Question concerning the FoK damage nerf

No, this is not a QQ post, but just a simple question.

Do they mean 30% of overall damage done via FoK, or is it just the weapon-based portion (excluding poisons)? If the latter, then people really shouldn't complain that their FoK will be doing exactly 30% less damage, because that wouldn't be true, as poisons contribute a decent portion of it's overall damage.
    Updated (9/5/11)
    Current soloed content on rogue (Spec - Combat):
    Classic -- ZG (prior 4.0.1), MC, AQ20 (prior 4.0.3), AQ40 - Skeram, Sartura (prior 4.0.3), Bug Trio, Fankriss, Huhuran (4.0.6)
    TBC -- KZ (prior 4.0.3), ZA, SSC - Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Karathress, Morogrim, TK - Al'ar, Void Reaver, Solarian (4.0.6), Kael'thas (4.2.2), Magtheridon, Kazzak, CoT: MH - Azgalor (with trash) (4.0.6)

Re: Question concerning the FoK damage nerf

Quote Originally Posted by DiscostewSM
    No, this is not a QQ post, but just a simple question.

Do they mean 30% of overall damage done via FoK, or is it just the weapon-based portion (excluding poisons)? If the latter, then people really shouldn't complain that their FoK will be doing exactly 30% less damage, because that wouldn't be true, as poisons contribute a decent portion of it's overall damage.
    I believe it means the physical portion of the damage dealt. The poisons will still apply and deal their damage like normal.

So you are saying that before the nerf, it didn't do poison damage?

Yogg 0 and Anub Hm just got a whole lot harder.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Quote Originally Posted by Koukou
    So you are saying that before the nerf, it didn't do poison damage?
    It has always been physical damage. The poison damage (from applied poisons) is a separate component that deals a different kind of damage in addition to the ability's damage, just like they do with abilities like Sinister Strike.

I was just curious if the nerf applied to all components of FoK when used, or just the physical component specific to it.
    Updated (9/5/11)
    Current soloed content on rogue (Spec - Combat):
    Classic -- ZG (prior 4.0.1), MC, AQ20 (prior 4.0.3), AQ40 - Skeram, Sartura (prior 4.0.3), Bug Trio, Fankriss, Huhuran (4.0.6)
    TBC -- KZ (prior 4.0.3), ZA, SSC - Hydross, Lurker, Leotheras, Karathress, Morogrim, TK - Al'ar, Void Reaver, Solarian (4.0.6), Kael'thas (4.2.2), Magtheridon, Kazzak, CoT: MH - Azgalor (with trash) (4.0.6)

Quote Originally Posted by DiscostewSM
    It has always been physical damage. The poison damage (from applied poisons) is a separate component that deals a different kind of damage in addition to the ability's damage, just like they do with abilities like Sinister Strike.

I was just curious if the nerf applied to all components of FoK when used, or just the physical component specific to it.
    Just the physical component. Poisons will still apply as normal and do their normal damage.

Pre-3.2.2 it was xyz% with Non-daggers and abc% with daggers according to the tooltip.
    Now it's (xyz*0.7)% with Non-daggers and (abc*0.7)% with daggers in the tooltip.

The question with poisons can be answered if you ask yourself whether your poisons did more damage when you used FoK with daggers then with Non-daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykzor
    Yogg 0 and Anub Hm just got a whole lot harder.
    And Thorim for interrupts. Pretty sure Yogg +0 is pretty much impossible now with out interrupts.

PvP ruining PvE yet again.....

10+ Year Old Account

A spammable, non-interruptable, AoE interrupt was just as broken in PvE as it was in PvP.

Wow I never thought I'd be defending PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kelticfox
    And Thorim for interrupts. Pretty sure Yogg +0 is pretty much impossible now with out interrupts.

It's not like the thorim fight is gonna be harder... It's not like the FoK interupt ever have been needed in the thorim fight.
    However Yogg +0 is probably gonna be the hardest fight there ever was in WoW now when such a hard fight just got so much harder.

To be honest I think this is a double-nerf of one of our most valuable abilities. Loosing the interrupt is bad enough but to cut damage by a third is just too much.
    It's about time Bliz really sorted wether this game is about PVP or PVE as it stands they seem a little confused.

DISCLAIMER: Naive fool inc.

I believe that Blizz will see the error of their ways and give us back one of them in the future.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Kelticfox

There are interrupts that matter on thorim? That's news to me.

On a side note, single interrupting the *nerfed* YS+0 immortal guardian's won't be that terrible. Have 3 interrupters follow each tank that's pulling a marked add out. Kick that add. Win.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyetotem
    DISCLAIMER: Naive fool inc.

I believe that Blizz will see the error of their ways and give us back one of them in the future.
    No they won't. They will never give the AoE interrupt back at least. They may stealth buff the damage component as they just did Volley at some point, but I wouldn't count on it. Personally, I'd rather them return the 30% damage, but remove the ability for FoK to work with Blade Flurry and Poisons. That may just be me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelke
    No they won't. They will never give the AoE interrupt back at least. They may stealth buff the damage component as they just did Volley at some point, but I wouldn't count on it. Personally, I'd rather them return the 30% damage, but remove the ability for FoK to work with Blade Flurry and Poisons. That may just be me though.
    Nah, AE-MS > that little bit damage. Blade Flurry would be alright though.