Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: PvP weapon to be bought through honor?

Quote Originally Posted by dkffiv
    A 213 deadly weapon should be available at 1250 or 1300 and the 232 furious should be available at 1500 for (300/600 arena points + tons of honor).

Remember that if you're coasting by at 1200-1500 in 2's you're getting like 200-270 points a week. 2 week investment for the 213 weapon and 3 weeks for the 232.

For 2 medium skilled players in deadly gear and crafted epic weapons (ilvl200), getting to 1200-1300 is actually a challenge. Getting to 1500 is probably doable but trying to hit 1800 with an ilvl200 weapon is basically impossible. There needs to be a mid level point where players can dump their arena points for a fighting chance at hitting 1800+.

I say this as an arena master priest trying to help out a few friends on my alt. At around 1400+ its becoming brutal b/c everyone has an ilvl226 or higher weapon and I don't realistically see any way of hitting 1800 without my friends pve'ing for at least a 232 weapon.

No, people should not be able to get deadly/furious weapons through honor. There should be maybe a hateful weapon.

And no 1500 is not a challenge, not at all. If 1500 is a challenge getting a weapon wont help you.
    walls o' textual eyerape
    IT'S ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES THEIR ANAL VIRGINITY

10+ Year Old Account

they should allow people to buy hateful gladiator's wpns for honor... item lvl 200.

basically the same as the craftable boes... 186 dps etc etc . in this way they can get the "resil" bonus for the wpn... but by no means are they going to be doing insane dmg.. it is after all a "welfare" item at this point..

hateful...

not deadly... not furious...

end of story

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

good that means you wont use a stupid argument about how rets pown high raitings in 2v2 ( wich is what i was refering to since that was the bracket i played back then )

Quote Originally Posted by Ohhaiqtpai
    I quit paying attention to what you said right there
    If I'm not mistaken, that's anime boy you're talking to. Must have gotten banned and had to change his name by cleverly adding a letter on the end. Don't pay any attention to him. He's one of those downbreeds that was crying shortly after 3.0 came out when the ret nerfs started to flow and he could no longer faceroll as effectively.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

actualy i did not get band so your comment is not only wrong but not needed. last i knew you got chewed out by a mod for starting the same arguments you are now, so if you would like ill contact another that you can talk to agen.

beffor i quit wow for several monthes because of real life ( school exetra ) i was in a top 10 raiding guild and was 5.5k + on all stand still bosses with 4.5k on a normal fight ( pre pally raid nerf / buff sycle ) pre ulduar all that jaz, and while i had most all BiS gear ( BoH 4/5 T7.5 ) i was only lacking the helm from S+2 because the damn thing wouldnt drop for me so i was stuck with the t7.5 helm as well. im not a bad player and realy quite good in pvp however the entire point of my post and example was quite simple.

at this point in time, arena is more about your class / spec then your skill. yes some players can pull realy high raiting with a gimp spec and thats grate for them. however every one i talk to like that ( enhance shamans / ret pallys in 2v2 and the like ) always pvp with a realy good friend on the game or do it with an irl friend willing to run with them. so untill all specs are exactly equil and you no longer have FoTM or OP specs / classes you will always have problems with arena being un-ballanced and there for not a TRUE test of a players skill. however i will say that as of now it is the BEST test of skill but its still not perfict.

if you take all that into acount and then take OUT the ability to get a pvp weapon ( pve weapons have the damage but lack the stats for pvp ) you DO gimp NEW players. agen im not talking about NEW 80 toons but NEW players that just hit 80 for the first time. these players will find it almost imposible to reach high ratings UNLESS they are a powerfull class / spec for the reason that a weapon hiting even 200 less will add up very quickly during the corse of an arena fight. and you count in the resiliance / stamina / top end damage / ap that the other person has over you simply in the weapon alone it realy does add up. deadly pvp gear is fine to start arena with and hiting 1850 or even 2k+ is doable with it even without a strong class. however having to power run heroics for a weapon that still isnt geared for pvp is realy stupid imo.

friends of mine have ben runing ToC heroic ever since it came out ( myself included on my druid ) and bothe them and i have yet to see 1 of the weapons drop. im sorry but i dont want to play the LOTO on if i will get a viable weapon or not. i would gladly spend 30 of each mark and 75k honor or hell even more to get a deadly weapon to start with so i didnt end up testing my luck in heroics only to get bad luck day after day after day.

