Poll: Which gaming console is the best/provides the most fun?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Best gaming console EVER!?

Best machine? Dreamcast.
    Unless you count games in. Then it's the SNES. Games were way too awesome for the theoretical power of that machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxley
    Snes, unmistakenly.

Legend of zelda
    Super double dragon
    Secret of mana
    Chronotrigger
    super mario world

Snes 110%

I think the N64 was really good and had alot of good games, however I think that it had quite a few drawbacks (not that none of the others didn't) in that the Analog sticks hurt your fingers like hell, and you'd sometimes have to choose between what felt to me, as the weirdest hand positions ever. The Graphics were good, but it just seem that the textures wern't all that fantastic and they covered up the pixels with excessive use of fog. To the stuff that you can't cover up with fog? Well, we'll blur it instead! That said, Goldeneye on it's own pretty much made the console, not to mention Perfect Dark, Mario 64 and Mario Cart 64.

Personally I chose the PS1 as my nostalgia value with it is greater. I remember the 1st time I got Tomb Raider 1, seeing that giant T-Rex coming at me from a distance... I remember the 1st time I found out the truth as to what happened to Nanaki's Father (FFVII) and the the 1st time I went through the corridor of corpses after the gas filled room in Metal Gear Solid.

Ah memories.

Where are you Commodore 64?

Quote Originally Posted by Loxley
    Snes, unmistakenly.

Legend of zelda
    Super double dragon
    Secret of mana
    Chronotrigger
    super mario world

Snes 110%
    Don't forget FF3 and Earthbound!

Invested in a USB controller and some emulating software and fired up the old Super Mario All Stars (SNES)... Can't beat the classics. By todays standards (platforming anyway...) Super Mario was brutal. There is none of this 'checkpoint in the middle of the level' crap, lose all your lives? Start from the beginning of the world douche! It's like playing my childhood. I <3 you SNES!

Recommend it, I've been happily emulating all week. And I've cured my WoW addiction! Though not my MMOC addiction... yet!

Quote Originally Posted by darkfireyguy
    Zelda: The Ocarina of Time was one of the best games I have ever played. Plus all of the other games I wasted my childhood on made it a great console

Tough choice really...I wish I could've picked more, but I went with Snes.

My favorites:
    NES: Really changed console gaming as a whole. Started the mario franchise and had some of the most memorable games of all time.

SNES: Basically a better version of the NES. Also, the controller is now what pretty much ever game controller is based off of.

N64: Definitely some of the best games ever. Goldeneye, Mario Kart, SSB, NFL Blitz, etc. The first (maybe?) to have 4 controller ports, making gaming a bigger group activity. Only downside was the controller. Crappy joystick, the C buttons, inconvenient (and often useless) D Pad...I just straight hated that controller - the Z button was cool though.

PS/PS2: Personal nostalgia... I didn't have any Nintendo consoles. I liked alot of the games - and memory cards were a plus. The later controllers had built in vibration, and were maybe the first to do so - as well as the first wireless controllers I used. PS2's ability to play PS1 games was something that Nintendo should've done much sooner. Also the first (again...maybe?) to have a built in DVD player. Unfortunately, PS2 didn't offer much more in gameplay features other than much improved graphics.

XBOX 360: Did wonders for online gaming, and is far better than the PS3 in my opinion. Great controllers (after they fixed those god awful original ones).

Sega Gamegear (not on list): Best handheld system for its time. Its graphics were much better than the Gameboy's and it had a backlit screen - something that Nintendo didn't add for like 10 more years. Sure it was big and clunky - but worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruberchoice
    who lomg untill its fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky
    Sega Gamegear (not on list): Best handheld system for its time. Its graphics were much better than the Gameboy's and it had a backlit screen - something that Nintendo didn't add for like 10 more years. Sure it was big and clunky - but worth it.
    I was trying so hard to think of this one. added.
    RIP Knight-Lieutenant Nosredneh; LvL 70 Dwarf Retribution Paladin, Vanilla-End BC.

1st ever Epic- http://www.wowhead.com/?item=11726 (lvl 56, won over a hunter.)
    followed by
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=19323 when I dinged 60.

tough choice between snes and n64, both had such amazing games

Deleted

PlayStation gave me FF7 so it's an easy choice.

Quote Originally Posted by vandroy
    PlayStation gave me FF7 so it's an easy choice.
    Snes because FF6 is far superior.

Sega Genesis all the way. Mine is still plugged in.
    Sonic was not as good as Mario. But it had Toe Jam and Earl is my all time favorite game. Lost Vikings to my knowledge first console game with more the 2 players, with the multi tap. General choas, always fun. Also upgrade able, Sega cd and 32x. Never had either but always thought it was a neat feature.

Reepicheap

I voted Virtual Boy because.

ITT: 19(and counting) newfags who actually think xbox 360 is worth a shit. Lulz.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

15+ Year Old Account

Dreamcast. I luff my dreamcast. You would've done so well if you had just come out well before the playstation!

Sega Megadrive, GameGear and the N64 are all awesome.

Tough choice between the classic Nintendo systems...

Voted N64 just because It is most likely what got me into gaming even though i played the hell out of my Sega and SNES.

Quote Originally Posted by Sien
    Snes because FF6 is far superior.
    This. Final fantasy VI is superior in every way to Final Fantasy VII.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddeye
    This. Final fantasy VI is superior in every way to Final Fantasy VII.
    This. Anyone who started their FF days with 7 missed out on some epic games. 7 sucked imo, too much emo-ness. But I did <3 9.

Voted N64.. OOT = Greatest Game Ever!

Elitist Group addon. Tells you what GS won't!