Poll: most underpowered healing class,

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: underpowerd classes?

Warrior: Slight nerf. Either slightly tone down mobility or the 75% MS

Paladin: Retribution: Tone Down burst and slightly increase DPS. No, I don't have the foggiest idea how to do that
    Paladin: Holy: No idea at all, haven't seen many lately
    Paladin: Prot: Nerf the shit out of it.

Death knight: Is fine, but change CoI and DG without nerfing.

Hunter: hm, tough one. Nerf damage (especially kill shot ffs) and slightly buff passive survivability

Shaman: Elemental: Fine.
    Shaman: Enhancer: Getting fixed
    Shaman: Restoration: Another tough one. I'd say reverse the ghost wolf changes and instead buff survivability

Druid: Balance: Getting fixed
    Druid: Feral: Too much burst, instant cyclone is unnecessary
    Druid: Restoration: Too powerful vs. one dps, too weak versus being trained by 2

Rogue: Balance is fine, but broken as hell.

Mage: Fine
    Lock: Fine
    Priest: Disc is fine, buff shadow
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    You have to be kidding about pally mana regen. Our pallys with T8.5-T9.5 gear and 30k unbuffed mana are getting every single Innervate available in the raid as well as a LoH or two. Holy pally regen is absolutely trash now.

Because this is in the Arena forums, I will add that pally regen isn't OP at all in arena. Pallys can't fear and go drink while their hots are ticking or Cyclone/travel form to go drink. Divine Plea on a real PvP holy pally, not a Proly, is easily removed.
    Every single healing Pala in arena is ProtHoly, and since they can regen their mana to full in about half a minute I would say YES, their mana regen needs a nerf.

I thinke Shammie's needs a lil buff more the last buff they had barely helped i mean i went from 21k health to 22k hmm wasnt very much yes the Ghost wolf is nice but still not as good as druids realy.

And i thinke Warlocks do abit to much damge but if you lock it down u are fine.

I dont see why ppl saying all the other classes needs a buff because as i see it they are fine.

Priests they got strong surv, and do good damge as a healer.

Paladins got devine plea each min to get mana back + bubble + all the blessings to save is strong as healer , as dps they are still good.

Hunters i thinke there Deflection ablility should be the way it use to be cant be Deflected while getting hit from behind.

Rogues i thinke its kinda stupid giving them a disarm its very strong in combowish if ur with a mage or a other spell caster against somthing like a warr they cant spell reflect or use shield wall.

Warrios do nice damge and if you use your char good then u can kill anything.

Death knights are fine to me maybe still abit to much defence but 1s there gone they can die.

Mages are realy team players mages are as good as ur team mates if u look it arena wishe.

Druids i thinke the innervate is still 2 strong for the healers + being able to give it to som1 else, they having the best cc realy you cant even bubble out off it as a paladin.

It's hard to say which classes actually need buffs or nerfs in PVP without playing every class and knowing the ins and outs of them. If you only play a few classes extensively you get a skewed perceptions of things. For example I play a ret paladin and I absolutely crush Rogues and Warriors but obviously they are doing extremely well in arena and don't need buffs at all, in fact they could probably use some slight nerfs. On the other hand Mages and Hunters seem to do really well against me but obviously they, or at least Hunters, could probably use a little help when it comes to PVP.

As for PVE I think Feral Druids still need some nerfs. Their DPS is right up there with other pure DPS classes and they are by far the highest hybrid DPS. With FoK getting nerfed hardcore next patch Swipe will definitely make Ferals the king of AoE (6k+ DPS in a heroic with over 60% of the dmg from hitting ONE Button- Swipe? And another 20% from auto attacking? That takes skill...). I think Spriest and both Shaman DPS specs could probably use a little help, as could Boomkins.

Balance druids could need a buff :
    You need to have the best gear out there to be able to do anything(almost) in PvP AND PvE
    I have no idea what this means, but it sounds about right^^

Shaman: I think that if you add more utility to using 2h weapons as a shaman (the way it used to be when it was a talent) then it might round out a lot better for that spec. However, shamans are cursed by their totems in their utility to everyone within 40 yards, making them more useful than just that big windfury crit.

Priests: I completely agree that if you absolutely want to dps as a priest then yes, shadow needs a bit of scaling to help out their damage. However, disc priests are difficult as hell to kill, making them far more useful than rolling shadow anyway, imo. Obviously shadow is still in the game (I see shadowform out there once a month or so) but I think people are getting the picture that for now you aren't making yourself very useful.

