Poll: Which gaming console is the best/provides the most fun?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Best gaming console EVER!?

Quote Originally Posted by Nd
    Care to explain why? I mean, the top 2 games for it are like Mario 64 and Zelda, both of which were better on SNES AND NES. Maybe for Goldeneye ? Lol
    While both of those we're good games, I wasn't that big a fan of goldeneye.

There's much more like Vigilante 8, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Pokemon Stadium.
    Now, I've explained why.

SNES, omg the memories!

In terms of the most amusement I ever got out of one, I'd say the Panasonic 3DO. Star Control 2 was the one game I could never get bored with.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I still hold the 360 in highest regards for best console. I have no clue how I even withstood the horrible graphics of the snes, dreamcast, ps1 or n64 :3

Wii!!!!!!!!!!!! easy choice
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporatik
    I don't want my nice suede chair to smell like ass and nutsack.
    Photoshopshit: http://s635.photobucket.com/albums/uu80/Dakung_01/?albumview=slideshow

Snes, I can't really come up with anything better than the masterpiece that it is. I'll let Screwattack do it for me:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/to...ewattack/31740
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/to...ewattack/32570

Quote Originally Posted by Terlig
    from wiki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games

There are currently 720 (exclusive: 118'; multiplatform: 528; console exclusive: 74) games on this list

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tation_3_games

There are currently 557 (exclusive: 159; non exclusive: 395; console exclusive: 9; trophy support: 224; no trophy support: 231; eventual trophy support: 2)

And check please those exclusives, don't like to flame here, but there are MORE awesome exclusives for PS3.
    Xbox: 118 exclusive to xbox and 74 exclusive to the console (so they also appear on PC) = 192 that no other console has.
    PS3: 159 + 9 = 168 that no other console has.

Math fail? Also, even if there were more exclusives, it doesn't mean that the games are better. In fact I rather doubt that to be the case, the Xbox has more games and more games that I would (and do) play.

I own both systems, so does my flatmate, and another guy I live with owns only an xbox 360, altho he has free access to both of our PS3's. All three of us would vote Xbox 360. Why? Partly it's the games, there's more choice and simply more of the games we prefer, altho admittedly Halo 3 initially was a major part of the reasoning, I cannot tell you how many awesome late nights we had playing Halo LAN games or even online deathmatches. That said, since switching to CoD4, I hate Halo, but that's probably because I haven't practices in a while and I suck at it now. Games like Dead Rising, Viva Pinata (I know, gay kids game, but it's unlike anything else out there) Gears of War, Crackdown, and Mass Effect that are all really cool and only on XBox.

I've never felt compelled to play my PS3, it collects dust or plays the odd blu-ray. My flatmate installed linux and streams movies from his laptop. None of the exclusives make me wanna play, I hate Metal Gear (Splinter Cell is waaaay better, wtb SC:Conviction!), Killzone (the first one) looked and played like a knock off of Gears, altho the 2nd one pulled it back graphically, and a ton of the other exclusives seem to be sports games (NBA, MLB) that just don't interest me regardless of platform. Either that or they are jap games made purely for the PS3. About the only games that would have pulled me to the PS3 were FF13 and Res Evil 5, and they're both on Xbox 360.

What it boils down to (for me personally) is that the XBox has more games that I would play, it has more exclusive's that I would play, it has a much better achievement system, and far and away the best online experience of any console ever.

Sure it breaks down. I'm lucky enough to only have had one red ring, it was fixed promptly and for free. My flatmate has had four, but he still prefers his Xbox for the reasons I prefer mine.

And I don't mean to turn this into an Xbox vs PS thread, they are both great consoles, and honestly it saddens me that the PS3's potential that we all know is there isn't being realised by developers, that it's online functions and game exclusives aren't being supported as well by Sony as Microsoft are doing with the Xbox.

