LF Char Screen Addon + Item Borders

A while back I remember seeing an addon that placed 4 item tooltips on the char screen, and also had a picture of your toon in the background. I found 1 or 2 addons that gave me the 4 tooltips but none that also had the picture of my character in the background.

Also, I'm looking for a way that I can modify the borders on items, rather than having the blizzard tooltip border I'd prefer to have a straight solid border that is coloured by the quality.

Anybody know of any addons that will do what I need? Thanks

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: LF Char Screen Addon + Item Borders

Not sure what the first one you're asking for is. But for the second one, just get a good tooltip addon and sharedmedia. I suggest tiptac.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    Not sure what the first one you're asking for is. But for the second one, just get a good tooltip addon and sharedmedia. I suggest tiptac.
    The first one is like this: http://wowinterface.com/downloads/in...heet.html#info but the one I remember had the 3d picture of your character that is on the default character frame except it was behind the tooltips.

And the second one, I don't mean anything to do with the tooltips, I mean the borders that are rarity coloured on items that are in your bag and on your character sheet.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

The only way to get rarity-colored tooltip borders for items is to use an addon that alters the tooltip. Tiptac actually has this capability - I have item-rarity-colored borders on item tooltips. Many tooltip addons have this capability. I know of no addon that "merely" adds this capability to the default tooltips, however.

And for the 4 dropdowns on the character screen, I dunno. I use the addon "AllStats". It removes the dropdowns and stats from that window, and attaches a narrow window down the right side of the charactersheet that has all 4 blocks listed vertically, and resizes the character to be roughly the size they are in Inspect windows.

I mean the borders seen in this image, not the colour of the tooltip when you mouse over an item.

I'm actually not quite sure how you want that first addon to look like. The only thing that comes to mind is the addon which you've got a picture of there; Examiner, but I guess you've already found it since you have that picture.

Now, to the second addon. If I've understood you correctly, then you're probably looking for an addon like oGlow.

Hope that helps and if I've got it wrong, please try to elaborate more.

Klurig
    Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    I'll miss how the old Tree of Life looked like it was in a constant state of panic while healing, running around with its arms flailing up in the air going "OH GOD, HOW DID I GET HERE? I AM NOT GOOD WITH INTERNETS!"

For the first addon, I basically want the character screen to be the same as examiner or some sort. And the oGlow looks sort of what I want, except I want to be able to makes the border of the item square, like I managed to do when using ArkInventory except I want it to extend for all items, everywhere.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Okay, so you want itemslot borders colored, not tooltip borders - specificity, my friend, is they key.

I don't know of any addon that will do that - except there may be a method, by altering the xml/lua for AllStats. Stretch the frame, and move it so it's anchored over the middle of the charactersheet frame. Will also require changing the strata of the AllStats frame.

For the second, the only addon I know of that does this is oGlow.

For the making them square, you'll need to do a little graphics magic. Specifically, you need to find out if Interface\\Buttons\\UI-ActionButton-Border is a normal border image or not. Then, replace it with a squared off version by making the "Buttons" folder inside your interface folder, and name the squared off version "UI-ActionButton-Border.tga" (or .blp).

The UI-ActionButton-Border doesn't modify the itemslot borders, because I've modified that before and it is already square. I've tried a couple of other ones in the Buttons folder too but I couldn't get it to modify the bag slots. Any ideas on what else I could modify to get the outcome?

EDIT: After modifying like 15 different files I really don't think that you can change the borders through the files, and that it much be built into the item icons itself.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Well, OGlow uses the UI-ActionButton-Border as it's glow texture, which is why I suggested it.

'Skinner' does the trick for me

(Yes, I know, but haven't seen a wand drop for aagggessss..)

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Except that's not what he wants. He wants all FOUR dropdowns displayed at once, but still have the character model behind them. He also wants the item slot borders to be square, and not rounded off.

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble
    Except that's not what he wants. He wants all FOUR dropdowns displayed at once, but still have the character model behind them. He also wants the item slot borders to be square, and not rounded off.
    Yes, that is what I am after
    Or even better than all FOUR dropdowns is to have a scrolling list like the examiner window.
    I have been using UI-ActionButton-Border for a while and it is already square. I then went through every .blp file I had in my interface folder and changed it to jpg to have a look at it, and any that resembled being borders and I managed to change the resistance borders, and I changed what I thought was the Mount and Pet icons but they didn't change. So I'm really not sure.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Like I said earlier, it should be possible to hack the AllStats addon's XML/lua files to do what you want with the character screen. I'll look into it when I have more time - I've been busy levelling a Horde character. So far, after about 3.5 weeks, I'm level 70. ;-)