I know that the thread is about underpowered but I think that there needs to be a little bit of balance put in on the warrior class. the ridiculously low CD on spell reflect makes it an absolute joke for any caster to try to fight a warrior. It's the concept of: 'you can run but you can't hide' because they won't die before they get ahold of you and you can't do anything to them. I'm probably overstating the ability because of my frustration when spell reflect goes up mid lava burst and I end up with a fireball in my face but the fact that it is up nearly 80% of the time makes fighting them very daunting when the other 20% of the time you have 30k+ hp to deal with.

Druids: Yes, boomkin PvP is quite gimp. I fear for that being 'fixed' though because most of the top dps when I raid (particularly vault) are boomkins so I'm not sure if they can add more damage for PvP boomkin without: a) making PvE overpowered or b) making boomkin the biggest caster dps hitters in PvP... That right is reserved for mage. Because they're MAGES and they hit like trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ivata
    Shaman: I think that if you add more utility to using 2h weapons as a shaman (the way it used to be when it was a talent) then it might round out a lot better for that spec. However, shamans are cursed by their totems in their utility to everyone within 40 yards, making them more useful than just that big windfury crit.

Priests: I completely agree that if you absolutely want to dps as a priest then yes, shadow needs a bit of scaling to help out their damage. However, disc priests are difficult as hell to kill, making them far more useful than rolling shadow anyway, imo. Obviously shadow is still in the game (I see shadowform out there once a month or so) but I think people are getting the picture that for now you aren't making yourself very useful.

I know that the thread is about underpowered but I think that there needs to be a little bit of balance put in on the warrior class. the ridiculously low CD on spell reflect makes it an absolute joke for any caster to try to fight a warrior. It's the concept of: 'you can run but you can't hide' because they won't die before they get ahold of you and you can't do anything to them. I'm probably overstating the ability because of my frustration when spell reflect goes up mid lava burst and I end up with a fireball in my face but the fact that it is up nearly 80% of the time makes fighting them very daunting when the other 20% of the time you have 30k+ hp to deal with.

Druids: Yes, boomkin PvP is quite gimp. I fear for that being 'fixed' though because most of the top dps when I raid (particularly vault) are boomkins so I'm not sure if they can add more damage for PvP boomkin without: a) making PvE overpowered or b) making boomkin the biggest caster dps hitters in PvP... That right is reserved for mage. Because they're MAGES and they hit like trucks.
    Okay I just have to say this: are you serious? Feral PvP and Resto PvP are 100% viable and you're complaining? I play a Warlock and a Druid myself and Affliction as well as Destruction are viable for the former while I personally go Resto on my Druid.

Look at Hunters that have a hard time with any spec in PvP or Shamans (though Resto is more difficult to kill now) who are pretty hard off as well and you're complaining about Balance Druids? @_@

I normally don't post junk like this but for some reason your post got to me because a Druid PvPer should NOT be complaining. That class is certainly fine. The only way I would think different is if all three trees of most other classes were PvP viable which isn't true.

Well, I will say it kind of sucks that for the hybrids who have a healing spec, the healing spec is always the far superior one for PVP while the DPS specs are usually far behind pure DPS classes. I mean I understand you can't give paladins or druids 2-3 specs, all just as good in arena as say a rogues one PVP spec, but you also don't have to make them crap in comparison.

I play a pure DPS class and a hybrid and honestly, as long as I have one good DPS spec on my pure DPS class I am fine with that. I really could care less if I am shooting an Explosive Shot or Chimera Shot, a Frost Lance or Arcane Barrage, etc. I wouldn't mind letting hybrids have 2 viable specs if they fill two TOTALLY different roles like healing and DPS as long as pure DPS have a spec that is just as strong or stronger than them.

To be constructive:

Warriors: The damage a Armor Pen-stacked Warrior can do in PvP is gross. I know this stat is getting a small nerf in 3.2.2 but really it is NOT going to be enough. A class should think about what stat to go for rather than blindly stacking one. IMO nerf Armor Pen and Warriors will be fine.

Death Knights: These players are in a good place but need to have CoI somehow fixed. Small CD or DR or something.

Rogues: Of course I hate them as I'm a Warlock but I think they could use some trade off of less stuns --> more survivability. Just my thoughts.

Hunters: I find these guys pretty easy 1v1 on my Warlock but NOT my Druid. All in all I think they're in a good place. Maybe give them some MINOR survivability boost.

Paladins: Kill Prot healing, Holy healing is okay, Ret is... a pain in the ass but I think alright as a whole. I just hate Rets b/c of the Blood Elf racial but not because of the spec itself. =p

Shamans: Resto is much more difficult to kill now (good for them b/c it was a joke earlier), Elemental is like Destruction Warlocks in that it has tons of burst but is weak when focused, Enhancement is a pain for casters but cake for melee so I guess that's fair?