I just had to log in to call BULLSHIT on this person.

Quote Originally Posted by meliancill
    ill probably get flamed but i dont care. i played a ret pally now i play a druid. on my pally i dont get invited to arena because ( rets arent viable at high raitings ) and on my druid i get told ( feral / boomkin isnt viable in arena at any level ) it dosnt matter if your a good player or not. these days you have to be the FoTM class to get into arena at any rating unless you make it yourself and then most good players wont join your team because of your class anyway.
    This is a load of horse shit right here. First off, ret is absolutely viable at high ratings. If you think they aren't, then you are only kidding yourself, and have no exp at high ratings. I play at 2200-2300 level, and I see a TON of ret paladins. Boomkins and feral druids are less so, but if I had to guess, you aren't a player who's sitting at 2000-2100 and can't progress becasue of your spec. However, you can easily get to that level with either of those specs. Stop blaming the GAME and blame YOURSELF for your inability to succeed or find partners who won't drop you after 10 games.

and now days the ( gear requirment ) for heroics is insane. i did a pug VoA 10 man and pulled 2.5k dps on the FIRST trash mob self buffed only ( they were to retarted to buff people ) the next thing i see is a RW: ( my toon name here ) get your dps up on the next mob our your out. people expect 3k dps in heroics now or they kick you. if your not in full epics they dont invite or kick you. gearing up for players now days is insane. its damn near imposible, and i find it funny how most people saying ( just do heroics / raids and get your weapons nubs ) played that toon when wrath came out and didnt have the same problem. so here do this and see for your self

pick a none FoTM class.
    dont join your guild dont get help from any guild members/friends.
    get to level 80
    gear up and get your ( easy weapon ) on your own.

a new player who dosnt have the ( conections ) that you guys do and when i say ( new players ) i dont mean a new 80 i mean a new player. an old player with a new 80 just joins the guild and gets runs to t8 gear so they are not the ones that have the problems.
    This is a side effect of an expansion going into its later stages. However, unlike in previous expansions, it is INCREDIBLY easy to get gear only 1 tier lower than the current tier. The reason you are getting removed from VoA groups is because the Flame Watcher boss does require a baseline level of DPS, as does the Storm Watcher. VoA isn't a free epix run for every undergeared scrub and his mother anymore.

However, anyone can run heroics. Heroics can be done by a group in quest greens as long as they can press 3 buttons. Seriously, no skill required whatsoever. If you say you can't get heroic groups, make them yourself. If you can't keep them together, and finish runs, you aren't trying hard enough.

Sorry, but you sound like a lazy plaeyr who wants to be instantly caught up to the gear level of people have been progressing for nearly a year in WotLK. That just isn't gonna happen. But it will happen pretty quickly if you truly do try and put forth the effort.

As for weapons for honor, the main difference between a PvP weapon for honor and a PvE weapon from Onyxia or ToC 5 man is that there is less stamina, and no resil, and to get a PvE weapon you can't be afk and get one. Stop complaining about this issue, there are weapons available, if you want with resil, you have to perform in arena.

Not to mention that the classes that weaopns affect most are MELEE classes, and I don't think Blizz is losing any sleep over the fact that a few less DKs or Rets will be walking around with leet weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by dkffiv
    A 213 deadly weapon should be available at 1250 or 1300 and the 232 furious should be available at 1500 for (300/600 arena points + tons of honor).

Remember that if you're coasting by at 1200-1500 in 2's you're getting like 200-270 points a week. 2 week investment for the 213 weapon and 3 weeks for the 232.

For 2 medium skilled players in deadly gear and crafted epic weapons (ilvl200), getting to 1200-1300 is actually a challenge. Getting to 1500 is probably doable but trying to hit 1800 with an ilvl200 weapon is basically impossible. There needs to be a mid level point where players can dump their arena points for a fighting chance at hitting 1800+.

I say this as an arena master priest trying to help out a few friends on my alt. At around 1400+ its becoming brutal b/c everyone has an ilvl226 or higher weapon and I don't realistically see any way of hitting 1800 without my friends pve'ing for at least a 232 weapon.
    What is the god damn big deal about doing PvE? Take 15-20 min a day and run ToC 5 man, and another 15-20 min per week and run Onyxia. Onyxia is a joke and is offering weapons on the same level as the 1800 relentless weapon, they just don't have resil. Honestly, if you can't hit 1800 with even the ilvl 219 weapons from ToC 5 man, the problem isn't your weapon. It is your strategy, your comp, or your playing ability.

