Deleted

When leveling a Priest - Improved Shadow Form and Misery

Hey there

Im leveling a Priest wich is lvl 41 atm.

Anyway i have a question about Improved Shadowform and Misery in the Shadow tree.

Improved Shadow Form:

Your Fade ability now has a 100% chance to remove all movement impairing effects when used while in Shadowform, and reduces casting or channeling time lost when damaged by 70% when casting any Shadow spell while in Shadowform.

Is this good while leveling? Im never using my fade ability and whats the point with the whole Channeling thing since your a Dotter and the only casting time spells you use is Mind Blast and Mind Flay - At least it is atm for me.

Misery

Your Shadow Word: Pain, Mind Flay and Vampiric Touch spells also increase the chance for harmful spells to hit by 3% lasting 24 sec, and increases the benefit from spell power gained by your Mind Blast, Mind Flay and Mind Sear spells by 15%.

What about that? Isnt that only any good for raiding?

Hope you can help me out a bit

Re: When leveling a Priest - Improved Shadow Form and Misery

Improved shadowform could be usable if you're lvling trough the pvp way later on, but for questing, screw it

Misery still gives you an increased small chance not to Miss when attacking and aswell it increases your SP from MB and MF, go for it imo

Quote Originally Posted by Leeroy-j
    Improved shadowform could be usable if you're lvling trough the pvp way later on, but for questing, screw it

Misery still gives you an increased small chance not to Miss when attacking and aswell it increases your SP from MB and MF, go for it imo
    ^ This

According to blizzard:

Paladins : Lovedolls

Priests : Swineflu

Yea, as far as Misery goes - you'll need it (or find it useful) if you see yourself killing mobs any higher levels than you. If you're always killing green mobs, it won't be a big deal.

Deleted

But harmfull spells? Whats that really? My dots and so on arent harmfull are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuuuu Drengen
    But harmfull spells? Whats that really? My dots and so on arent harmfull are they?
    Every spell thats not helping your enemy?
    Like, every spell that makes dmg and every spell that gives a debuff or something to your target.

Deleted

Every spell thats not helping your enemy?
    Like, every spell that makes dmg and every spell that gives a debuff or something to your target.
    I see...Thanks for filling me with Wisdom ;D

Ofc they are, anything thats bad for the target is a harmfull spell.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zeelian
    Ofc they are, anything thats bad for the target is a harmfull spell.
    Yeah sorry but somehow i read and see the word Harmfull as a "Oh dont worry its completely Harmfull so it cant hurt you"

wich is...the complete opposite

Deleted

improved shadowform should be taken imo on any server, if you rely on your dots only you will have a very long time to kill a mob. Shadow Word: Pain, Mind Blast, Mind Flay(maybe two times) = dead mob. Not loosing cast and channel is priceless to have fast kills. I used that build and soloed any damn elites i had to kill in all outland and beginning of northrend(stopped when reached dragonblight), those elites are something that seems impossible to solo with my rogue though. The PVP part: this talent is a must if you wanna survive on a pvp server.

Misery = one of the best things a priest can have... having the chance to miss reduced = kill mobs easyer and even kill higher lvl mobs. This is something not any class can do(i mean red lvl mobs)

Yeah sorry but somehow i read and see the word Harmfull as a "Oh dont worry its completely Harmfull so it cant hurt you"

you mean harmless.

harmful = full of harm = it hurts
    harmless = without harm = doesnt hurt
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Deleted

you confuse the words harmfull with harmless.
    Harm = Hurt(somehow a bad equivalence)
    Harmfull = Full Hurt
    Harm less = Less Hurt

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by procne
    you mean harmless.

harmful = full of harm = it hurts
    harmless = without harm = doesnt hurt

Quote Originally Posted by zahoan
    you confuse the words harmfull with harmless.
    Harm = Hurt(somehow a bad equivalence)
    Harmfull = Full Hurt
    Harm less = Less Hurt

Thanks for the school lesson

Quote Originally Posted by zahoan
    improved shadowform should be taken imo on any server, if you rely on your dots only you will have a very long time to kill a mob. Shadow Word: Pain, Mind Blast, Mind Flay(maybe two times) = dead mob. Not loosing cast and channel is priceless to have fast kills. I used that build and soloed any damn elites i had to kill in all outland and beginning of northrend(stopped when reached dragonblight), those elites are something that seems impossible to solo with my rogue though. The PVP part: this talent is a must if you wanna survive on a pvp server.

Misery = one of the best things a priest can have... having the chance to miss reduced = kill mobs easyer and even kill higher lvl mobs. This is something not any class can do(i mean red lvl mobs)
    To prevent yourself from loosing cast time while killing mobs, is also known as "Power Word: Shield".

And how often do you have to kill an elite?, just a few quests. With some brain you should be able to do that anyway without Improved shadowform, or with the help from someone else.

To survive on a pvp server, Improved shadowform is a nice help. But at the time you get dispersion, you can live without it:
    PW:Shield, MB, dot, dot, dot, dispersion,(dot's ticking more than half its hp), finnish it of.

Just my point and how I did it on both my priests, both on pvp servers.

We're not a "dot class" while leveling. The most mana efficient rotation for leveling is VT->MB->MFx2. Don't even bother with SW:P or DP while leveling... this rotation will kill most any non elite. Since you're spending most of your time casting mindflay, yes you'll want improved shadow form.

Quote Originally Posted by sagacity
    To survive on a pvp server, Improved shadowform is a nice help. But at the time you get dispersion, you can live without it:
    PW:Shield, MB, dot, dot, dot, dispersion,(dot's ticking more than half its hp), finnish it of.
    We're not a "dot class" while leveling. The most mana efficient rotation for leveling is VT->MB->MFx2. Don't even bother with SW:P or DP while leveling... this rotation will kill most any non elite.
    That was meant to when you kill other players, not mobs.

When killing elites you do dot since they have the higher amount of hp, that the dot's can last long enough to do proper dmg due to mana loss.
    And it's really not often you have to kill elites.

Since you're spending most of your time casting mindflay, yes you'll want improved shadow form.
    PW:Shield > Improved shadowform when not killing elites.
    And again, you don't have to kill elites that often, therefor skip Improved shadoform imo.

Imp Shadow Form is very, very useful for taking on multiple mobs and is kind of 'meh' otherwise. Misery is a must have because it allows you to level without worrying about spell hit very much. It gives you 99% hit against anything your level and 100% hit against monsters 1-3 levels under you (you already have 100% hit on monsters 4 or more levels under you without it). Equipping an additional 3% hit gives you 100% hit on mobs up to 2 levels higher than you.

Deleted

To prevent yourself from loosing cast time while killing mobs, is also known as "Power Word: Shield".

And how often do you have to kill an elite?, just a few quests. With some brain you should be able to do that anyway without Improved shadowform, or with the help from someone else.

Just my point and how I did it on both my priests, both on pvp servers.
    Acturally Power Word: Shield cost a bit much of your mana but i really dont have a problem with it tho