Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Need help with 130 JC to atleast 400 only 500g to spend tho

ive just dropped skinning and started JC and Ive hit a bump , no Tin ore in AH , no chacs to mine iron or tin , and not enough gold for gold bars at 20g ea, i need some kind of guide :P

Deleted

Re: Need help with 130 JC to atleast 400 only 500g to spend tho

If you need tin and don't have a miner, and there's none on the AH, you should just start asking in the Trade channel. There's probably someone out there with some stashed away somewhere, and if it comes to it you could probably get a low-level character to farm some for you, if you offer a decent rate.

Power-levelling Jewelcrafting isn't cheap. Check out the guide Nzall linked to, that'll give you an idea of the huge stack of often expensive mats you're going to need. And if you think getting to 150 is tough, wait 'til the fun of the 270-300 bracket, when each and every single point of skill could easily cost you a couple of hundred gold, depending on how much gouging is going on in the Huge Emerald/Large Opal/Blue Sapphire market (not to mention the price of thorium).

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    Please read the topic before you start

OP: There is no easy way to do that with 500g unless you live on a high pop server where everything is in supply, but not demand. The best way to do it with >500g is to level an alt, and while you are leveling him, roll Mining and send all the ore to your main. I would suggest a paladin. The reason for that is they are easy leveling (a little boring at times) and you get Crusader aura in mid 60's. With the cost of flying not so expensive and at 150% that extra 20% really helps. You should have all the ore you need to JC your way to 450. Mining is one of the easiest professions to level.

or, you just buy gold if your parents will flip the bill... Ensidia does it, why can't you?

I'm going to suggest that you farm some gold. I powerleveled JC a few months ago and it cost me roughly 3k gold, so yeah, 500g is not going to cut it.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=17615362642&sid=1&pageNo=1

Quote Originally Posted by roguewan
    I'm going to suggest that you farm some gold. I powerleveled JC a few months ago and it cost me roughly 3k gold, so yeah, 500g is not going to cut it.
    3k? You lucky bastard. When I levelled JC it cost just over 4k, and I didn't have to buy any of the TBC green-quality gems.

no way you will be able to level to 400 without having mining.

i have both, and still getting to 240 i spent well over 500G even though i farmed most of the mats myself. all the gems needed for JC even low level cost loads at least on my server, Moss agates are like 10g each, Large opals are 20+g each, and when you need 20 or so of each, that really hurts :(

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Diseous
    or, you just buy gold if you don't care about hacked accounts of your friends, because that's the place where those gold comes from. Support those assholes selling it.
    I wouldn't trust those 500g I am on overpopulated server which is locked with queues during peak times and mats are pretty expensive. If I would have to buy it from AH, It would be over 5k

Quote Originally Posted by Hrethel
    3k? You lucky bastard. When I levelled JC it cost just over 4k, and I didn't have to buy any of the TBC green-quality gems.
    Yeah, think I got away pretty cheap.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=17615362642&sid=1&pageNo=1

I just Power leveled JC from 1-411 Yesterday. Total cost probably 450g. If my excess mats sell it will be closer to 350g in the end. Using this method http://www.mmo-champion.com/professi...eveling-guide/

There is no reason not to have a character that mines. Simply make a DK spend 2 hours clearing their starting area and BAM! Free epic land mount AND every FP!Once you reach 300 JC is a breeze. Patience helps when leveling JC imo. Plan ahead and watch the AH.
    80 DK (Blood tank) 450 JC/450 BS
    80 Pally (Tank/Holy) 450 JC/450 BS
    80 Shammy (Resto/Enhance) 450 JC/450 Enchanting
    80 Lock (Destro) 450 Tailoring/450 Enchanting
    80 Hunter (SV) 450 Mining/450 JC

The problem with that system Runewolf is that it's kinda built on you spending a bunch of time mining and farming the mats yourself. That's fine, if it's an option, but the OP said he didn't have a chance to mine. Using a DK as a mining bot is a great idea though (my own DK is my miner, and mined his way all the way to 80 ).

I totally agree that for levelling jewelcrafting it's well worth farming as much of the mats as you can yourself. I have JC on two characters, one I just bought the mats, the other I farmed them. But those are pretty much the only two choices. Either pay for the stuff on the AH (or through /2) or get out there and spend some time running around with your pickaxe.

The OP says mining isn't an option and that he's got a budget of 500g, I just don't see how he can keep levelling Jewelcrafting (or any other profession for that matter) without applying either time or money (which are mostly interchangable in WoW anyway).

Ore is a pretty stable in the AH as far as the economy goes. gems however are not. You grab gems at bargain basement prices. Case in point. Star rubies were 25g per at one point, by keeping an eye on the AH and knowing I was going to be powering JC you can get them dirt cheap. I got all my Star rubies for around 2g per and Huge emeralds for 6g per and Blue sapphires for 1.5g per. if I just decided to leveling JC and buy w/e is in the AH you will spend ten times or even more in gold by not planning ahead.