STOP BLAMING THE GAME AND BLAME YOURSELF. Did you ever stop to think that the reason you cannot carry your friends alts is because they aren't good and/or lack experience as that class?

On my DK I hit 1850 for weapon with a priest friend, I was wearing all hateful main set, and full furious off set, using an ilvl 200 hunter polearm from naxx. I also hit 1850 on my rogue using 2 blue daggers in s5. Weapon isn't everythign! We beat teams with better gear and weapons than us all the time because we outplayed them.

ill probably get flamed but i dont care. i played a ret pally now i play a druid. on my pally i dont get invited to arena because ( rets arent viable at high raitings ) and on my druid i get told ( feral / boomkin isnt viable in arena at any level ) it dosnt matter if your a good player or not. these days you have to be the FoTM class to get into arena at any rating unless you make it yourself and then most good players wont join your team because of your class anyway.

and now days the ( gear requirment ) for heroics is insane. i did a pug VoA 10 man and pulled 2.5k dps on the FIRST trash mob self buffed only ( they were to retarted to buff people ) the next thing i see is a RW: ( my toon name here ) get your dps up on the next mob our your out. people expect 3k dps in heroics now or they kick you. if your not in full epics they dont invite or kick you. gearing up for players now days is insane. its damn near imposible, and i find it funny how most people saying ( just do heroics / raids and get your weapons nubs ) played that toon when wrath came out and didnt have the same problem. so here do this and see for your self

pick a none FoTM class.
    dont join your guild dont get help from any guild members/friends.
    get to level 80
    gear up and get your ( easy weapon ) on your own.

a new player who dosnt have the ( conections ) that you guys do and when i say ( new players ) i dont mean a new 80 i mean a new player. an old player with a new 80 just joins the guild and gets runs to t8 gear so they are not the ones that have the problems.
    You are kinda right, but i have to agree about a RL kicking low DPS in harder bosses. First week Koralon came out, i leaded a VoA25, at first i didn't care about gear but we started wiping, looked at DPS an saw a rets with less than 2.5k DPS (25man), he had greens and blues. It just doesn't make sence! All of us 'older' 80s had to keep upgrading gear, from greens blues to Naxx/T7/T7.5, then moved to Uld and then to ToC. Its just not fair a fresh level 80 just comes to a raid 3 tiers ahead of him, He's just wasting our time and gold.

On Topic: I agree about PvP weapons with honor but only weapons 2 seasons old.

Anyways thats my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    What is the god damn big deal about doing PvE? Take 15-20 min a day and run ToC 5 man, and another 15-20 min per week and run Onyxia. Onyxia is a joke and is offering weapons on the same level as the 1800 relentless weapon, they just don't have resil. Honestly, if you can't hit 1800 with even the ilvl 219 weapons from ToC 5 man, the problem isn't your weapon. It is your strategy, your comp, or your playing ability.

STOP BLAMING THE GAME AND BLAME YOURSELF. Did you ever stop to think that the reason you cannot carry your friends alts is because they aren't good and/or lack experience as that class?

On my DK I hit 1850 for weapon with a priest friend, I was wearing all hateful main set, and full furious off set, using an ilvl 200 hunter polearm from naxx. I also hit 1850 on my rogue using 2 blue daggers in s5. Weapon isn't everythign! We beat teams with better gear and weapons than us all the time because we outplayed them.
    -QFT
    The same people asking for honor weapons are the same people that post that every class besides theirs is OP and needs to be nerfed.They claim all they want to do is live and breathe pvp but are just bad at it. They get stomped by a decent/good player and their response isn't "I need to work on X or Y." Their response is crying how the other guy is face rolling and takes zero effort to kill them which is in fact true because they themselves don't have any skill for pvp. Then when they don't want to hear that they start blaming their lack of gear/weapons which is in fact their own fault. People need to face the reality that some people are just better than them and try to improve their strategy before worrying about gear. Does it take some time, effort and skill to get to 1800 rating? Yes it does and it should. There are plenty of really easy ways to get weapons that will more than do the trick till you get to the needed rating if you are any good at pvp at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Aswed
    You are kinda right, but i have to agree about a RL kicking low DPS in harder bosses. First week Koralon came out, i leaded a VoA25, at first i didn't care about gear but we started wiping, looked at DPS an saw a rets with less than 2.5k DPS (25man), he had greens and blues. It just doesn't make sence! All of us 'older' 80s had to keep upgrading gear, from greens blues to Naxx/T7/T7.5, then moved to Uld and then to ToC. Its just not fair a fresh level 80 just comes to a raid 3 tiers ahead of him, He's just wasting our time and gold.

