So, I have heard that Blizzard finally managed to balance PvP

The idea behind this thread actually spawned by the recent PTR patch 3.2.2 nerfs to the Hunter and Shaman class (to be more precise Beast Mastery and Enhancement specs respectively), as a result of a "Beast Cleave" team beating a "RMP" team at the most recent US tournament of note (I forget the name). Part of the inspiration also came through my not being able to participate at the US DD forums discussions, as I have got an EU account.

The recent nerfs, especially in so far as their severity and promptness are concerned, would perhaps make one think that the sole reason that PvP in WoW does not feel balanced are the two aforementioned specs.

I would respectfully like to ask the Devs if they feel happy with the present PvP situation now that they have nerfed both Beast Mastery and Enhancement. They will have to excuse me, but I can't say that I actually am satisified with the current PvP situation.

Specifically, I would like to ask the Devs of the following:

a. Do you feel that battleground PvP is substantially more balanced or a more pleasant experience post BM and enchancement nerfs?

b. Do you feel that BM and Enhancement were so much "overpowered" that they warranted such severe nerfs?

c. Do you feel that Arena experience is much more fun post the recent PTR nerfs to BM and Enhancement? Do you feel that these nerfs will help either Hunters or Enhancement Shamans participate more in both Arena and BG PvP? Both specs, have historically been two of the least represented specs in Arena from what I hear.

Some points to consider from my POV ( I do not lay claim to covering any and all PvP concerns, I will just mention the most notable thereof):

1. Protection specc'd Paladins in PvE or PvP gear require three Rogues and one off-healer to take down. To be more precise:

-One Rogue needs to be specced Combat Prep with the Preparation Glyph, both for sustained DPS as well as to chain Dismantle (i.e. Dismantle-Prep-Dismantle) and tank the Paladin.

-One Rogue needs to be Mutilate spec for the Poison Damage (i.e. non physical damage) to bypass the Paladin`s huge physical mitigation.

-One Rogue needs to be Subletly/Assasination spec,in order to provide sustained bleed damage through 3/3 Serrated Blades and 2/2 Blood Splatter.

-The Off healer needs to off-heal the Rogues lest anyone dies in the 10 or so minutes it will take the group to kill the Prot Paladin, as well as do ranged DPS in between.

------------------>With the above in mind, it is I think fair to say that the game is not really balanced 1 vs 1, 2 vs 1, 3 vs 1, or even 4 vs 1....Unless you are a Paladin. In that case, the game only really becomes balanced in 1 vs 5. That is, you need over four people to bash you if you are a Prot paladin, in order for them to be a match.

2. You would think that patch 1.11 and 1.12 would have been a lesson to remember for Blizzard. These patches were nicknamed the World of Warlockcraft. For those who don't remember, Warlocks used to one-shot people through Soulfire. Yet here we are, 3 years past, and Locks now use Chaos Bolts instead of Soulfire. Ofc, people do not get one-shotted any more, it just takes a couple more spells to kill them.

3. Paladins really have no counter-class. Every other class does. Even Death Knights. But not Paladins. Prot Paladins are unkillable except if outnumbered 4 to 1, Rets cannot be stopped or kited by any class or spec except Frost Mages (only if they are lucky), and often it requires 2-3 people chain stunlock and disarm/dismantle them in order to kill them.

I wonder just how satisfactory is this PvP situation to the Devs. It was as if the ONLY issues in WoW PvP were caused by Hunters and Shamans. Yet two classes that few people play get nerfed, and WoW`s most popular class (paladins) is allowed to go on largely untouched.

GC once said that some changes might leave the playerbase scratching their heads. Well, in view of the above facts, let`s just say that idd the recent Hunter/Shaman PvP nerfs have idd left us scratching our heads. It is as if, the SOLE issue with WoW PvP were BM Hunters and Enhancement Shamans.

I am not really asking for nerfs or anything, frankly I do very little PvP and no Arena with my Rogue (and I no longer play my Hunter at all), I am just curious if the Devs are actually aware of what is going on in WoW PvP in general.

With best regards
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Re: So, I have heard that Blizzard finally managed to balance PvP

Were all just gonna have to hope for totemless buffs next season. That'll solve all for enhance at least.

Re: So, I have heard that Blizzard finally managed to balance PvP

Ya prot paladins can resist real much, but that's the only thing they have. They have no big heals, no big dps, no gr8 cc or others, they're meant for that - resisting. Paladin itself, it's a class that excels on 1v1, 2v2, or even 3v3, but it's really not that good at other stuff like raiding, battleground, or some other stuff that involves more then 5 ppl.
    Paladin is no doubt a solo character.
    As for BM hunters or Ehnanc shammys, i don't think they're really that bad, especially for ehnancment, if u have skill - ur good. But this are the kind of chars that grow better , as much allies they have, since they're survival and dps is quite good, the good points of traps, and windfury is that it increases it's utility with the more ppl u have with u.
    Anyway, for lower arena ladders, u wont want to roll those chars to the top,ofc.

I think ppl have to accept that not every class and every specc must be very good for every kind of endgame, i mean, as well as u wont want a dpser to heal , or a healer or a tank to just dps, u wont want certain classes/specs for certain endgames.
    I mean, u wont really roll warlock/demonology or affliction for pve as well as u won't roll a bm hunter for pvp. They can, with some skill, reach the lvl were they're good, but at some point , they're obviously surpassed by the speccs that are better then them at that job.