Poll: Which gaming console is the best/provides the most fun?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Best gaming console EVER!?

Zelda: Ocerina of Time was the best game of all time imo

N64 all the way

^ sorry if i miss-spelled :

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    ITT: 19(and counting) newfags who actually think xbox 360 is worth a shit. Lulz.
    It's only because they didn't get to enjoy the wonders of Nintendo in the past. I feel sorry for them, to be honest. :P

Anyways, I used to be such a huge Super Mario fan (he's still my favorite gaming character, and his brother, because, well, they are simply two of the most original and awesome characters to have been made ever.). So NES, SNES and N64 are obvious choices. I also loved the Gameboys. Nintendo made a lot of my favorite games: Super Mario, Donkey Kong, the Kirby games, Legend of Zelda, Pokèmon (yes, it is fun for some of us), and so on. There's so much more as well. Luckily, most of the old awesome games are download-able on the Wii. ;D

I also loved the classic Sonic-games on the Sega Mega Drive.

Anyways, I went with SNES, since most of my good old memories from my childhood comes from that.

(Oh, also, the Final Fantasy games are nice. But I like the old-school ones the most (1-6).)

Where is Colecovision?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ColecoVision

I played that shit forever, my first console, had all kind of addons you rarely see these days (steering wheel and other shit) other then the Wii which has a bunch of addons.

Dreamcast.

Jet Set Radio = Best game... ever.
    Characters:
    http://pewpewboom.zer.googlepages.com/zer%27scharacter2

I would say its a tie with, PS 1-3, Sega Saturn, N64, and genesis (first console I ever bought)

Also missing Missing a few other consoles there such as the Sega Saturn, Odyssey, Intellivision, Colecovision, Neo Geo. etc. :P
    "For if men needed speech in order to learn to think, they had a still greater need for knowing how to think in order to discover the art of speaking"

PS1. My favorite game of all time handsdown was on this console.. Legend of Mana. Love the entire Mana series, but LoM was my favorite. It's where I get my toon name from, tbh. Also, games like Musashi, Thousand Arms, FF:Tactics, etc. N64 is a very close second, but PS1 will always be my favorite.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by darkfireyguy
    N64

Zelda: The Ocarina of Time was one of the best games I have ever played.
    ^^this

without a doubt .. its the snes

secret of mana & terranigma .. best rpgs ever made

SNES was amazing, still is. Link to the Past, Secret of Mana, FF4/6. Need I say more?

10+ Year Old Account

SNES ftw. i still play mine occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

I feel bad for the ones who voted Xbox and Xbox 360.... they have no idea.

Elitist Group addon. Tells you what GS won't!

SNES. Loved the sports games on there, especially the hockey ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Savarea
    I feel bad for the ones who voted Xbox and Xbox 360.... they have no idea.
    Yep, sad really...

All the xbox was ever good for to me was, when over at a friends house, I discovered the mechwarrior franchise. Beyond that, completely worthless.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

All the xbox was ever good for to me was, when over at a friends house, I discovered the mechwarrior franchise.
    Took that long before discovering it? Too bad, Mechwarrior on my insane 33mhz Rig (circa 1992) was the best.

15+ Year Old Account

Snes. Behold the magic of nintendo. Games doesn't work? *blows on cartridge* voila! magic...

Yep, sad really...

All the xbox was ever good for to me was, when over at a friends house, I discovered the mechwarrior franchise. Beyond that, completely worthless.
    Not at all. With a modded XBOX you were able to play SNES Games on it! So not worthless! ;D

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by fiziix
    your all saying these old consoles, but have u actually gone back and replayed them? 2 years back i bought a snes and an n64 off ebay with some classic game, street fighter 2 turbo and goldeneye etc, pants! after playing the new consoles, they just dont compare any more..

xbox 360 gets my vote, even tho i sold it to get a ps3 (for the blu ray).
    Yes, I do go back and play on my older consoles. It happens every now and then, when I decide to break from WoW or feeling like remembering when I was younger.

Get over the nostalgia please. Yes, the Mario Franchise was great. Yes, I still play Mario Kart 64 with my girlfriend sometimes. Yes, Golden Eye is what made FPS' happen.

But seriously, the newer consoles are simply a lot better. Are you a Mario nostalgic? Go play Super Mario Galaxy on the Wii, you'll LOVE it. You liked good ol' reckless driving games like Twisted Metal? Go try Motorsport on the PS3, it's lots of fun! (though no guns)

For me, the best gaming console ever is my PC.

ATARI

WHERE IS THE LOVE
    "Because of all the days that have passed, We are who we are."

10+ Year Old Account

I'm sorry, but the 360 has no right to be called the best console ever. Any console that is highly prone to total hardware failure is just fail.

My vote goes to the almighty SNES. The games were fantastic, and were actually designed to be fun and entertaining, unlike alot of the games nowadays that seem to focus more on graphics and fancy physics than actual gameplay.

Oh, and I can't believe people left this game out of their list of awesome SNES games: Star-fucking-Fox.

Yup, kids don't know how easy games are today. I say make them play the hard course on Star Fox. I can't think of many other things in video games that are as brutal as that.