Thread: Taunts in Pvp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Taunts in Pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Chenz
    Death Grip is a taunt.
    Its more a mocking blow

Quote Originally Posted by Bravehearth
    They say taunting is immune to characters in pvp and is only usable on characters in pve but why is it that dks can use their taunt in pvp(which is death grip) and have the special effect of it pulling the target to them when paladins can taunt but do not get the damage out of it.
    Secondly why is death grip the only taunt that will have an effect even if looking at the target.
    Im ok with death grip is a pretty cheese ability with all the other dk mechanics but paladins should at least get their whole taunt including the damage
    The only reason you would be QQing is if you were trying to run away from a dk.
    As a pally the dk would be doing you a favor by using death grip he would put you in melee range.(unless holy ofc)
    It is not a taunt in pvp as it does not force you to attack the dk. So as everyone else pointed out there it is just a reverse of charge in pvp.

Edit: Reverse of charge without the stun effect.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    Paladins do not need any god damn buffs at the moment, quite the opposite.
    Just because you got your ass handed to you does not mean paladins are op, quite the opposite in fact when a paldin faces a warlock, mage, hunter, priest, or druid. Paladins are the weekest class when it comes to being CC"d atm because they have no real snares or gap closers. If anything paladins could use a small snare (say 25%) applied to their judgment of justice & a 2 second interrupt applied by their exorcism to help combat these classes.
    I would also say that paladins could use some sort of small stackable dispellible healing debuff similar to what frost mages have as well but frankly they would not be balanced unless it came with us loosing some of our healing ability as well.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by reac
    The only reason you would be QQing is if you were trying to run away from a dk.
    As a pally the dk would be doing you a favor by using death grip he would put you in melee range.(unless holy ofc)
    It is not a taunt in pvp as it does not force you to attack the dk. So as everyone else pointed out there it is just a reverse of charge in pvp.

Edit: Reverse of charge without the stun effect.
    charge is more acceptable to me because the dk clearly takes me off his teamate where as charge is a minor stun. but what im trying to say is some taunts have a special ability behind them and only dks get the benifit from theres. i dont see the logic behind it. Tbh i rather them not give taunt more dmg i would love for death grib to be gone

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    Just because you got your ass handed to you does not mean paladins are op, quite the opposite in fact when a paldin faces a warlock, mage, hunter, priest, or druid. Paladins are the weekest class when it comes to being CC"d atm because they have no real snares or gap closers. If anything paladins could use a small snare (say 25%) applied to their judgment of justice & a 2 second interrupt applied by their exorcism to help combat these classes.
    I would also say that paladins could use some sort of small stackable dispellible healing debuff similar to what frost mages have as well but frankly they would not be balanced unless it came with us loosing some of our healing ability as well.
    lolwut again ? .. just .. WOW

@ poeple that suggest taunts useable in PvP (change enemies targets)
    No, I think there is enough interrupts in arena.

Yeah I pretty much suck against ret pallies all the time.. Can't do much to one as feral, now can I?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    While i agree taunt effects should work in PvP (without any damage bonuses), it's fine as it is. I had a good chuckle a few days ago in AV where this DK, everytime he saw me, would Death Grip me, then promptly get turned into a corpse. Did it 4 times. The 5th time, i was heading past Stonehearth GY up towards the north, he did it again. Just as he was about to die, the game ended. I'd have thought he'd learn not to do it again after the first 4 times, but alas, some people never learn, and he was doing the same to me in Wintergrasp.

As you can see, it doesn't matter if you've got an ability such as Death Grip in PvP. If you've not got the brains to use some other abilities afterwards, then why do it in the first place?

