Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

New Onyxia Difficulty

I haven't seen any statements on this, so I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas about how hard Onyxia will be? I know she drops loot comparable to ToC (iLvl 232 and 245). But, she is an event boss, so I figure they would not make her super hard, as in only for top tier guilds. Can someone give a comparison to a current boss? Like, as hard as KT, or a Uld boss, or Toc boss? Thanks.

Re: New Onyxia Difficulty

Personally I haven't tried her, but I'd suppose she's on pair with Ulduar/Trial of the Crusader bosses, from looking at the gear she drops.

Also, if anyone knows, has there been added a new way of avoiding the Deep Breaths, or if it's the same as the old version?

Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane
    Personally I haven't tried her, but I'd suppose she's on pair with Ulduar/Trial of the Crusader bosses, from looking at the gear she drops.

Also, if anyone knows, has there been added a new way of avoiding the Deep Breaths, or if it's the same as the old version?
    Mid Ulduar bosses would make sense, just to allow more people access and such.

Also, from what I have read on wow wiki, seems the tactics are the same for everything, avoiding deep breath included. She basically has more HP and does more damage now. As far as i know.

15+ Year Old Account

Sartharion+0 easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Skez
    Sartharion+0 easy.
    Well, that would be awesome. Do you know this from PTR or what? One of my friends also said it would probably be as hard as Sarth + 0 as well. That would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by ikabod00
    Well, that would be awesome. Do you know this from PTR or what? One of my friends also said it would probably be as hard as Sarth + 0 as well. That would make sense.
    Tried it on the PTR myself as a tonkadin, facerolled it down in 2-3 tries(never played pally live:P)
    That wa son tenman though.
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall
    One time, I stunned a rogue. I lolled.

Its not really considered a progression raid, more of a novelty since its part of the WoW anniversary. Think of the items you get just a bonus, now all the bads will be able to upgrade the stuff they got from H-TOC. Now instead of seeing retards running around in 2 piece 8.5 (Helm and Chest only) with weapons like Peacekeeper blade, Spectral Kris...etc, you will see them running around in a remodeled tier 2 helm with a weapon from this encounter boasting how good they are at the game and claiming they can do 5k+ dps cuz thats how much WWS said they did on Thaddius.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vexyn
    Its not really considered a progression raid, more of a novelty since its part of the WoW anniversary. Think of the items you get just a bonus, now all the bads will be able to upgrade the stuff they got from H-TOC. Now instead of seeing retards running around in 2 piece 8.5 (Helm and Chest only) with weapons like Peacekeeper blade, Spectral Kris...etc, you will see them running around in a remodeled tier 2 helm with a weapon from this encounter boasting how good they are at the game and claiming they can do 5k+ dps cuz thats how much WWS said they did on Thaddius.
    LOL that is so true. I am looking forward to doing Ony with my alt death knight, though. I'd also like the helm for my priest (<3 Transendence).

The raid's probably not difficult, especially if you've done Onyxia before. It's just there to be enjoyed without just going and soloing it for an achievement and money. Enjoy!
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

15+ Year Old Account

I would think her difficulty would be on par with the difficulty of KT when Naxx was released. One of the main reasons Naxx was so easy for everyone, was becasue the majority of people had had experience in the previous Naxx. I anticipate Onyxia to be similiar. Many people have done this instance before, but its just been buffed a bit. It will be fairly simple to do, and pugable by the time servers are stable.

Good times.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown
    LOL that is so true. I am looking forward to doing Ony with my alt death knight, though. I'd also like the helm for my priest (<3 Transendence).

The raid's probably not difficult, especially if you've done Onyxia before. It's just there to be enjoyed without just going and soloing it for an achievement and money. Enjoy!
    It's really too bad that there are only tier 2 helms to get and not other pieces of the set. Tier 2 is arguably the best looking tier set in the game, especially Transendence. Although I suppose you could just go farm the recolor one from TBC dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown

This is pretty much what i was assuming. Its a for fun kinda thing for anniversary. They want everyone to enjoy, but making it non-soloable and such. And drops some nice gear, not the best, but could be ups for some people, but not enough to really move someone TOO far forward. Was really just looking for some confirmation that this was really outside of normal progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    I would think her difficulty would be on par with the difficulty of KT when Naxx was released. One of the main reasons Naxx was so easy for everyone, was becasue the majority of people had had experience in the previous Naxx. I anticipate Onyxia to be similiar. Many people have done this instance before, but its just been buffed a bit. It will be fairly simple to do, and pugable by the time servers are stable.

Good times.
    Uh there wasn't many who did Naxx when it was originally out. Alot of new people are around now who came to WoW when the expansion came out. Not to mention there wasn't that many guilds that were far into Naxx. Most were only able to get 1 or 2 bosses down, usually Razuvious or Noth. The difficulty was tuned lower then what you'd expect because it was an entry raid. Sure knowin the strategies helped, but it was only part of why it was different. Plus NAxx is part of the wotlk lore, Ony is just an update for the anniversary, it doesn't fit in with anything in the ongoing storyline.

i have to agree sarth +0 i think it is just for fun is the way i see it .. you can get a few 245's oh man dats kewl you can raid ToC now ! wait you didnt need good gear to raid it in the first play .. NVM!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ikabod00
    Yes, I pugged her on the PTR a few weeks ago with a bunch of both good and bad players.

Old school way to tell if youve got baddies.

I can't wait to see new players get wtfpwned by Deep Breaths and Whelps.

Ah, the good ol' days.

MOAR DOTS
    -Paladin since Open Beta. Holy since Molten Core. OG Pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Skez
    Yes, I pugged her on the PTR a few weeks ago with a bunch of both good and bad players.
    Awesome, this should be pretty easy for me then.

Only thing I am worried about is that I will probably have to pug. Kinda worried about RL's master looting it and taking any mount drop or giving only to guildies or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradin
    Old school way to tell if youve got baddies.

I can't wait to see new players get wtfpwned by Deep Breaths and Whelps.

Ah, the good ol' days.

MOAR DOTS
    Of course that will happen. Haha. I mean, i have only done it once, for achieve, and I was level 80. But seriously, as far as strategy and such, its not a difficult fight. Go to wowwiki, spend 3 mins reading the strat and you should be fine. But, of course there will be people who won't do this, and come in, and die on whelps. MANY WHELPS! HANDLE IT!

Unless she was buffed before being put in Live. Fight is a Koralon Type difficulty really easy to pug and in 3attemps max you should have it.
    I pugged this on the PTR with a mixture of really bad and good players and we got her to like 6% and we wiped because i didn't knew how flame breath worked after that the only thing i remember seeing where many whelps.

only difference AFAIK from the original fight is a level 81 elite that spawns midway thru the fight and has to be dps down.

Quote Originally Posted by annerajb
    only difference AFAIK from the original fight is a level 81 elite that spawns midway thru the fight and has to be dps down.
    Yeah, i saw that on wowwiki. Only has like 150k HP or something right? So as long as all ranged switch to it, should be fine?

Also, i am very excited that new Onyxia is not fire immune, so I don't have to use my FFB (not FFB spec) or switch to my Frost farming off-spec.

15+ Year Old Account

THERE IS AN ELITE ADD ALONG WITH MANY WHELPS IN P2!!!!!

HARDEST FIGHT EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Vexyn
    I love you.