Talent choices for an Offtankadin

I have been fiddling aroun with different builds and wares to get some feedback. Divine sacrifice and divine guardian seem pretty much mandatory, but it seems as if the main boost is the buff to sacred shield, seeing how divine protection dumps aggro. I'm not having any problems as our off tank with taking too much damage. I was wondering if it might be a good trade to pick up three points in Reckoning instead.

Also, I am about to drop some points from ret for SoTP for the added damage. I therefore won't e able to reach sanctity of battle in the ret tree but will I've three points available for conviction. I am wondering if pursuit of justice might be with picking up to grab adds faster.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...l&n=Thirtyrock

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Talent choices for an Offtankadin

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock
    I have been fiddling aroun with different builds and wares to get some feedback. Divine sacrifice and divine guardian seem pretty much mandatory, but it seems as if the main boost is the buff to sacred shield, seeing how divine protection dumps aggro. I'm not having any problems as our off tank with taking too much damage. I was wondering if it might be a good trade to pick up three points in Reckoning instead.

Also, I am about to drop some points from ret for SoTP for the added damage. I therefore won't e able to reach sanctity of battle in the ret tree but will I've three points available for conviction. I am wondering if pursuit of justice might be with picking up to grab adds faster.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...l&n=Thirtyrock
    Not to sound like an ass or anything, but Divine Shield or Hand of Protection, not Divine Protection, drops your aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Not to sound like an ass or anything, but Divine Shield or Hand of Protection, not Divine Protection, drops your aggro.
    Good point, well you know what I meant. What about the talent changes?

15+ Year Old Account

Good point, well you know what I meant. What about the talent changes?
    If you're OTing fights, it'd be best to stay with the staple Prot-threat build- Depending on what content you are doing and who your MT is, some talents (like Crusade against DUH mobs in ToC) provide huge amounts of TPs.

If you're OTing fights, it'd be best to stay with the staple Prot-threat build- Depending on what content you are doing and who your MT is, some talents (like Crusade against DUH mobs in ToC) provide huge amounts of TPs.
    can you link me that build?
    And still what would you do with divine sacrifice/guardian V reckoning?

15+ Year Old Account

Most of the responses will be along the lines of telling you what causes the most threat(Conviction/Crusade build), and that SotP isnt as good. As an OT i find Dsac to be vital, especially in Hardmodes. The sacred shield buff is good too, though.

Currently, since we have limited problems with threat messing around with SotP and such aren't of too much concern.

If you can hold aggro, while mitigating the most amount of damage that you're capable of, I see no reason why you can't mess around with your spec. I mean, it's your toon and it's always fun to try new things.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

10+ Year Old Account

And still what would you do with divine sacrifice/guardian V reckoning?
    Divine sacrifice plus Divine Shield can abosorb a good chunk of raid damage on fights like XT, Faction Champs, and Anub'arak. Reckoning is pretty useless for tanking IMO
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Aerikaya
    Divine sacrifice plus Divine Shield can abosorb a good chunk of raid damage on fights like XT, Faction Champs, and Anub'arak. Reckoning is pretty useless for tanking IMO
    Just be careful with Champs, as you CAN and WILL have your bubbled dispelled or Shattered by the enemy NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerikaya
    my guild is not raiding ToC yet. We are actually just starting through Ulduar, nowhere near hardmodes, I am worried that if I used divine shield and sacrifice I would lose my tanking assigment. On fights with only one tank needed I can use hand of sacrifice on MT or anyone else I choose plus divine shield and probably reduce more damage ON THAT TARGET, though not on the raid as a whole.

Right now I'm talenting for fun plus utility, not for max threat or max damage reduction because I am having NO problems in those areas. That's why I think pursuit of justice and rekoning might be good. That's not to say I am not listenig to advice, just not too concerned about maxing out threat/DR

15+ Year Old Account

Just be careful with Champs, as you CAN and WILL have your bubbled dispelled or Shattered by the enemy NPCs.
    Happened to me. The priest was dead and I was like, "ok, bubble, Dsac.....*shattered* WTF!!!" Friggin warriors. Also had it dispelled before, which is why I wait for Priest to be dead, and if warrior is still up, to start his Whirlwind. As this is the most dmg he'll be doing to raid and also wont shattering throw at me.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.