared tbh)
    Loken is easy, esp with a hunter or shaman for nature res totem, that makes the fight even more faceroll.
    Ahn'kahet is one of the more anoying instances, but tbh, i only do it when its the daily, and then i skip 2 of the bosses. Noone should have problems with the last boss anymore, and i usually get the timed achievment, even in pretty bad pugs.

I heal through heroic loken :P

Pre nerf heroic MGT at 70 anyone?

No 5man heroics are any hard. they can all be done, 3man..

the hardest heroic (you just said heroic, not 5man) is ToGC
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Everyone of you is taking this way too serious... I was just joking about how much the group sucks, and I think that ToC is ez mode, and the hardest is... I dunno xD

oh and I put my armroy link on my first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiruru
    Everyone of you is taking this way too serious... I was just joking about how much the group sucks, and I think that ToC is ez mode, and the hardest is... I dunno xD

oh and I put my armroy link on my first post.
    Occulus is the worst by far to pug imo, noone ever knows how to use the drakes
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]