Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Resto Help. Fresh 80 OOM by end of heroic boss fights if not sooner.

If I was focusing on PvE purely, I would use this spec and glyph setup
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0VG0z...xiuqcsVo:RLkzm

However, I use a more PvP oriented build here in Tier 7 (ilvl 200) gear in 10 man ToC without any mana problems and about 30% of total healing (with T8.5+ geared players). And yeah, I sometimes toss my innervate to another player.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0VG0z...VuAcsio:kRLmV0

You're missing key efficiency talents in Moonglow, Nature's Splender. One which reduces mana cost, and the other increasing length of HoTs. And you're missing some throughput talents, which will keep you from needing to heal as much.

You pretty much have the idea with the healing it seems. Druid style healing is the easiest of the 4. Just get your talents and gear right, and you'll be fine.

Dont overdoo with casted heals.

In heroics with average gear you wont need even cast nourish for spot. Use WG on aoe dmg, and rejuv spam in group when will be a incomming aoe dmg.

SM can be used for a quick heal on rejuvened target, or a combo with regrown/SM if target dont have hot in it and need to be filled up.

For most of geared heroic tanks, u dont need nourish either... just do the rotation, lb, rejuv, regrown, lb... wait, sm or nourish only if there is a big spike, lb. Always keep rejuv and regrown hots in tank even at full hp and do lb until (not spamming, wait for almost bloom even in 1x) 3x and let it bloom. LB will be you strongest tank heal in heroics.

NEVER user HT, and if you have to use nourish for spot in heroics u should try change u play style to be a little more preempitive with urs heals

Btw, for glyphs, i would go with LB (+1s is less mps/cast), glpyh of swiftmend for save mana from recasting hot in target after one cheap sm, and nourish or innervate while u dont go so much in raids for wg glpyh

Quote Originally Posted by VonGimli
    Cause 25 spell power is worth 70 mp5? Somehow I dont beleive that.... use IED meta all the time, then you can gear for more throughput in other items. You will definitely be laughed at for using the spell power meta...
    not to be a dick, but your druid hasn't seen more than 2 25 man Ulduar kills. Your priest is experienced, but uses a completely different healing/gemming strategy as druids do.

Like i said earlier, if you are undergeared then the meta you are suggesting is good. 70 MP5 is worthless if you are finishing fights with more than enough mana and an innervate that is ready to go still. That is the situation for a large number of endgame druid that I know of including myself. Gemmed for full Spellpower and still having all of the regen we could need.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli
    not to be a dick, but your druid hasn't seen more than 2 25 man Ulduar kills. Your priest is experienced, but uses a completely different healing/gemming strategy as druids do.

Like i said earlier, if you are undergeared then the meta you are suggesting is good. 70 MP5 is worthless if you are finishing fights with more than enough mana and an innervate that is ready to go still. That is the situation for a large number of endgame druid that I know of including myself. Gemmed for full Spellpower and still having all of the regen we could need.
    Wowowowowowow.... You are seriously argueing 70mp5 vs 25 spellpower... wow... so bad... SO BAD... So my alt druid hasnt seen much ulduar kills thats true, and yet i still know that IED meta is WAY WAY better. 25 spellpower will not make or break a fight, 70 mp5 WILL. I dont care if you dont think you need it, you may not be doing challenging content that tests your mana bar.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Burner
    Alright first of all no trolls.

I just hit 80 this past week on a druid of which is my first healer.
    I know almost nothing about spec/stats .
    Stacking spirit instead of mp5 I hear is the way to go for druids. (correct me if I'm wrong)

I just double checked my spec and noticed I never respec after hitting 80 and there are plenty of points which could be used better in other locations. (as you can see I just threw points in what looked good while leveling)
    Believe it or not I've actually been healing heroics and ToC with that jumbled spec.

OOM is a big issue. How can I make this better? I cant imagine healing 10-20 min fights at the moment. I'm oom within 5 especially if there's heavy party damage.

Please check out my glyphs and etc to let me know where to improve.
    Armory isnt up to date. I have the brewfest heals trinket in the missing spot.

constructive criticism only please.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rcle&n=Chachuu

edit: I use Vuhdo for heals and I cant imagine it being easier.
    While I do appreciate you are new to the class and to healing in general I cant help the feeling that you didn't do your homework and are now asking others to do it for you.

Many if not all of the questions you asked have been answered greatly in depth by many dozens of guides across the internet. Remember Google is your friend and I am quite sure that by the time it took you to write down your questions on this thread you most probably would have found the answers elsewhere.

