Thread: OH Weapon

OH Weapon

I just did uld 10 today and got razorscale talon and was wondering if i should replace my OH that is now librarian's papper cutter with it altho its a slow weapon. My MH is the 1h Aledar's battlestar from toc5 man. i am combat btw.

Re: OH Weapon

if i had any of those i wouldnt b posting here. >.<

im guessing to just stay wid papper cutter since its fast and razorsclae talon is slow. just wanted some1's input

Quote Originally Posted by Orel
    except there is a mace/dagger build that is actually doing really well so you fail.
    Except for the fact that he has librarian's paper cutter which means that he in no way shape or form can make that build work.

Come 3.2.2, mace/dagger is almost exactly equal to axe/axe.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Detheroc&n=Smacklepuff

y all the hate? i just asked a simple yes it can work or no it cant question and first post is flame. >.< paper cuttre is a garbage weapon so i thought even wid a slow weap like razorscale talon that my dps had a chance to increase.

Deleted

fyi;
    current BIS is mace MH and dagger OH.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Marest
    fyi;
    current BIS is mace MH and dagger OH.
    Only if you can hit the hard ArP cap.
    Before then, it's inferior to any single weapon spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Wadlez
    y all the hate? i just asked a simple yes it can work or no it cant question and first post is flame. >.< paper cuttre is a garbage weapon so i thought even wid a slow weap like razorscale talon that my dps had a chance to increase.
    Sorry no one really answered your question. What you really should do is get a spreadsheet, PLEASE! Changing to sword spec and putting razorscale's talon in the main hand with the paper cutter offhand may be better than your battlestar/lpc.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Detheroc&n=Smacklepuff

To keep from gimping your spec you need to stick to Mace/Mace, Fist/Dagger, or Sword/Sword.

I recently had the same "issue" and solved it by using Razorscale Talon and going and spending about 1,500G and picking up Avool's Sword of Jin for my Off hand. You would never want to mix up weapons IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    To keep from gimping your spec you need to stick to Mace/Mace, Fist/Dagger, or Sword/Sword.

I recently had the same "issue" and solved it by using Razorscale Talon and going and spending about 1,500G and picking up Avool's Sword of Jin for my Off hand. You would never want to mix up weapons IMO.

Not necessarily true. I'd been running CQC with Calamity's Grasp MH and Webbed Death OH for a long time now. The other day, I got an OH sword from Uld10 that no one wanted (It was off Iron Council, 1.4 speed, don't remember the name of it). I used my spreadsheet and found that using that sword in place of the Webbed Death and moving the one point I had in Elusiveness (basically the throwaway talent in the Combat tree) into Hack and Slash, that it was an upgrade for me DPS-wise. I've been running that combo since.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelke
    Not necessarily true. I'd been running CQC with Calamity's Grasp MH and Webbed Death OH for a long time now. The other day, I got an OH sword from Uld10 that no one wanted (It was off Iron Council, 1.4 speed, don't remember the name of it). I used my spreadsheet and found that using that sword in place of the Webbed Death and moving the one point I had in Elusiveness (basically the throwaway talent in the Combat tree) into Hack and Slash, that it was an upgrade for me DPS-wise. I've been running that combo since.
    I understand where you are coming from and I shouldn't have used the word NEVER. We all know that there are exceptions to everything BUT, in general, you should try to stick to those combinations UNLESS the upgrade is head and shoulders above the weapon you are currently using. Rune-Etched Nightblade is a upgrade over Webbed Death, but in his case we are talking about using a slow sword in his OH vs Librarian's Papercutter. I believe that for the most part we can agree that you are not comparing apples to apples.

He should use a Spreadsheet but I do not believe any spreadsheet would tell you that using 2 slow weapons AND them being mace/sword would be an upgrade. I suggested the BOE sword for a reason.

its very simple. Combat potency procs off your offhand. The faster the offhand you have the more energy you get which means more CB generation and more finishers. = more dps.

I would run EOE of the fast offhand there and use the sword as MH. Or just keep farming for a fast OH sword from ulduar or a fast axe.

Or if you are lucky you could get the axe and sword from from Anub in 10 toc. Both dropped my last run and i took the axe for my dk. If i was on my rogue i would have needed both for a perfect combat hack\slash weapon setup.