Also, while I enjoyed virtually every console (and handheld, which shouldn't really be on the list) since I started playing games 20yrs ago, I don't agree with this idea that older consoles are better. They felt better because they were new, and in this day and age we are spoilt rotten by our past experiences and our games, and anyone who would rather own and play an older console than one of the newer ones is letting that nostalgia cloud their minds. Online play alone blows the shit out of any past game.

TL;DR Too bad, you missed out on a thread where someone actually talks sense ;D

it's not 'nostalgia' when you still play the consoles and games -.-

i have 4 classic consoles (which are in a custom built cabinet) plugged into my tv through an RGB scart switcher atm.

the last 3 games i played on my TV were Vandal Hearts, Real Bout Garou Densetsu Special: Dominated Mind and Jet Set Radio.
    Mannoroth nodded. "The warrior shows much promise... I would see more of his kind, learn their potential..." WoTA

gee thx Brox...

Question: Which gaming console is the best/provides the most fun?
    The best differs from providing fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by yor7
    : : :

Well, I think the Dreamcast was a very nice console.

It has been realeased 98/99 and for this time technic was just great like Webbrowser/Fishing controller(it was moveable like the wii)/Lightninggun/Keyboard and mouse/Dreameye (webcam like ps2 eye toy)/Dreamcast mic and a bunch more....

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Specops
    I still hold the 360 in highest regards for best console. I have no clue how I even withstood the horrible graphics of the snes, dreamcast, ps1 or n64 :3
    Because graphics does not improve over time. Hm? Development goes forward -> Better Hardware -> Can support more complex graphical engines -> Better visuals

A console shouldn't be judged by it's hardware, but rather by the games that made that particular console. This generation consoles have not yet provided us with all the games and thus we can't really judge them yet. Who knows if there will be a game for the PS3 that will crush all other competition? Or that the new Halo: Reach will be the proclaimed best fps of this generation? That's at least my opinion.

The SNES clearly gets my vote. It was well developed with nice basic interface and controls. The games provided to the console was many and are even today considered top of the line (remember all the re-releases of SNES games to the DS?). It had a vast variation of games and some of them I can still find myself enjoying even today, almost 20 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Specops
    Next generation will say the same thing about 360 and for the current consoles.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

10+ Year Old Account

This list is Auto-Fail.

NEC's masterpiece, the Turbo Duo isn't present.
    I am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by yor7
    Doesn't really change my opinion anyway

10+ Year Old Account

I voted NES.

Simply because the first game I ever played was Super Mario Brothers on the NES. IT WAS EPIC.

I also spent half my childhood on a gameboy, so that would be a close second. Third place would be Xbox 360

it wasent so mutch a console, more like 2 kinda remotes whit a little joystick, my dad bought it in 1978

blew my mind, played for months in a row whit my brother

http://worldofwarcraft.mmocluster.com/img_sig/92270.jpg
    (Signature image too large. Please resize it, and read the guidelines.)

Only one Ive ever played on for real, and owned was a NES, had alot of hours on it back in my younger days.. Since we got our first PC, a 133MHz Windows 95 computer bought from Microsoft I havent owned a Console.. ;D
    And damn I wont play on a console anymore.. Computer wins always.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien
    Xbox: 118 exclusive to xbox and 74 exclusive to the console (so they also appear on PC) = 192 that no other console has.
    PS3: 159 + 9 = 168 that no other console has.
    Math fail?
    Rather read fail. I Said "there are MORE awesome exclusives for PS3". I didn't say there are more exclusives ...
    InFamous, KZ2 (i spent really mich time playing on network), Uncharted which is for me masterpiece, MGS4 (ok, you don't like it, i enjoyed it soo much). LBA - multiplayer is so much fuun!, Renaissance 2 (1 is shitty though), those are all exclusives topping also game ratings.
    BD - just to add - i don't buy movies except on BD - quality i love on my big screen - and please don't say, that you can't see the difference ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfmBzllkbUM

*Equip flameproof shield*