Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: New raid idea - Blizzard read that shit :D

Quote Originally Posted by mxds
    sooo the main idea is a maze-instance,

Like a maze that randomly change each week, with minotaur and chest hidden somewhere
    and there is a timer to the first stage sooo to find the ending u must split ur raid into groups, like 2-3 for 10mans, and group of 5-7 for 25mans, and you split groups and get lost in the maze, everybody will face different encounter that dosent attribute loot only allow them to continue, if they succeed to reach the ''ending'' of the maze they reach the first boss , minotaur, everybody get a summon or a portal in front of them (ulduar thing) and regroup in the main room to defeat the first boss.

And i guess if they dont beat the time it start over, like they return to beginning, except hardmode they are locked outside for a week, i dont know

if you got any idea add it here :P
    i still need more stage to my maze idea, everything with puzzle,riddle, i dont know :P
    18:00... 5 rogues going through the maze to find boss
    19:00 raid forms to kill boss...

See what I did there?
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.”
    ~G.B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Tuuuu Drengen
    IMO Ulduar was too hard before the nerf. Even with the best people in our guild we couldnt do it.

I remembered Baby boss and its Earthquake. Killed us all and it was damn hard to heal up.

After the nerf it was way more fair

Its only fair that blizz are nerfing thing if they experince that they have maded it too hard so that many guilds cant do it.

IMO Ulduar is still hard and need a lot of focusing
    Rofl i do hope youre not serious.

Ulduar pre-nerf was fine, aside from the bosses that were bugged, and the impossible hardmodes such as hodir. Ulduar as it stands now is a joke, even the hardmodes are boring and going into the instance is a drag. Factor in people gearing up with free gear from their new 5 man (err, 25 man rather, i always forget which it is since we clear it just as fast as the 5 man + intro), and you have one stupidly easy obsolete instance. At least shit like yogg + 0 is still relatively challenging.

If the best people in your guild were finding XT pre nerf too hard, then im sorry to say your guild doesn't have very good players.

And to the OP... Sounds pretty cool IMO.... With some tuning and tweaking, I reckon this could be a really cool instance.

Too hard to implement and... Not quite WoW material. WoW is very streamlined nowadays; Faction Champions was only a difference in playstyle and it got a lot of flak. Making the gimmick of the encounter some kind of maze seems like it would generate waterfalls of QQ - unless this is FL 2.0, where in exchange for an outlandish gimmick, the encounter is stupidly easy. And, if the encounter became stupidly easy, well, they'd be doing a lot of work on a mostly-wasted encounter, considering they'd have to do so much with the terrain.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I like the idea alot, and it's fun to have more interesting things then just tank and spank.

How about an obstacle course WHILE fighting a boss.

You have to keep moving forward every few seconds or your will fall into lava (or whatever) and take heavy damage.
    The boss knocks random people back every half minute into the lava and slows them (which can be dispelled e.d)

While fighting you have to jump (over things, over gaps etc), move out of the way (of flamethrowers or something), and hide in things (LOS damage), while still fighting a boss.

Imagine a round moving chamber (in a spiraling motion) with the boss in the middle, and all these things above here and being pushed out to the lava slowly (like 5 yards per 8 seconds) while slowly moving up a tower or something.

I would freaking LOVE something like that.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Professor
    18:00... 5 rogues going through the maze to find boss
    19:00 raid forms to kill boss...

See what I did there?
    The Kiss

Any kind of Stealth puts a curse on every person in the group / raid that randomly puts people into a long sleep. Only the Frog of Sorrow can wake people up again.

Problem solved HA!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Pielord
    Rofl i do hope youre not serious.

Ulduar pre-nerf was fine, aside from the bosses that were bugged, and the impossible hardmodes such as hodir. Ulduar as it stands now is a joke, even the hardmodes are boring and going into the instance is a drag. Factor in people gearing up with free gear from their new 5 man (err, 25 man rather, i always forget which it is since we clear it just as fast as the 5 man + intro), and you have one stupidly easy obsolete instance. At least shit like yogg + 0 is still relatively challenging.

If the best people in your guild were finding XT pre nerf too hard, then im sorry to say your guild doesn't have very good players.

And to the OP... Sounds pretty cool IMO.... With some tuning and tweaking, I reckon this could be a really cool instance.
    Ulduar isnt hard anymore but i think it was the first time you were doing it and specially before the Nerf
    Yes now its just piece of cake but thats because you know the tacs too well and know what to do when and so on.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Baabinator
    I like the idea alot, and it's fun to have more interesting things then just tank and spank.

You have to keep moving forward every few seconds or your will fall into lava (or whatever) and take heavy damage.
    The boss knocks random people back every half minute into the lava and slows them (which can be dispelled e.d)

While fighting you have to jump (over things, over gaps etc), move out of the way (of flamethrowers or something), and hide in things (LOS damage), while still fighting a boss.