Like most mats in the AH they fluctuate greatly. Wait until the mats are a good place and buy them up.

However if you are not patient and dont wish to spend a few weeks watching the AH here and there, yes be prepared to spend 4k gold.

If having a miner in anyway destroys or headlines my guide then I made a mistake somewhere in conveying what I was trying to say.

The main message of my guide is to plan ahead and get your mats cheap. Not to mine them I as specially state that prospecting is not a good means in which to procure mats.

And there is really no legit excuse for not being able to mine. if you are going to power level JC then you obviously have a prof slot freed up for mining. Instead of instantly picking up JC, grab mining, level it to 300 in a day and BAM! you just saved yourself 4k gold.

Best way to level mining is grab 4 stacks of copper ore off the AH usually for 2-5g per stack, this gets you almost to Tin. So you areleady a few hours ahead of the game.

However if the OP doesnt want to mine or put an effort or planning into it there is no other way than spending 3-4k gold, it just isnt possible. BUT if you are willing to put forth some small effort and planning you can in fact reduce the cost of power lvling JC to 500g or even less.

Seriously just level a miner - you really only need to get them up to thorium. By the time you hit TBC levels it's pretty cheap to level the rest of the way - the agony is getting to 300. Without a miner you are dependent on the gods of the AH - you might get lucky - you might not.

And just to piss people off I actually made a profit when I powerlevelled JC, because I noticed three other people in silvermoon powerlevelling it at the same time - so I bought up all the mats on the AH and I ripped them off

Quote Originally Posted by Runewolf
    I just Power leveled JC from 1-411 Yesterday. Total cost probably 450g. If my excess mats sell it will be closer to 350g in the end. Using this method http://www.mmo-champion.com/professi...eveling-guide/

There is no reason not to have a character that mines. Simply make a DK spend 2 hours clearing their starting area and BAM! Free epic land mount AND every FP!Once you reach 300 JC is a breeze. Patience helps when leveling JC imo. Plan ahead and watch the AH.
    This is very similar to what I did, made my DK herb/miner, macroed the swap between find herbs and find mines and just started farming. For mines I got up through Throium no problem, and since I mined in Silithis I also did some quests and got up to 61/62 before even getting to outlands. Ended up with enough mats to powerlevel BS and JC on my main, and enough leftovers to make some money back and save up for my other alts
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux
    This is very similar to what I did, made my DK herb/miner, macroed the swap between find herbs and find mines and just started farming. For mines I got up through Throium no problem, and since I mined in Silithis I also did some quests and got up to 61/62 before even getting to outlands. Ended up with enough mats to powerlevel BS and JC on my main, and enough leftovers to make some money back and save up for my other alts
    It seems that you and I are rarities in that we would rather spend a little time and save ourselves thousands of gold.

To each his own I guess. Not sure about anyone else but if you can save yourself 3-4k gold by spending a day working on mining then...not sure what else to say. I have 4 80s and I can never even hope to make 4k gold in a day. Best I have done is 6k gold in 3 days of farming and working my ass off for my greatness card.

In the end as I have stated above there is no legitimate excuse not to mine for a day before powering JC.

patience if all you need
    if you cant find something on ah, try again later... it's that simple

Quote Originally Posted by Herros
    ive just dropped skinning and started JC and Ive hit a bump , no Tin ore in AH , no chacs to mine iron or tin , and not enough gold for gold bars at 20g ea, i need some kind of guide :P
    I have got bad news for you buddy, JC 1-400 cost me over 6k. Guess you should make that GM ticket asking for skinning back ay?
    walls o' textual eyerape
    IT'S ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES THEIR ANAL VIRGINITY

1 - 400 JC cost me 1.2k gold - my realms not new either so no 'low prices' sorta thing. Instead of following guide 100% of the way, scan what parts of JC are orange and see whats cheapest.

JC 1-450 cost me a little over 2.3k but i only started with 1.2k. DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT JUST SPAMMING FOR THIS WEBSITE, it truely works!

I used tarouwowguides . com and he has a guide that is very easy to understand and follow.

use his guide and u will spend the least amount of gold and also, be able to resell a lot of the items you make to get more money for mats.

(And yes, i know it is suspicious because I have an extremely low post count)

BTW: whoever said it cost them 6k gold to get from 1-400. i feel extremely bad for you my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Herros
    Bad news... ain't gonna happen.

Do dailies and get a ton more golds, then you can buy mats to do it. 500g is laughable and will get you no higher then 200ish... get from 250-300 is about 1.5k gold...

Start getting gold now !