Thread: A Truce

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: A Truce

Quote Originally Posted by Exera
    78.87% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
    Thats statisticly proved.

first i'll say hello and second... i agree.
    there's a difference with the dk to all the other classes, you start at lvl 55 with a lot of new spells.
    I started a dk from opening day of wolk with the intent to make it my main.... and i did.

however just like everyone else, i had very little idea about the mechanics and inner workings of the class. Heck i did a lot of mistakes trying to learn it, everyone did. The initial learning curve of the dk was a little steep.

Having said that, i think enough time has passed for some dk mains to have figured out the class quite well... too well in fact (hence the nerfs).

I also got the feeling that people didnt' want another class rolling on their loot, getting the raid spots etc... i know i definately got that as a tank main spec dk.

but all in all, i think people are changing their minds about dk's. lol

just takes time i guess :-\

I switched to a DK main from a dps warrior in 3.1. I recently tranferred to a high pop horde server for better opportunities to raid. On my new server there is definitely DK hate. For the 1st week on the server I was unguilded and had a hard time finding pugs. Id ask to join a group and id get. "You're a DK. You suck. We don't want any fail players in this raid". Id counter with. Check me out. If I don't perform. Boot me. So when I did find a group I showed them I could play. Also when id find a group people would always ask why I was unguilded or ask me to join their guild. I feel I help put out that there are good players who have DK's as their main. I luckily found a great guild who offers what I was looking for and also needed a dps DK.

Keep faith DK brothers and sisters. Once you do get in a group. Show them you know how to play. Give yourself and other DKs a good name.

It's just our turn.

That's the way it works, learn to deal with it.

Ret pallys got denied even regular group invite in TBC. We havn't seen a thing as far as humilation goes. Having to reroll and relearn? All our specs do the same thing. TBC for a pally was either Tanking or Healing, and more often than not Healing, because Pally tanks were like blasphemy.

i can see why people dont like the "death knight" and im fine with that..

i personally rolled a dk when my preist was 67, because i hated him.. healing bored me, and shadow didnt seem fun whatsoever
    i got my death knight to 80, and am one of my guild top dps, so i class myself in the "10% who can accualy play" according to some people. This is unfair and unkind, i know alot of people in my position wernt keen with their current class, and rolled a death knight to just try it out, and in most cases people love them! Yes, some dks are no good, some arnet, this is the same with ALL classes, and i class myself as one can play very well and be extremely useful in a raid. i also have a full set of tanking gear, and a pvp set and take part in arena also, death knights are VERY useful to have.

End all the hate, dks are people too

Solidshock

(please dont flame this post, this is fair opinion and i shall stick to it)

Quote Originally Posted by scrambles the dethdealer
    I play a Dk as my main and I almost rerolled when I saw a Belf DK named Sephiroth.
    There's at least one per server. It just depends if they end up on horde or alliance.