My only advice for you is to take some initiative, you learn a lot more when you go looking for research yourself. Good luck.
    walls o' textual eyerape
    IT'S ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES THEIR ANAL VIRGINITY

Quote Originally Posted by Bye
    While I do appreciate you are new to the class and to healing in general I cant help the feeling that you didn't do your homework and are now asking others to do it for you.

Many if not all of the questions you asked have been answered greatly in depth by many dozens of guides across the internet. Remember Google is your friend and I am quite sure that by the time it took you to write down your questions on this thread you most probably would have found the answers elsewhere.

My only advice for you is to take some initiative, you learn a lot more when you go looking for research yourself. Good luck.
    as I said no trolls.

Why look at guides when most are out dated and I can be asking people who deal with my issue first hand every day of the week?
    Experienced players>outdated guides

I found out what I needed to know in the first few posts vs looking for an up to date 3.1 guide which may or may not answer the questions.

The posts have been very helpful.

I can also state any moron with the slightest clue would realize the benefit of 70mp5 vs 25sp just from other in game experiences. If you don't need it you dont need it though. In my case for the moment I do.

Wowowowowowow.... You are seriously argueing 70mp5 vs 25 spellpower... wow... so bad... SO BAD... So my alt druid hasnt seen much ulduar kills thats true, and yet i still know that IED meta is WAY WAY better. 25 spellpower will not make or break a fight, 70 mp5 WILL. I dont care if you dont think you need it, you may not be doing challenging content that tests your mana bar.
    i've said all i need to say. I have laid out the cases in which both meta gems are useful, you are more interested in trolling without any valid reasoning other than what I have already agreed with.

i've said all i need to say. I have laid out the cases in which both meta gems are useful, you are more interested in trolling without any valid reasoning other than what I have already agreed with.
    So you recommended a 25 SP > 70 mp/5 meta to a druid who SPECIFICALLY said they could hardly last without going OOM in heroics, leave.
    Thunderstorm, the spell that brings families together and breaks LM apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfofqp
    So you recommended a 25 SP > 70 mp/5 meta to a druid who SPECIFICALLY said they could hardly last without going OOM in heroics, leave.
    i then said that for a person in his situation that the 70 mp5 would be better. L2Read.

10+ Year Old Account

I agree with Cerilli. And yeah, spell power can make or break a fight for healing before regen can. If you can't heal your tank (or raid) faster than a boss can do damage, all the regen in the work won't help you. That being said, you still need a healthy amount of regen to finish a fight (I had to say that because I know someone will say it even though it's painfully obvious).

But if you have enough regen to finish your encounters with a decent supply of mana, what is the use in having more? At a certain gear point, 70mp5 is effectively useless, in which putting more focus on spell power will be more worth while. This is especially true with druids where healing throughput is slow and steady (except when burning cooldowns), and where spell power coefficients are higher on their bread and butter spells. If your HoTs are ticking for enough, you can end up using the FSR more often, which gives you more mana regen anyway.

In either case, you are right for suggesting the Insightful to begin. After T7, it's not as important for a druid. After a hiatus over the summer, I come back to this game not realizing Dragon's Eye gems were no longer prismatic (hence not realizing that my Insightful Diamond wasn't active). And I was healing ToC 10 without any mana trouble in T7 gear. So I suppose I pretty much hit my 'regen cap' if you will, and can focus on spell power.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...vh&n=Doomchken
    That will be your spec at least for out of five mans if you plan on only doing heroics for the foreseeable future or most of the time then switch the points from natural perfection to imp Tranquility as in 5 mans that will save you ass as a new healer. Also nourish is actually an excellent heal at this point and on the tank your best bet will be rejuv him roll regrowth and nourish when you have to with Wild Growth up for any party damage. Trust me when i say the guys who specced for you earlier were being idiots as they took revitalize which only procs on the tank with any frequency adn tanks are never rage/mana/runic power starved. Living seed is amazing on the other hand and can give you 10% of your heals if you use nourish which again you need to be. GLyph for nourish, swiftmend, and innervate till you are geared up then trade innervate for Wild Growth as you should be doing raids at that point and it is invaluble.
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