Mages: Having 2 of 3 specs viable in PvP is good to me and they can bring a lot of utility and damage so I think they're pretty good too.

Priests: Disc is A-okay if not SLIGHTLY OP while Shadow is too weak. Personally I am fine with this because I don't like fighting "fake" Warlocks hehe (j/k) but they do need a buff somehow.

Warlocks: Again a class that has 2 of 3 trees working in PvP is pretty cool. I haven't played Affliction in a while but I think it's fine if not boring. Destruction is in an awkward spot since we can do high burst but have low survivability against melee. Again I guess this is "balanced" but in 3s against double melee I cry.

Druid: Feral PvP is horribly imbalanced as they hit like a truck even in Bear. They need a SMALL nerf here due again to Armor Pen. Resto is OP w/o a MS effect but is also the easiest healer to interrupt since casts are not particularly fast. I also find they are the easiest healer to blow up as well.

I vote "Warlock".

I play an ele sham, and I've honestly neve felt better. The recent changes to totems, etc... went along way. With that said, I would definitely not be against toning our burst a bit for a bit more control. If not, I don't mind the way we are now.

Holy pallies are pretty terrible i think. Not prot/holy, but straight holy. Needs some serious buffs. I mean, how does a holy pally compete against a disc or a druid? I think its pretty clear that instance spells are the way to go in pvp.
    Which is why resto druid/disc priests are generally the harder healers to kill, atleast for me. It also doesn't help that holys mana source comes from slapping yourself with a brutal MS effect, & beacon costs a HUGE amount of mana, that also has no down side to someone purging it off or mass dispelling it.

I think that right there is a problem, since I could purge druids/priests ALL DAY, and I will oom 50% faster than they would. That just confuses me. All the while a pally has to cast the majority of his heals.

I realize disc is really good against casters, but good lord, in a 1v1 fight, they will murder me as ele. That is just absurd. Granted it will be a long fight, but they are just brutal. They will straight mana burn me to nothing and proceed to murk my face. Bubbles are just unreal. The 2 classes that can cleanse magic, priest and a pally. The priest is MILES ahead of a pally. Pallys need some more offensive tools.

Kinda random gibberjabber there. Disc priests just bother me lol. Nothing personal, I just feel the class is a bit juiced.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=Prinnybomb

Prinnybomb
    My milk shake is better....

Quote Originally Posted by Thissi
    You sir, do not know what CC is.
    Crowd control (also called CC) is the ability of one character to influence or prevent the abilities or actions of another character(s).

All crowd controls falls into one of 3 categorys:
    Movement modifiers
    Action/ability rate modifiers
    Forced action modifiers

The 3 spells sorrow_blast listed reduce move speed which means they belong in the Movement modifier category.

Please do some research before trying to flame someone.

The topic is also "What healing class do you think is UP" (check the pool options.

There are no UP healing classes IMO.

Edit: I would like to say that this is one of the best "PvP balance" topics i've ever seen. Most people actually knows what they are talking about.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

i play holy paladin and i they really need some buffs for arena/BG

bubble is pretty useless against warrs and priest because they can remove our bubble and dont forget that mages can spell steal HoP -.-

hei alle sammen <3

i kinda miss warriors here =)

Quote Originally Posted by Crisos
    i play a paladin and i think they need some buffs. i know that because they are hybrid they do not deserve to achieve an insane amount of dps, but at the moment ret paladins can´t even get close to pure dps classes.

if i look at other classes i think shadow priests are fairly underpowered. never seen any shadow priests even get close to being highest on the meter in a raid.
    Wat.

Lolret not doing craploads of damage? Get out of Naxx and heroics and try at least Ulduar, wouldya?

Well i do play ret and they do have decent burst at the moment. The problem with ret is... They are too good against other melee classes, yet absolutely pathetic against any healer whatsoever. Playing 2's as a ret paladin ends up being 40 minute games where u eventually get lucky with your partners chain cyclone just in time to have your wings up and everything procs. Its not fun. Truly.

In 3's and 5's they are a more worth while with their defensive cooldowns, but are often trained untill bubble... and then trained again after.

I'll be the first to admit that i can go into any battleground without a healer and dominate. But when it comes to killing a healer... good luck, auto attack and afk for an hour. Sure that healer will never kill you, but you will never kill that healer

Disc needs a little more single target love so they can keep up a little better with Holy Paladins, or else make some of their talents affect PoH and PoM better so it's not better to have them switch to Holy if you're paladin heavy.

Dunno what crack people are smoking about shamans, I haven't seen any good ones go oom since before 3.2, and the only thing that could make them better is putting Cleanse Spirit on the trainer, and perhaps giving Chain Heal 4 jumps automatically instead of from a crappy glyph.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.