Poll: Which class gets the least VOA drops?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

VOA "he never drops my loot" POLL

I run a few VOA Pugs and I can almost guarantee that on every run someone will say "OMG, he never drops <enter class> loot". Make me laugh as I'm pretty sure i've seen all sorts!

How do you feel on this?

For simplicity I haven't seperated out healing/dps/tanking specs - just count the class.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: VOA "he never drops my loot" POLL

People just like to complain that it never drops for them and when their loot does drop the "crappy <insert class here> that isn't as good as me gets it wtf"

I don't think anyone actually believes the percentages are really that far off.

You forgot "the class that isn't in the raid group"

15+ Year Old Account

hunter and druid and priest drops is the most common tbh :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zuldain
    People just like to complain that it never drops for them and when their loot does drop the "crappy <insert class here> that isn't as good as me gets it wtf"

I don't think anyone actually believes the percentages are really that far off.
    It's funny since top dps swear up and down they're entitled to the gear automatically. lol.

i voted for warlock...
    haven't even seen 1 !

and this is no QQ as my own lock is lvl 21 lol
    "If the Burning Legion is such a problem why not just throw water on them? Then they'll just be a legion."

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Marvdatboi
    It's funny since top dps swear up and down they're entitled to the gear automatically. lol.
    Yup, Top dps always thinks it should be theirs. I disagree with that but at the same time, It is frustrating if you loss the roll to someone pulling 1/4th of your dps. Either way, its a VOA pug, and rolls are open imo.

Random loot is random, voa isn't any kind of conspiracy to deprive your class of loot.

And if you lose a roll to a player in blues and greens, well thats a risk that you knew was there when you pugged.

It's always leather, always leather.

:'(

10+ Year Old Account

Voted paladin but specifically holy and prot.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

At tonight Wheel of Fortune. As always no Rogue loot and even more qq about DK's loot. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

ok, several thoughts from me:

I think that hybrid classes with several sets get less of "their" loot from VoA, simply because they have a lesser chance of getting the set parts they want.
    I assume that every class gear has the same chance of dropping, so if you leave pvp gear out, it's 10% that gear for a given class drops (10 classes).
    But while Mage, Hunter, Rogue and Warlock now have a 10% Chance to get theirs, Classes with 3 Sets are screwed (Druids, Paladins, Shaman) because there's only a 3,33% chance that the set they want drops. It's not bad to get extra gear for your 2nd or 3rd equip, but it feels a bit wasted,a t least for me (I'm Ele/Heal Shaman and haven't been Enhancement for half a year now).

Another point is, that chances for hybrid classes to be "alone" in a 10man VoA are less than for pure dmg classes. Why ? Well, think about it, for Koralon, you better have 3 Healers, and of course 2 Tanks - that's 5 out of the pool of 6 classes that can fulfill (some of) these roles. So if you want a class run, only one of the six classes that can do more than dmg can have a dmg spec. Think about that.
    "Fury Warrior and Moonkin lfm VoA class run" ? Won't work!
    Actually, if you have a Prot Paladin and a druid tank, your 3 healer class run is screwed. But many people don't think so far, they invite some random DDs, a tank, two healers and then try to find another druid healer, who doesn't care that there's already a bear and an owl in the group.
    Should you care ? I don't know, all I know is that it's easier for the pure dmg classes to get their set parts. Perhaps it's a little bit harder to find a group (most of the VoA PuGs I joined were opened by someone of such a class ) but if you down Koralon and he drops that precious T9, it's yours.

Hybrids, obviously.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account

I've actually been quite lucky, first week Koralon was put in, t9 gloves dropped and I was the only one able to use them, next week the t9 legs dropped and, again, was the only one able to use them.

Then I won a t9 token in 25man ToC right after I got the legs ^.^

If nothing for your class drops you obviously notice. If nothing for some other random class drops do you really notice? Or keep track? I'll always seem like nothing drops for you.

I'd assume each piece of gear has the same chance as every other piece. For each slot that might drop there are 19 possible variations(specs with their own tier piece). Koralon drops.. 3 pieces or is it 4? So that means you have a 3 or 4 in 19 chance of seeing loot for your class. Approximately 20%. Koralon hasn't been out long enough for anyone to complain about not seeing loot from a mathematical - "RNG must be screwing up" perspective. Especially since most of the people complaining HAVE seen loot, they just haven't won a roll. Chance is chance. Random is random.

Sure does seem like Prot pally gear never drops though ;p
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

Havent been shaman drops in voa for 3 months now on my serv
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic
    "OMFG I spent 7g buying [insert item name] from action house, but it didn't go in my bag!"....

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

You really bring 3 healers for Koralon?

I'm very lucky with voa drops..

I have gotten:
    2 furious legs
    2 healing t8 legs ( 1 219 and 1 226)
    1 t8 healing gloves
    2 t8 shadow gloves ( i 219 and 1 226)
    t9 legs (232)
    and countless archavon pvp pieces

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

1. You notice when your class loot doesn't drop; not necessarily when others don't.

2. It always seems to drop loot for my alt's classes, not the class I'm on at the time. (I go on my 'lock, it's paladin gear. I go on my pally, it's 'lock gear.)

3. It always seems to drop loot for the one class that's not in the raid.

4. When it DOES drop "my" loot, I either already have it (or equivlent, or better)... or someone else wins the roll.

I have only ever seen one feral druid item off any of the bosses. Ever.