Like i said, while taunts in PvP would be nice (forcing a player to attack you for x seconds), it's not needed. It'd be especially cool as a Paladin against melee as it'd be free mana from BoSanc.
    I had the same experience in Wintergrasp and AB a few times recently, when fighting a DK near
    those small cliffs/plateau outsite the keep in WG or some cliffs in AB, if i slipped down from them
    or i was below him and out of range, he just put me back in range to kill him off (usually, unless they
    are wearing just furious+relentless), so far it´s been to my advantage and giggle.
    Gotta love when they serve themselves on a platter!

p.s. i would love it hand of reckoning would work better in pvp, just the damage is
    fine, or make it into an interrupt in pvp with no damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorte
    @ poeple that suggest taunts useable in PvP (change enemies targets)
    No, I think there is enough interrupts in arena.
    there are tons of snares, stuns, CC, feins, etc etc taunts in pvp would be annoying overkill

ok let me explane

death knight has 2 taunts. 1 that just tuants and 1 pulls and forces the enemy to attack you. ( not realy a tuant but ill list it anyway )

paladin has 2 taunts. 1 that taunts 3 people 1 that deals holy damage + a taunt. let me explane this a little better

a tuant affect is removed from the global cooldown. this was dun to help tanks grab threat the second they tuant so they can get the mobs back. just think if the tank taunted and had to wait 1.5 seconds to gain any threat. now that wouldnt be good would it. now in the way all these other taunts work is simply by geting the mob on them or somthing OTHER than damage. ONLY ONE TAUNT DEALS DAMAGE - thats right you guest it ( the pally one )

so since its off the cooldown and has ( 0.5 points of holy damage per 1 point of ap ) that means you can tie that into any other spell that is instant cast you want. now i tested this myself beffor i made this post. here is the example

paladin wants higher burst ( an i win button if you will )... the pally makes the following macro

#showtooltip exorcism
    /cast exorcism
    /cast ( taunt here - forgot the name )

the pally waits for an AW prock for instant exorcism he casts it with the taunt off cooldown. this will cause bothe to hit the target at the same time. now i wanted to see the amount of damage i got over 10 casts

test 1 - 2,250( hit ) - 2,007 ( hit )

total damage delt - 4,257

test 2 - 3,940 ( crit ) - 2,114 ( hit )

total damage delt - 6,054

test 3 - 3,806 ( crit ) - 2,076 ( hit )

total damage delt - 5,882

test 4 - 2,486 ( hit ) - 1,903 ( hit )

total damage delt - 4,389

test 5 - 2,357 ( hit ) - 1,904 ( hit )

total damage delt - 4,451

test 6 - 2,370 ( hit ) - 1,903 ( hit )

total damage delt - 4,273

test 7 - 2,396 ( hit ) - 1,903 ( hit )

total damage delt - 4,229

test 8 - 2,355 ( hit ) - 2,855 ( crit )

total damage delt - 5,221

test 9 - 3,628 ( crit ) -2,017 ( hit )

total damage delt - 5,645

test 10- 2,303 ( hit ) - 2,018 ( hit )

total damage delt - 4,321

double crit - 3,628 ( crit ) - 2,855 ( crit )

total damage - 6,483

as you can see - for paladins having the taunt do damage to will be way to much damage going out and this could happen posibly every 15 seconds with a very very low mana cost...

the short answer is no....

and on a more personal note --- the op said it wouldnt be OP ( excuse the pun ) because prollys do not have much ap ( does anyone els see the irony in that statment? )

1) Paladins had to deal with ppl beating on there target while taunting and waiting for the mob to run back for a long time. Not until patch 3.2 i think did it begin to do damage. Half you people are getting the point of this thread. Its not to allow taunts to actually taunt, its to gain the extra ability that follows with it

Quote Originally Posted by zcks
    Just because you got your ass handed to you does not mean paladins are op, quite the opposite in fact when a paldin faces a warlock, mage, hunter, priest, or druid. Paladins 4 shot them all. If anything paladins could use NO snare applied to their judgment of justice & NO 2 second interrupt applied by their exorcism to help combat these classes.
    I would also say that paladins could use NO sort of small stackable dispellible healing debuff similar to what frost mages have as well but frankly they would not be balanced unless it came with us loosing some of our healing ability as well.
    Because 1v1 is balanced.

OH HAI LETS JUST GIVE PALLIES A WAY TO NEVER DIE IN 1V1 PVP.

Oh wait, bubble hearth. GG