Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Swift Flight Form not going 310%, can anyone confirm?

I got two Druid friends who got a 310% mount (one got the VPD, other got a Rusted), and they both said to me that whilst having a 310% Mount, Swift Flight Form's speed isn't increased from 280% to 310%.

Patch 3.2 obviously said that it would:

Swift Flight Form: Druids who have acquired a mount able to go 310% flight speed will now also go that speed while in this form.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_3.2.0

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Re: Swift Flight Form not going 310%, can anyone confirm?

I can confirm its true. I have a rusted proto drake and I can outfly people with normal swift mounts easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Prak
    I can confirm its true. I have a rusted proto drake and I can outfly people with normal swift mounts easily.
    You know, it would help if you mentioned if you were a druid or not or if you were just silly and didn't read the OPs post.

Its too soon to confirm or deny in your case.
    Thelamon Thelavon Thelason Thelazon
    I think you get the point of my names now.

Why not just race them?

Or even get an addon that displays your movement speed. Just because the tooltip on the buff doesn't change doesn't mean your speed is the same.

Can confirm it flies at 310% speed.

The tooltip of the Flight Form player buff has not been updated. The spellbook tooltip has, and indicates 310% speed.

15+ Year Old Account

I just got my rusted last night (yah!) and I can confirm flight form is definitely is 310% speed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted

Okay, thank you.

Deleted

Violet Proto drake here (which i don't use because i don't like the skin), in druid form i do outfly people, tested on the "threat from above -> citadel" run.

Heres how you get the tooltip to update, get on your 310% mount and it updates. At least thats what it did for me, showed 280% after I learned the violet proto drake, then updated to 310% the second I mounted up on the violet proto drake. Im assuming this works for other people.

Kinds sucks tbh that druids gets double benefit from having 310% mount, they have instant flightform thats 280% if they want 310% they can use the mount like the rest of us tbh...

They already lowered the cast time on normal mounts didn't they.

There's about no benefit from having no cast time on mounts. The only thing you can do is go into flight form while already in mid-air and maybe fly away a little faster after WG ends

And yeah as said above. It's confirmed flight form goes at 310% speed after getting one of the 310% proto's. Me and another druid in the guild tested it some time

Quote Originally Posted by Nenaunir
    There's about no benefit from having no cast time on mounts. The only thing you can do is go into flight form while already in mid-air and maybe fly away a little faster after WG ends
    Wat?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Theorycrafting and posting numbers on forums
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, and we're not expecting you to be one in order to participate in these forum discussions. But also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else's work doesn't necessarily turn you into one either.

Was that too harsh? (Source)

instant cast spells can be used whilst mid air/moving :

yah, I was saying thats a pretty big benefit.

Other things to consider

Flightform can't be "Dismounted"
    Immune to Polymorph
    Can pick herbs
    Can pick up "quest nodes"
    Mining/Skinning (validation?)
    Can use most "interactive items" (summoning stone, doors, etc)
    Easy landmine achivement (lolz this one is kinda small)

One of my favorite things about being a druid would have to be my (swift) Flight form, im still debating on if I would actually use the Onyxia mount enough to merit taking it post 3.2.2
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, and we're not expecting you to be one in order to participate in these forum discussions. But also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else's work doesn't necessarily turn you into one either.

Quote Originally Posted by FourofaKind
    Immune to Polymorph
    You're immune on a normal flying mount unless you're running along the ground.

Can't mine, unsure about skinning.

All of you haters can enjoy your bubbles, fears, pve interrupts, pets, death grips and all the other stuff everyone conveniently forgets about when pointing out the benefits druids get from our forms.

Oh and on topic. The buff icon still says 280% but the stance icon says 310% and if you compare it you're moving faster. Honestly I was shocked by this change and I expect they're gonna let all 280 mounts be buffed to 310 if you have the appropriate achievement, as they said they might at Blizzcon.

Deleted

yah, I was saying thats a pretty big benefit.

Other things to consider

Flightform can't be "Dismounted"
    Immune to Polymorph
    Can pick herbs
    Can pick up "quest nodes"
    Can use most "interactive items" (summoning stone, doors, etc)
    Easy landmine achivement (lolz this one is kinda small)

One of my favorite things about being a druid would have to be my (swift) Flight form, im still debating on if I would actually use the Onyxia mount enough to merit taking it post 3.2.2
    Herbing and skinning only, not mining.

Still, I really love it! Instant cast alone is really awesome enough, means you can use it while moving, while jumping down a cliff for extra stylepoints. And even being a Night-Elf, in world PvP (like WG when battle isn't on, when farming crystals) I can just Shadowmeld to drop combat and fly away instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthro
    All of you haters can enjoy your bubbles, fears, pve interrupts, pets, death grips and all the other stuff everyone conveniently forgets about when pointing out the benefits druids get from our forms.
    Bash, Maim, Nature's Grasp, Cyclone, Entangling Roots, Treants... did I forget anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthro
    Fear = CC? (If So)
    Cyclone
    Roots
    Hibernate

PVE Interrupts
    Maim
    Typhoon
    Pounce
    Bash
    Feral Charge (bear)

Pets
    Force of Nature

Death Grips (Movement abilities?)
    Typhoon
    Feral Charge (bear)
    Feral Charge (cat)

Lets not forget, practically immune to polymorph, snares, 40% runspeed passive in combat, aerial combat, shadow nuking (personal favorite of mine) and of course(most importantly): teleport moonglade! err Battlerez...

Lol we def got it good, but then again every class does have its edges, or else everyone would just play druid(See: Cataclysm).

On topic, they may update it in a future patch but they really should not need to, from what I understand, the 30% is more of a passive Buff then anything else. Much like how talented movement Increases, Crusader Aura or other Mount Movement buffs dont update the buff tooltip, this also makes sense. (also similar to Mixology passive)