Poll: If a raid had the same level gear for 10 and 25 man, which would you raid?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: If gear was equal between 10 & 25...which would you raid?

i enjoy raiding. i'd do w/e
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

I would much rather raid with 9 people I like than 9 people I like and 15 I don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

I would still be raiding 25-man. It's easier to fit all the buffs you want and more room for failing.

Quote Originally Posted by dexter_984
    I would still be raiding 25-man. It's easier to fit all the buffs you want and more room for failing.
    I hate having room for fail. Makes it that much harder to weed out the failures if we down bosses. Nobody wants to say "Yeah, we did the encounter but you didn't pull your weight so you're gone."

All of them so I can say I get more epics.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted

Id do 10 man simply because you dont have 10 guys carrying 15 retards.

Quote Originally Posted by ostjaevel
    ^ biggest truth ever

25/40 are fun just cuz its more epic/harder

Quote Originally Posted by Thundurr
    I was unaware medieval prostitutes wore iron bras and panties.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Where in the world are pancakes and bacon not wed in the holy house of breakfast!?
    I will sunder this place from existence.

Quote Originally Posted by ostjaevel
    Agreed.
    Also I think 10-mans are less mistake forgiving. 1 dead DPS in 25-man is nothing, 1 dead DPS in 10-man is, what, 20% of DPS?
    And of course as an orc who was never even close to making it big into huge raiding guild I found it next impossible to get 25 skilled players for raid.
    It's a shame that you can't be banned from WOW for being bad player.
    It's a shame that you can be banned for being good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kungen
    Banned for raiding.

i dont feel any difference between the epicness of 10 man and 25 man raiding. i just think 25 man is harder to coordinate.
    the only problem with 10mans is setup. faction champions 10 is so much harder than 25

Im currently in a 10 man guild and its the only thing we want. Now we finally have a grp of players who are capable of doing the hardmodes. In 25 man we always felt we were hold back and carrying 10 other players coz they where simply not the quality of players we are.

So i quiet like what blizz done to the ToC instance with the 10 man heroic part of it especially. I means now that good 10 man guilds can get better loot the normal 25 man guilds. This is because the 10 man heroic loot is better itemized.

Quote Originally Posted by Gankenstein
    i dont feel any difference between the epicness of 10 man and 25 man raiding. i just think 25 man is harder to coordinate.
    the only problem with 10mans is setup. faction champions 10 is so much harder than 25
    LOL! how the fuck can those be harder??!
    we had had no idea what was going to happen or what they did or how the fight worked and we pulled them for lols and to see what they would do, and we one-shotted them without knowing wtf to do dude, Faction champions on 10 man non-HM is a fucking walk in the park seriously.. 25 man is challenging cause clothies can actully die here but seriously thats easy mode aswell..
    True wisdom is to look beyond your own opinion.

Well i am from a strict 10man raiding guild so i am slightly biased (never been in a 25man guild), but i have too enjoy raiding 10man more. This is only really comparing to 25man pugs which of course are different from guild runs BUT the general 25man environment is a little chaotic and 'faffy' for my liking.

It is a bit of a shame you don't get better gear for your efforts in 10man, but really you are following the same progression path as 25man. You start totc with U10 gear, with any upgrades being the same level as a 25man ulduar geared character going to totc25. The great thing is that heroic has enabled 10man guilds to match 25man exactly, in that not only do we have a normal run to get through, we also have heroic to get to, which means by the time we get heroic on farm the next instance (that is, icecrown) will be looming. It means 10man geared players aren't waiting around wishing they could get into U25 for some upgrades, whereas 25man geared players can relax because there is no better gear to get.

The only thing i think is slightly unfair is the badge system. In Totc10man, it is presumed you will be working on getting ilevel 232 which you can just buy with badges. In totc 25man, you get a trophy off every boss. There is no difference here because we get 30 badges across the board for 10man, which is one piece of tier gear. For 25man, you get 5 trophies per 25 people. So it takes around the same time for 10man to gear up in 232 level and for 25man to gear up in 245 level. This is all well and fine. But any 25man guild can easily go and do 10man for extra badges, and the difference is, in heroic mode, 10man only get trophies from the end, and 25man only get tokens from the end. For 245 gear, you have to save alot of badges. For 25man, once you get this token you can just spend it. The difference is, for 10man you will need much much more badges to get to ilevel245 gear, whereas for 25man, they only need badges for the lower 245 badge gear. And the thing is, we only get these trophies once clearing hard mode Anub, which means by that point we know we can do it with the gear we have, so what's the point?

That is the only issue i have. Otherwise, 10man wins. Gear only matters if you can't get bosses down. That is all it's used for. Raiding 10man it doesn't matter if you don't have the best gear, as long as you have good gear for the content you are raiding, that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by warptwist
    we had had no idea what was going to happen or what they did or how the fight worked and we pulled them for lols and to see what they would do, and we one-shotted them without knowing wtf to do dude, Faction champions on 10 man non-HM is a fucking walk in the park seriously.. 25 man is challenging cause clothies can actully die here but seriously thats easy mode aswell..
    Clearly everyone is not as great as you.

Quote Originally Posted by det
    Oh how I hate you guys who write this kind of shit and you guys who applaud this kind of shit. That is how you see YOUR guild and the people YOU raid with? You and nine ace people saving the days for 15 "retards". What sad little buggers you are.
    but it's true

u r my hero!!!111one

You're such a fucking god.

Group compositions are different, think a little before you flex.

@Thread.
    I'd choose 10man over 25.

From someone organizing raids, id say i would only do 10-man, simplicity ftw. Its easy to fit in 2 tanks (most fights), 2-3 (healers) and 5-6 DPS, also you can be more picky about who you go with. Now dont get me wrong, i love to do 25-man as well, but organizing and leading it is sometimes pure nightmare, i'm not an asshole so i myself have a hard time telling someone "Dude you really have to improve cause your DPS/Tanking/Healing is subpar for this fight, sorry but you are of no use to me in this fight", i know i should but its very hard to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatchris
    also, we're not glass cannons anymore, we haven't been for ages. either that or everyone is a cannon, and some are plate cannons.

10. It's much more cosey

Assuming realm firsts and everything remained reserved for 25-man, I would still focus on 25-man. I play for progression, not for gear. I would of course do 10-mans too for gear to up performance.

In the end, assuming the current raid design, 10-mans are much more simple and feel bit like fooling around even when doing them the hardest way. Getting a 25-man raid working and facing bosses that require the effort from every single raider is much more rewarding.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

I voted for 10 man gear for one single reason: it's a lot easier to get 10 people together for a raid than it is to get 25 (or 40). I'll also risk getting flamed by pointing out that in a 25-man raid, if one person dies/gets DCd/gets carried, it's 4% of your raiding force; in 10-man, it's 10%.

40-man content may feel more epic... but the logistics - both from the game designer's PoV (balance) and the raid leader's PoV (getting folks together in a good comp on time) get to be a bit nightmarish.

Assuming that the 10-man would also somehow, through balancing, be just as challenging? Almost certainly 10-man. In my opinion, that would actually feel MORE epic, because you'd be defeating a monumental raid with much more limited resources. though it would be nice from an organization stand-point as well. I'd be concerned about classes getting pigeonholed/banned from raids again though for not 'contributing enough buffs' or something.