best troll repellent..ever
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Quote Originally Posted by doomchken
    That will be your spec at least for out of five mans if you plan on only doing heroics for the foreseeable future or most of the time then switch the points from natural perfection to imp Tranquility as in 5 mans that will save you ass as a new healer. Also nourish is actually an excellent heal at this point and on the tank your best bet will be rejuv him roll regrowth and nourish when you have to with Wild Growth up for any party damage. Trust me when i say the guys who specced for you earlier were being idiots as they took revitalize which only procs on the tank with any frequency adn tanks are never rage/mana/runic power starved. Living seed is amazing on the other hand and can give you 10% of your heals if you use nourish which again you need to be. GLyph for nourish, swiftmend, and innervate till you are geared up then trade innervate for Wild Growth as you should be doing raids at that point and it is invaluble.
    Thank you. Your spec is probably closer if not exactly what I'll chose to start with. Glyphs will be about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by doomchken
    just to heat it a little more..
    like 90% of druids i see going oom in 5man use nourish and no LB... its just bad gear or is something lacking?

i dont get why people use nourish for tanks in 5man, or even in 25man b4 stacking lb, its often enough ... its cheaper, do more hps (~ gcd 1s cast) and can be casting moving, etc, less over heal...

The cases when LB cant keep with tank and u need nourish him are rare in heroics and for raids u will not be assigned for main tank heal, and in spots will not have hots in players.. so why use nourish glyph instead lb glyph?

Try Resto Spec and be sure and let your Lifebloom bloom to get back the mana when you can.

Hey 3/5 H ToC 25// tribute to mad skill 10m druid here, i just want to clarify some things i have read here.

For the OP:
    Meta: use 21int/600 mana proc
    Spec/glyph: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...o,dNpRH3,10433 (i'm not going to argue this with anyone most of the talents being debated make a minor difference.)
    Play stile: When i first started it helped me to think of resto healing like a check list. keep rejuv up if tanks health is still going down put up 3x LB, if tanks health is still going down regrowth, if tanks health is still going down nourish. if any spike dmg occurs NS:HT/nourish.

For the rest of ya:
    For all you other druids, let me clarify some things with the meta gem arguement, in our current state our mana regen is a little broken the 600 mana is simply not needed at higher gear levels. As previously stated i do hard modes and i am telling you from my experience (consistently first/2nd on heal meters competeling with another resto druid) that i have no mana issues, i give my vate away and i use 25sp/2% int meta. What you seem to be forgetting is that 2% int is far from 0mp5, and when someone offers me a chance to increase my healing and all i have to give up is ending a fight at 30% mana for 25% mana, hell yeah im going to take it, and im sure anyone else dealing with the massive dmg output in current HM's will agree with me.

It all comes down to your gear level and healing stile i suppose if i was forced to heal the tank more i would need the mana but that simply isnt an issue and i regen mana almost as fast as i use it in 25m, and thats using almost every GCD.
    Once Elendur of Arthas.

i then said that for a person in his situation that the 70 mp5 would be better. L2Read.
    ...which makes me wonder what the point in mentioning Skyflare was. The OP should be using IED, as should most resto druids, since it's far superior unless you never ever have any mana issues. And even if you don't, it's worth looking up what other pieces you could be replacing for similar benefits, dumping intellect/spirit for DPS pieces with more SP/crit.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

OH FFS WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO AND DO THAT

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

You should really go read up on spell coefficience, before making this post. Call me a troll all you want, it's still the truth. You're asking so simple questions, healing with HT.. Just shows that you have no clue whatsoever, and didn't read a single guide.

And for the meta argument, what's wrong with saying IED is no good when you're not running oom? That's the deal atm. - and by saying that, Cerelli not only told OP that he should use IED, when having mana issues, he also gave an advice for the time to come, that he should change his meta when he's not having mana issues. Those people arguing with Cerelli, seriously go die in a lake. If you can't make sense of his logic, you're just a dumb fuck.

And exactly not having mana issues is relevant RIGHT NOW, he says he just dinged, SO? I started playing my alliance druid, that I pretty much forgot all about, since I rerolled horde. I had 180 days played in Vanilla, and was in top10 EU guild. It's now about a month ago I dinged 80 (Faction Change, yayyayay!!) and I'm currently full epic feral/resto/balance... (Except my blue OH, but ye you get the point) - Everyone gear up so darn fast, and Resto was my fucking offspec. I tried getting balance and feral gear first. And druid healing in WOTLK is so much different from Vanilla, so I read a but up on it on EJ, got the idea of the new spells, and I'm currently ontop of every healingmeter in pretty much all PUGs I join.

Sorry to say it, but this thread is a waste of time for everyone including myself.

You really shouldn't be giving advice... especially when you can't take it.

Cerelli is right, end of story.