Vengeance of the Forsaken vs Mirror of Truth

I havent had much luck with trinket drops ever, but recently got Vengeance of the Forsaken. However, since I was already expertise capped without it, it becomes unclear which trinket is actually better.

I spent 10 mins on the dummy with both Trinkets and Vengeance of the Forsaken was 200dps better. However, dummy numbers without raid buff etc, tends to be an unrealiable guage.
    Maxdps.com says its the better trinket.
    However, RAWR shows the Mirror is the better item. And since Im already expertise capped the 83 expertise is wasted from the Forsaken trink.
    Further wouldnt a the proc of 1000ap every 45secs lasting 10 secs, be better than a trink on USE for 1075 AP every 2mins lasting 20secs?

Re: Vengeance of the Forsaken vs Mirror of Truth

I'll just point out one little thing:
    Each time you strike an enemy, you gain 215 attack power. Stacks up to 5 times. Entire effect lasts 20 sec.
    Let's asume that you'd hit mob every 1 sec, it's 5 sec to get full stack, and you're left with 15sec on timer of that buff...
    Does that sounds great?
    Not for me, and i play rogue, FAST hitter.

elitistjerks.com

forum section,rogue section,download adrianas spreadsheet.

plug ur gear in,check ur self which one is better,

noone here can tell u better than that which one is better than the other.

also use shadowpanther.net for a more generic opinion.

but as a general rule stick to the spreadsheet.

Expertise that overcaps you is completely worthless which is why RAWR shows mirror being better because not only does the crit effect you but the AP proc is more effective AP than the Vengeance of the Forsaken. So until you need the trinket to expertise cap you stick with mirror.

elitistjerks.com

You are a moron if you need spreadsheets and websites to tell you which piece of gear is more beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfader
    elitistjerks.com

Paladins forum...
    Epic phail?

By eyeballing it I would think that the Mirror was obviously the better trinket, however since my Dummy test didnt confirm that I had to bring the question here. Thanks for the opinions.

about the spreadsheet fail guy,if u dont use spreadsheets when available to u then u sir are a moron,the guy came here asking for suggestion so u replying to him makes him less moron than consulting a spreadsheet,pls go back to ur cave.ty.and about the paladin forums,ok my bad front page click etc shit.

The spreadsheet is the best option for gauging rogue gear choices. Its the most accurate indicator rogues have, all Rawr is, is a spreadsheet they have set up for many different class'. The thing is Rawr is notoriously buggy and often inaccurate, go to EJ and download Aldriana's spreadsheet.

Im not a rogue however. So that doesnt really do me any good sadly.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sloppysecônd
    I havent had much luck with trinket drops ever, but recently got Vengeance of the Forsaken. However, since I was already expertise capped without it, it becomes unclear which trinket is actually better.

I spent 10 mins on the dummy with both Trinkets and Vengeance of the Forsaken was 200dps better. However, dummy numbers without raid buff etc, tends to be an unrealiable guage.
    Maxdps.com says its the better trinket.
    However, RAWR shows the Mirror is the better item. And since Im already expertise capped the 83 expertise is wasted from the Forsaken trink.
    Further wouldnt a the proc of 1000ap every 45secs lasting 10 secs, be better than a trink on USE for 1075 AP every 2mins lasting 20secs?
    yes its a bad trinket
    even if you need expertise it isnt in front of a lot of Blue trinket or even grimlol
    how much time did you test on the dummy with both trinket? 5-6min is the best
    Mirror is still top 8 trinket (hit and expertise capped)

To the rogue..
    like a great man, woman.. whatever, once said..
    Quote Originally Posted by Bron
    PALADIN FORUMS

I spent 5mins each with both trinkets twice. (ie 5mins with Vengeance of the Forsaken x2 and 5mins with Mirror x2). Both times Forsaken came ahead of Mirror. Even though everything points to the Mirror being better, I havent been able to produce that on the dumies yet, but maybe I need to do a longer test.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightfader
    wall of text
    My fail wasnt aimed at using spreadsheet, but at linkin rogue spreadsheet to paladin.
    I'm not stupid, i might be troll, but smart one

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    like a great man, woman.. whatever, once said..
    Proud of being Troll ;P

15+ Year Old Account

NEVER USE MAXDPS
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by badguyGB
    You are a moron if you need spreadsheets and websites to tell you which piece of gear is more beneficial.
    /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by Sloppysecônd
    I spent 5mins each with both trinkets twice. (ie 5mins with Vengeance of the Forsaken x2 and 5mins with Mirror x2). Both times Forsaken came ahead of Mirror. Even though everything points to the Mirror being better, I havent been able to produce that on the dumies yet, but maybe I need to do a longer test.
    This very well could be RNG, more crits during a proc duration, or something of the like. Thats why spreadsheets are so much better than just dummy testing.

Edit 2: http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t57156-r...ted_3_2_patch/

Quote Originally Posted by badguyGB
    Hence in the next xpac Blizzard is going to do item simplimization, yes yes? It's not easy to see which item is more beneficial than the other in a blink of an eye. Get your things right before you call people names.