Thread: Suggestions

Suggestions

I think that my gear for the most part is ok, but i feel like i can be doing more DPS. I was wondering if anybody could give me any suggestions for gems or enchants that i could use.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...dorei&n=Kaorin

^ my armory profile.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Suggestions

move your nightmare tear to you helmet for another +4 str.. thats all i can see.

once they fix the 2 piece bonus you'l see alot more dps as well
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

15+ Year Old Account

UHHHH MY E-PEEN is so harddddddd.

Go back to 8.5 4 piece and when T9 2 piece works and it is worth it to equip the lowest Ilvl of T9, put a 10 Str/10 Crit gem in the helm. 18Str/10Crit >>> 20 Str.

Smells like a troll who wants to brag about [Death's Verdict] and the fact that you are 4pc T9.

Honestly, 4pc T9 is not suggested for any faction/race of paladin unless you are forced into Strength gear. You opted to use your Nightmare Tear in your gloves for a 4 Str bonus but didn't take the 8 Str bonus from your helm or your 6 Str bonus from your legs.

Boot enchant should be 32 AP. 32AP>24Crit.

Unless you are clueless about FCFS, your DPS should be excellent.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

I'm honestly not trying to brag, i just saw my dps go down some so i figured i was doing something wrong.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Smells like a troll who wants to brag about [Death's Verdict] and the fact that you are 4pc T9.

Honestly, 4pc T9 is not suggested for any faction/race of paladin unless you are forced into Strength gear. You opted to use your Nightmare Tear in your gloves for a 4 Str bonus but didn't take the 8 Str bonus from your helm or your 6 Str bonus from your legs.

Boot enchant should be 32 AP. 32AP>24Crit.

Unless you are clueless about FCFS, your DPS should be excellent.
    Again, you don't put the tear in the helm.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by K.O.
    I'm honestly not trying to brag, i just saw my dps go down some so i figured i was doing something wrong.
    Because the 2 piece doesn't work and the 4 piece is garbage. Go back to 8.5 4 piece until 3.2.2 or until you are swimming in 245+ ilvl items.

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    Again, you don't put the tear in the helm.
    Feel free to explain something that I have never read before on any forum. It seems pretty straightforward that 8Str>4Str.

Is this because the helm socket bonus is so good that you should be making it with a hybrid gem instead (ie. Inscribed Ametrine)?

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Feel free to explain something that I have never read before on any forum. It seems pretty straightforward that 8Str>4Str.
    Already did in the first post I made but I'll do it again.

Put a 10 Str/10 Crit gem in the helm. 18Str and 10crit is > than 20 Str. You put the tear in a different item that will net you another Str bonus of 6 or 4.

Already did in the first post I made but I'll do it again.

Put a 10 Str/10 Crit gem in the helm. 18Str and 10crit is > than 20 Str. You put the tear in a different item that will net you another Str bonus of 6 or 4.

Makes sense. While my previous post was not a suggestion to use it in the helm as I myself don't, I would have only assumed that that is the reason why.

Alright, thanks for the suggestions, I'll go and regem my gear later. I really only get advice from the fury warriors/rogues in my guild for melee so i'm a bit out of the loop about what to get sometimes in ret.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by K.O.
    Alright, thanks for the suggestions, I'll go and regem my gear later. I really only get advice from the fury warriors/rogues in my guild for melee so i'm a bit out of the loop about what to get sometimes in ret.
    OUCH! Only thing warriors have in common with ret is that they take our Str gear. Rogues have even less in common, plus, they are rogues. Don't listen to them. Come to MMO pally forums, we'll take care of you.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

15+ Year Old Account

UHHHH MY E-PEEN is so harddddddd.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature