Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Swift Flight Form not going 310%, can anyone confirm?

Yay rawrbombing in TBC was so awesome. Don't do it as much nowadays for some reason, tho every so often it's fun to drop down on a flagged ally (and see him keyboard turn in surprise, foolish dude, you don't use your keyboard when this happens, click round and pewpew me! but I digest er... digress). Goos times to be had, basically just spam the abbility, if you hit it once it will do the charge but still have you drop and get dmg, or so I've found. Warriors can do the same by dropping of their mounts

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    Yay rawrbombing in TBC was so awesome. Don't do it as much nowadays for some reason, tho every so often it's fun to drop down on a flagged ally (and see him keyboard turn in surprise, foolish dude, you don't use your keyboard when this happens, click round and pewpew me! but I digest er... digress)
    Where can you fly that isnt contested?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Theorycrafting and posting numbers on forums
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, and we're not expecting you to be one in order to participate in these forum discussions. But also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else's work doesn't necessarily turn you into one either.

Was that too harsh? (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by FourofaKind
    Shattarath city.

You can't be flagged there.
    Not everyone is going to be an expert theorycrafter or mathematics expert, and we're not expecting you to be one in order to participate in these forum discussions. But also be honest about the fact that linking to someone else's work doesn't necessarily turn you into one either.

He's probably on a pve realm so.... anywhere they want?
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedFate15
    since I'm a DK, I don't understand
    Quote Originally Posted by Eye Heart GS View Post
    I remember a guy like you who used to go around forcing his beliefs on others. He started up a few camps in Germany back in the 40s and it didn't turn out well for him in the end.

Let this be a warning to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Destined2Rock
    He's probably on a pve realm so.... anywhere they want?
    Ahhhhhhh... That makes more sense.

They ought to just do away with those and implement a system simlar to WAR for lower level zones (obviously, RP servers can stay "unflagged in contested" because noone wants to piss off the LARPers.)

yah, I was saying thats a pretty big benefit.

Other things to consider

Flightform can't be "Dismounted"
    Immune to Polymorph
    Can pick herbs
    Can pick up "quest nodes"
    Mining/Skinning (validation?)
    Can use most "interactive items" (summoning stone, doors, etc)
    Easy landmine achivement (lolz this one is kinda small)

One of my favorite things about being a druid would have to be my (swift) Flight form, im still debating on if I would actually use the Onyxia mount enough to merit taking it post 3.2.2
    yes, and thats why we got one less spell in BC than most others.

If you earn the right to fly at 310% this right should be usable even for the class that doesn'T realy USE flying mounts.
    I agree though, that this poses the question whether 310% should be a bonus that is applyed on riding in generall (and the flight form) instead of being limited to specific mounts.
    I would be for that.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by blizzy
    Wrong. You can mine in flight form as long as you're on the ground.
    Wrong. If you attempt to mine in flight form, you get shifted into human form, and if you aggro a mob, you must kill it before entering flight form again.

Deleted

yah, I was saying thats a pretty big benefit.

Other things to consider

Flightform can't be "Dismounted"
    Immune to Polymorph
    Can pick herbs
    Can pick up "quest nodes"
    Mining/Skinning (validation?)
    Can use most "interactive items" (summoning stone, doors, etc)
    Easy landmine achivement (lolz this one is kinda small)

One of my favorite things about being a druid would have to be my (swift) Flight form, im still debating on if I would actually use the Onyxia mount enough to merit taking it post 3.2.2
    Flightform can't be "Dismounted" - If you're talking about world pvp you do leave your flightform if you get hit by any knockback spell in game.
    Can pick herbs - Only viable if you're an alt since you shouldn't have such a shitty profession on a main character.
    Mining/Skinning - Mining - No, Skinning - Yes - Yet again only viable if you're an alt since it's yet again two shitty professions.
    Can use most "interactive items" (summoning stone, doors, etc) - How many doors is there that you actually have to open in this game?, and considering that you atleast as a Tauren can't get thrue more or less any opening/door while beeing on your ground mount you could say that this is a small compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeru
    Flightform can't be "Dismounted" - If you're talking about world pvp you do leave your flightform if you get hit by any knockback spell in game.
    Can pick herbs - Only viable if you're an alt since you shouldn't have such a shitty profession on a main character.
    Mining/Skinning - Mining - No, Skinning - Yes - Yet again only viable if you're an alt since it's yet again two shitty professions.
    Can use most "interactive items" (summoning stone, doors, etc) - How many doors is there that you actually have to open in this game?, and considering that you atleast as a Tauren can't get thrue more or less any opening/door while beeing on your ground mount you could say that this is a small compensation.
    "Only viable if you're an alt since you shouldn't have such a shitty profession on a main character." -Shut up

"Mining - No, Skinning - Yes - Yet again only viable if you're an alt since it's yet again two shitty professions." See above + Crit rating/+ stam is not shitty profession.

"How many doors is there that you actually have to open in this game?, and considering that you atleast as a Tauren can't get thrue more or less any opening/door while beeing on your ground mount you could say that this is a small compensation."
    Every dungeon has a meeting stone

And again, these are just the "other things to consider" noone is forcing you to use Flight Form.

TBH I think they should reimplement the requirement to complete the quest before a Druid can use his epic flight form, that might decrease the amount of spoiled brats that think its "unfair" that they don't get the 30% speed increase.

Srsly, the new (casual and hardcore) players to wrath have been some of the biggest babies I've see on any MMO, I'm still thankful I can use normal mounts as a Tauren much less concerned with the 30% I "deserve" cause I got carried thru Uld 10/Heroic Achievements.

Does the 30% to older mounts/Flight form apply to Crusader Aura as well or do they not stack as the 30% from new mounts could technically be a "passive buff"?

15+ Year Old Account

Does the 30% to older mounts/Flight form apply to Crusader Aura as well or do they not stack as the 30% from new mounts could technically be a "passive buff"?
    Crusader aura just stacks 20% on top of whatever your current mount speed happens to be. So yes, if your old mount was 280% + 20% = 300%, your new mount is 310% + 20% = 330%.

As far as deaths to flight form... my favorite game when I'm bored is to fly up as high as possible, leave flight form, then see how close to the ground I can get back in flight form. It was pretty embarrassing to have to run back to the middle of Shattrath from the graveyard, though...

Edit: See below: wrong maths; multiplicative, not additive.
    380% (= 280% increase over normal speed) * 1.2 = 456%
    410% (= 310% increase) * 1.2 = 492%

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    Crusader aura just stacks 20% on top of whatever your current mount speed happens to be. So yes, if your old mount was 280% + 20% = 300%, your new mount is 310% + 20% = 330%.
    No... it doesnt...

"Crusader Aura
    Instant
    Increases the mounted speed by 20% for all party and raid members within 40 yards. Players may only have one Aura on them per Paladin at any one time. This does not stack with other movement speed increasing effects"

I.E. Pursuit of Justice, Pathfinding, Carrot on a stick, Riding Crop etc.

The question is, does the +30% for having a 310 mount count as a Passive "Buff" or is it some other mechanic that is in it's own world (please only answer if you have done research/ know what I am talking about.)?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    underlined info is WRONG

its 20% per 100 a +280 is actually a 380 (running speed is 100; si 100 + 280 = new movement speed)

you can test this with an addon like carbonite that shows movement speed

"Actually this gives 20% per 100%

That means 380% x 1,20 = 456% speed to Epic Flying Mount, THATS +76% !!!" -MadsAG

as well as other confirmations via http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=32223#comments

more false info bites the dust

15+ Year Old Account

The question is, does the +30% for having a 310 mount count as a Passive "Buff" or is it some other mechanic that is in it's own world?
    The speed buff from a 310-speed mount is not a passive buff. I have tested this. Crusader aura does stack.

Base mount speed is base mount speed -- a 310% mount has a different base speed than a 280% mount. They just happen to use the same riding skill.