Throughput Vrs longevity, when neither is a problem

My gear isnt the greatest but with over 30k mana raid buffed I have no mana issues at all, normally have plenty of mana left over after every fight I do. But I've actually been refused spots in pugs due to items that I consider BiS (ilevel 200 badge libram). and some items I just havent been able to get better drops for (H ToC 5man trink). now some things i understand my damn shield I just havent been lucky with drops, and there arent many in the game, as wel as the JC ring wich due to the damn socket I'm having a really hard time finding an upgrade outside of the Triumph badge rings which I refuse to buy until I get soem tier when my overhealing is >%50 in every fight and i never run out of mana (as long as there is a replen). Should be trading into higher Ilevel crap just to appease wow-heroes and pugs for stuff guild doesnt raid? Or just be happy I'm not raiding with those people? Or am i really doing it wrong in the first place? lol

also considering switching to holy/prot build with the %5 increase in healing and switching from glyph of seal of wis to seal of light. just wanting feedback on when you should focus more on the output (even with hge overhealing) than the regen (even when you dont run out of mana lol)

runnons ftw!

Re: Throughput Vrs longevity, when neither is a problem

if u are refused to a raid cuz ilvl 200 libram, don't ever go to that raid. they are bad. That is best in slot, by a LOOOOOONG way. i laugh out loud so bad when i see wowhereos and some pally is wearing the 245 libram. OMG u used badges on that! omg u are bad type of thing. it's a fast way to tell the bad pallies from the good ones, first check, check libram.

you use hl 200 one, or you use the flash of light sp one from pvp. that's it.

I started ulduar with the badge shield no lie, did fine. don't worry about it, but there are a lot of shields u can get now. pug nax 25, ulduar 10 and u should have 3 to choose from. I'm guessing u always have mana cuz u are doing low lvl content. the new content is very, very stressing on healers.

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    if u are refused to a raid cuz ilvl 200 libram, don't ever go to that raid. they are bad. That is best in slot, by a LOOOOOONG way. i laugh out loud so bad when i see wowhereos and some pally is wearing the 245 libram. OMG u used badges on that! omg u are bad type of thing. it's a fast way to tell the bad pallies from the good ones, first check, check libram.

you use hl 200 one, or you use the flash of light sp one from pvp. that's it.

I started ulduar with the badge shield no lie, did fine. don't worry about it, but there are a lot of shields u can get now. pug nax 25, ulduar 10 and u should have 3 to choose from. I'm guessing u always have mana cuz u are doing low lvl content. the new content is very, very stressing on healers.
    I refuse to waste badges on the 245 libram, it's the worst holy libram out there (A CHANCE to increase overhealing when you cast HL which mostly overheals anyway LOL). I picked up the valor badge one (+160 SP to HL) last night to play with some last night, at least that gaurantee's it will increase my overhealing on every spell lol. The only fight I seem to even get close to having mana issues on is Beasts in ToC.. as far as the shield I honestly think I'm just screwed lol. nax25 pugs just dont happen on my server anymore and if they do they are so absolute fail it isnt worth having to buy another keyboard... My only hope really is the XT shield from uld10 and after killing her god knows how many times I've NEVER even seen the damn thing drop! I'm honestly considering picking up a priest offhand just to be rid of it lol. I broke down and got the valor badge ring also last night even though I lose int from the socket on the JC one I just got tired of looking at the damn thing lol.

Longevity. Why? Because we gem, gear and enchant for the worst case escenario. And the worst is a 15 min fight.
    IM TEH RET! er... teh holy... or it was teh prot?!
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Well I consider my deadly libram BiS for me, i use Flashes most of the time! And guess what, I'm rarely... RARELY... beaten in healing on any raid and if I am it's NEVER by much. I do pug a lot but this is all on pugs that have cleared 25/10 ToC and everything under that. I do HL spam at times in emergencies but the fact remains, when I'm healing a group or raid people just stay alive because I'm good at my job. I still have an ilvl200 ring and trinket, but the egg of mortal essence owns and I like my haste ring (soon to be replaced by 245ilvl haste ring however). Keeping those high sp, fast casting flashes of lights comming during raids keeps me from falling asleep and/or overhealing. You'd be suprised how great flash spamming is when they're almost = to your holy shocks in terms of amount healed.

Seriously though they deadly libram is like 12k honor and doesn't take a rating, so easy to get and beats the hell out of all those other librams. Just...do yourself a favor and get it... and at least try it on for a while. ;p

And in line with what the original poster was saying...JoL and heal the best way you see fit. I had crappy holy gear for a long time but I was still always close if not on top of healing meters anyways with surprisingly minimal overheal.

Sometimes Ill blow my mana bar keeping a raid from oblivion within 15 seconds...all of it...then Ill just blow all my CDs with Divine Plea running and spam holy lights...the criticals from that usually put me back at 75%, and if I'm just spamming Flashes I'll be almost full probably. On long fights you can do this a few times. With wings/illum your heals aren't impacted by plea as much as well as costing you less mana thusly the entire time you have your CDs running your mana is only going up up up! On shorter fights you will only be able to do this once but...it wont matter since it's a short fight.

and um...I'm done jibbering

-Sleiphnir
    Hi, I'm Lerty.

it's 15k honor, and u won't be winning heal meters using flash of light spam in hard mode 25's.

and a sp trinket? waaaaaaaa?

Quote Originally Posted by darthceltic
    it's 15k honor, and u won't be winning heal meters using flash of light spam in hard mode 25's.
    Because heal meters tell the full story, amidoinitrite?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    youaredoinitrite

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilesmagno
    Longevity. Why? Because we gem, gear and enchant for the worst case escenario. And the worst is a 15 min fight.
    Really, I think this is your best bet here. Honestly, he said it better than I ever could have.

Pick up one of the PvP Flash librams, and if there ever comes a time you need to use FoL, that should give you all the power you need if the rest of your gear is decent. I have a PvP libram, and I love it for Heroics; makes life incredibly simple, and pads my wow-heroes score for all the idiots out there who only look at such things. As soon as I step into a raid zone, it goes in the bags and out comes Libram of Renewal.

Even if you focus on Flash, in an emergency you will wind up using HL.... and while there is never a good time to run out of mana, the worst time is during an emergency situation that has forced you to use the most powerful spell in your arsenal without interruption. Raid wipe will follow shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    No healing meters dont tell the full story but when looking at the majority of HM encounters they generally require a ridiculous ammount of HPS. If your one of those people scraping past 3k hps and thinking your a good healer because you have >10% overhealing then youre terrible, and have no place in a HM raid. Effeciency is all well and good right up until you cant keep your tank or raid alive because healers arent pulling their weight, which will inevitably lead to bringing in more healers rather than better healers and now your stuck up against an soft/hard enrage and wont be able to clear the content.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.