High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Ideas for New Demo Spells.

Bored while in my Ulduar raid last night I was thinking about the Demonology talent tree. There are alot of great talents in the tree but the only real defining spells/abilites are Felguard and Metamorphosis. Some talents like Fel Domination and Mana Feed IMO should be baseline abilities instead of talents (they would need to be nerfed a little though).

Here are some of the ideas:

Shade
    Deep Demo, replaces Imp. Demonic Tactics (which would be merged with the regular Demonic Tactics).
    Whenever you or your demon scores a critical hit with an attack or spell, a shade is summoned for 15 seconds. The shade has 10% of your max health and is immune to physical attacks and AoE spells. The shade will follow the Warlock while casting his shady spells on your demon's target. You and your demon's critical hits reset the timer on the shade.

When timer is up the shade's remaining health is split between the Warlock and demon.
    If killed, the shade will place a Curse of Siphon Life on his assailant that drains 5% (of your max health) to be split between the Warlock and demon.

Shade abilities include:
    Minor Corruption: Priority cast
    Minor Shadowbolt: Casts only if corruption is up on the target.

Redone Metamorphosis

Lasts until cancelled, 10 second CD (Works the same as Druid forms(removes snares/roots). CD is to prevent PvP spam like the true shape shifting class.)
    Fuses the caster and his demon together (Demon is consumed and no longer controlled). This form increases your armor by 600%, and reduces the chance you'll be critically hit by melee attacks by 6%. You gain your demon's abilities in addition to your normal abilities. (No longer increases damage done, no longer reduces stun durations and does not force you to speak demonic.) With metamorphosis active threat from spells/abilities would be increased.

With this, Warlock could become a very viable tank.
    To AoE tank you would fuse with your Felguard giving you cleave and other tanking abilities that would be added from Metamorphosis.
    To Main Tank you would fuse with your VW giving you more tanking abilities and the addition of others.
    Or possibly allowing metamorphosis to only give certain abilities no matter what demon you're fused with.

Demonic Rage
    (name can change)
    Deep Demo: Channeled, 3min cooldown, costs Soul Shard.
    The warlock channels his/her soul into the demon, gaining direct control of the demon. Demonic Rage increases damage done by 100%, Movement speed by 30%, and Attack speed by 30%. While under the effect of Demonic Rage, all melee attacks and abilities hit up to 4 additional enemies. Can only use the summoned demon's attacks and abilities while channeled.
    Lasts 20 seconds or until canceled. All threat the warlock has generated has been transferred to the demon.
    *Warlock takes 50% less damage while channeling.

This ability should only be used with Felguard, any others it wouldn't be worth the cast. Demo rotation right now is pretty boring, this could add a little twist.

I'll add more later, or post other's ideas (any spec) and credit them ofc.
    Thanks for reading, please post any suggestions or ideas!
    Look at me! I have a signature!

Re: Ideas for New Demo Spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Koragos
    With this, Warlock could become a very viable tank.
    No.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Darklordace
    No.
    Don't know about your server, but mine seems to lack tanks or people that want to tank...

These are ideas, why waste your time with a one word answer when you have nothing to contribute.

i realy like the first one, shades are awesome
    only problem is that is doesnt make my a so boring demon rotation any more fun :/
    "I am the King of Rome, and above grammar."

Quote Originally Posted by Koragos
    Don't know about your server, but mine seems to lack tanks or people that want to tank...

These are ideas, why waste your time with a one word answer when you have nothing to contribute.
    You say the tanking spell has a three minute cooldown. How long does the actual form last? Neat idea, but I personally don't believe warlocks should ever become tanks...

15+ Year Old Account

Destruction warlocks are already tanking ! wtb more threat reduce

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by EpicPhoenix
    You say the tanking spell has a three minute cooldown. How long does the actual form last? Neat idea, but I personally don't believe warlocks should ever become tanks...
    Oops just noticed the 3 minute cooldown. Had copy pasted from wowhead.

Fixed a couple typos/mistakes and added new spell idea.

15+ Year Old Account

Shade is too complicated. It has to have a primary effect and a secondary effect that are easy to create or monitor by a player. Currently it has an "On Crit - Summon", "On Crit - Refresh", "On Death - Heal Player & Pet", "On Death - Apply Debuff", an entirely new spell for the debuff to work, and last but not least the player has no control over it other than cancelling (if thats even possible - can mages cancel mirror image?)

Meta will not happen. GC: "No, you won't get perma-meta. There are enough forms in the game as it is, and given that we aren't even sure Druid forms are done properly this is the absolute bottom of the priority list." He didn't say this exactly, but he did say "No Perma Meta"

Demonic Rage is too niche. Other than "lol im my pet", who would want to give up their entire repertoire of spells, the ability to move, and open themselves up to interrupts for, basically, Eyes of the Beast with an overpowered Blade Flurry/Flurry/Enrage? "It's for PVE" is not a good reason to add a new spell unless its needed on a game-changing level.

R.I.P. YARG