Imagine a round moving chamber (in a spiraling motion) with the boss in the middle, and all these things above here and being pushed out to the lava slowly (like 5 yards per 8 seconds) while slowly moving up a tower or something.

I would freaking LOVE something like that.
    Indeed that would be awsome alltho this would be very annoying for casting healers. You know...stop op now and then to heal people up and then run again. This is where druid healing is nice

Donkey Kong?

so you want old diablo stuff on wow huh?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by heptadragon
    Donkey Kong?
    I was thinking about the skateboard challenge in Mario Party where you have to jump over things and get money and avoid to fall down

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tuuuu Drengen
    Indeed that would be awsome alltho this would be very annoying for casting healers. You know...stop op now and then to heal people up and then run again. This is where druid healing is nice
    That's the point really.

Healers have to stop every now and and then to heal.
    Melee dps has to hide to avoid LOS/AOE dmg etc
    Ranged dps has to move as well
    Tanks have to hide to avoid LOS/AOE dmg etc while still taking dmg.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Deleted

That's the point really.

Healers have to stop every now and and then to heal.
    Melee dps has to hide to avoid LOS/AOE dmg etc
    Ranged dps has to move as well
    Tanks have to hide to avoid LOS/AOE dmg etc while still taking dmg.
    Yeah exactly.
    But then maybe make it so that the boss fight is a running fight where you have to run like hell and avoid things and avoid the boss whos running after you untill you reach the end and the boss dies from falling down into the lava or something. Maybe it falls down and lose a lot of hp, then comes up and the acturally fight starts

my idea for blizzard is make a really hard mechanic 1st boss so pugs and noobs wont be in my t10 for doing no work. i worked hard in uldaur to get a full set and most guilds still arent at yogg, yet i see them comming out of ToC with my gear on...makes me sad...
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

didnt read all comments, but to me it feels like it could either be a 5-man instance or part of an encounter in 25-man.

for 25-man i think of something like brain phase during yoggi. half the raid would be ported to a maze, making their way through it, to deal dmg to something or getting a buff needed for the encounter (maybe its the only possibility to stop the bosses healing-spell, get rid of his protective shield or kill his untankable mirror-image, thats running through the raid dealing random damage). with the maze being random generated (like levels in diablo are) this could be a way to keep a farm-status-boss still interesting... you could put different settings with different types of monsters (like facing trolls in an jungle setting and facing lets say dwarfs in an cave) and hand out a achievement for completing each setting and like 5times each-setting, 10times each setting etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka
    You get lost in ST because it has about 3 levels, all divided into 6 completely identical segments. It's boring and lame and you barely have any reference points to identify your location.
    Since i got Atlas, i don't get lost in ST anymore

Quote Originally Posted by shax0r
    didnt read all comments, but to me it feels like it could either be a 5-man instance or part of an encounter in 25-man.

for 25-man i think of something like brain phase during yoggi. half the raid would be ported to a maze, making their way through it, to deal dmg to something or getting a buff needed for the encounter (maybe its the only possibility to stop the bosses healing-spell, get rid of his protective shield or kill his untankable mirror-image, thats running through the raid dealing random damage). with the maze being random generated (like levels in diablo are) this could be a way to keep a farm-status-boss still interesting... you could put different settings with different types of monsters (like facing trolls in an jungle setting and facing lets say dwarfs in an cave) and hand out a achievement for completing each setting and like 5times each-setting, 10times each setting etc.
    Pretty much this.

Make a big randomly generated maze with Patchwerk running around in it, and some trash so that you have to do something other than run around.

I kind of like this idea, would bring out a feeling of adventure and excitement to explore a labyrinth, discover the bosses, secret hardmodes, figure out puzzles etc.
    It would also be nice if Blizz added more single player content.
    Archeology would be a perfect place to start with, to level it up you could either explore ruins and what not, or you could rune a instance, that would be like a kind of labyrinth. In this instance there would be next to no monsters, the objective would be to solve some kind of puzzles, like aligning statues in a right order so they shine light upon a secret door, or solve a riddle that unlocks the next part of the instance.
    These for each riddle or puzzle you solve you should get 1 or more skill ups in archeology, at the end you solve one grand riddle or puzzle, that awards you more skill ups then the other encounters+ a bit of lore to keep people interested.

Now the skill up reward from the instances would have to be slightly better then the regular skill up system players have for archeology, so it would feel worth while to do them, but not so much so that people are forced to run instances.

This would cater to the lore junkies among us, and for the loners in WoW that just want to do a good bit of detective work from time to time and have fun solving puzzles and riddles while also discovering bits and pieces of WoW history. I would also add variety and choice of what to do, in a game that is already rich in variety and choice.

I would quote someone but alas for iPhones.

The idea of maze for buff then boss is nice, but that should be ezmode. Hardmode would be Much harder, much, so it is worth doing easy mode for a while, by doesn't get boring remember d2 only had 4/5 maps for each zone. You can't really have RANDOM maps.

Or the obstacle course idea while he chases you then falls in lava.