Survival of the Fittest

Has anyone been crit by a boss with 3 points in survival of the fittest? I was tanking H Trial of the Champions the other day. On Eadric the pure, I noticed he crit me with a melee strike for over 9600. I took a screen shot of the combat log when it happened, but did not get it pasted, so I lost it. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this. I checked my spec, and I was definately in my tanking spec as I had 3 points in SoF, as well as 3 points in each of Natural Reaction and Protector of the Pack. That was the first thing I thought of, as my dps spec is feral as well. Thanks in advance.

Re: Survival of the Fittest

Check...his...god...damn...crit...buff...before...posting

Wow...Thank...You...for...being...a...total...dick...and...pointing...that...out...for...m e. What would this world do without asshats like you? If I knew he had a buff, I would not have asked the question, now would I? Besides, after researching (thanks to your assistance for pointing me in the right direction), I...would...not...have...seen...the...buff...after...he...crit...me,...now...would...I? How could I check his "damn...crit...buff..."? Seeing as how he only did it once. Or did you not think of that in your rush to berate me?

Btw, as much as I don't appreciate your tactics at helping people out, I like your catdps.jpeg in your sig.

I guess what he was trying to say in an asshatty kinda way was if a boss crits you - wowhead the boss and check his abilities. Eadric can crit you, thorim can crit you, there may be others.

Asking for help on mmo-champ will generally get you answers at the price of some abuse, if the abuse bothers you then don't ask on mmo-champ

only way you can be critted with SotF is if boss has some kind of buff
    or
    if you don't have defense high enough (lvl 80s usually have 400)
    it happened to me actually... lvled a lot in bg so my defense was too low

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    I guess what he was trying to say in an asshatty kinda way was if a boss crits you - wowhead the boss and check his abilities. Eadric can crit you, thorim can crit you, there may be others.

Asking for help on mmo-champ will generally get you answers at the price of some abuse, if the abuse bothers you then don't ask on mmo-champ

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike

And you know what, you are right. However, Thorim crits you after putting a debuff on you, not a buff on himself. I did read up on tactics and strats for ulduar. I did not read up on strats for ToC as the first time I went through, the fights were explained to me. I figure the guildie that was explaining the fights did not know of the buff either. If I had asked the question, with the answer in my post, I understand ass-hattedness. Otherwise, I post here to get away from the drama queens that plague the official forums. I just hate it when one of those dweebs makes it over here.

Someone plz post of pic of an asshat. thx
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

some bosses and mobs have noticiably higher than normal crit % or debuffs so yes people who are def capped have been crit
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

@OP: I don't often advocate being rude to members here but the sheer fact that people make posts here without bothering to look up the simplest things can be annoying to anyone that frequents this forum and sees this waste of space. If you were to go to the Eadric the Pure page on wowhead (the google for wow basically) it is the FIRST ability you see...

Now listen, i'm not saying people don't make foolish mistakes like this, but a curt response (that also partially or fully answers the question) is usually the best way to make sure such errors aren't repeated.

Hopefully, next time u run into such a question you will stop by wowhead first. I know that I learned to do that after foolishly asking why i was getting less crit after upgrading my chest from T7 to T7.5 (hint: meta gem).

Just to answer clearly:
    He was an asshat because this buff is permanent on Eadric, it's like an aura and you can see it on him always.
    Vengeance - Eadric's melee attacks have a chance to cause his next melee swing to be a critical strike.
    So, he has it, and when it procs he crits you.

English is not my main language, but I try!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelarian
    ...I took a screen shot of the combat log when it happened, but did not get it pasted, so I lost it...
    Did you delete this folder from your HD, or do you seriously open paint and /save every screenie you take, when it's done for you.