On Topic: I agree about PvP weapons with honor but only weapons 2 seasons old.

Anyways thats my opinion.

i agree you kick people who are not performing well. however it was a 10 man voa pug with no buffs going out FIRST trash mob and i was number 3 on dps. however the raid leader was under the ( rets are op so they should always be number 1 dps ) thought at the time and when i was not he saw red flags i gues. however even a ret is limited on posible dps based on the following

buffs
    flasks / consumables
    duration of fights
    trash / boss

this was a pug and the raid leader was fail. we got no buffs and he ( the tank ) pulled beffor even half of us were in the instance to start with. being a VoA i didnt bother with consumables. this was the first trash mob and its a VoA trash mob wich die in a matter of seconds anyway giving no time to build up our dps potential. show me a ret who pulls 5k+ on the first trash mob of an instance given what i had to deal with and ill eat my own words. this was a matter of the raid leader making asumptions about how a class works and trying to act on those asumptions without even thinking about the situation. i left the raid anyway because that raid was bound to fail so why waist my time.

15+ Year Old Account

Yes, there should absolutely be weapons for honor. sologrinding ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentukyfried
    This attitude is just horrible. Seriously, if you feel the need to feel special over the "bad players", I think that you need to find something more rewarding in real life to make you feel better about yourself. No offense intended to you, but I am tired of seeing "hardcore pvpers/raiders" saying "Wah, scrubs gettin muh gear, I'm not spayshul now!" As a former raider who raided a lot, I didn't ever have this attitude. I don't care what the "scrubs" have. I know what I got and how I got it, that's all that matters. And I play this game to have fun, not be to special.

I agree 100% with this. Blizzard gives out alot of gear. and even more came with 3.2 but this doesnt mean that "i've been raiding for months to get this gear now anyone can get it easy!!", it means that people who havnt been hardcore raiding for these months can now get in on it without spending months behind on content. Blizzard works hard on new content, (although the coliseum is arguable by many people) and want the people who are paying to experience it. Besides in those months spent raiding, you've learned to play better, know your class more, and work better with your guild. Blizzard has said many times that the wow comunity is getting smarter, and learning harder fights quicker. Look at the difficulty of lvl. 60 Ony compared to lvl. 80 Ony (of course this is still easy, but they made things a little trickier).

Gear doesn't make a bad player good. It makes a good player great.

Someone could be in full T9, pulling big dps spamming one button, but if they cant play they will die to fires, void zones, and wont be doing as good as they could. Stupidity cant be hidden with gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic
    Yes, there should absolutely be weapons for honor. sologrinding ftw.
    God forbid you have to play with other players in an MMO :

Guys look back to TBC....i still got my wep for honnor and stuff why not do it now?? blizz alrdy made then let us have it again for like 70k honnor and 40 Marks from eatch BG???

Quote Originally Posted by Felric
    I think your attitude is horrible. You should be trying to better yourself instead of lowering the standards.
    You have no view outside of your Arena rating/Achievements, and clearly have misjudged ideas.

WoW is a game, and everybody should be allowed to at least be viable within the standard they play.

If a guy who keyboard turns and clicks all his abilities has the tier 2 of the s7 weapon, how does that actually ruin your personal game?

He will still be awful, but will be having more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Catmans2
    Guys look back to TBC....i still got my wep for honnor and stuff why not do it now?? blizz alrdy made then let us have it again for like 70k honnor and 40 Marks from eatch BG???
    because you should be at the very minimum be required to be at your keyboard to get a great epic weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by metsfan
    because you should be at the very minimum be required to be at your keyboard to get a great epic weapon.
    That concept was dropped years ago by Blizzard

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm with OP. Nothing wrong with provided people with starter weapons for PvP. If it's so easy to get these other weapons I don't really what's so bad about adding another avenue for people to obtain them.

Melee do kind of get the shaft compared to casters cause they're more dependent on their weapon for dps. A mage decked out in full pvp gear isn't hurt as bad by a blue weap compared to let's say a rogue with blue weaps.

I agree.

2 simple words.